Did I just read you were doing 3 variations of curls and some pushups/crunches the other day? I saw a lot of good info at the start of the thread, what happened?
Deadlifts and squats ftw. As long as you learn good form from someone smart (not necessarily a personal trainer) they are the best things to add overall muscle mass. I'd recommend going to the gym and talking to some of the bigger guys that look like they know what they're doing, ask some questions and then pool the info. Listen to what makes sense and make your own educated decisions on your form/routine.
95% of the people in the gym are retarded (IMO), and most of them probably think I'm going to throw my back out with all the ATG squats I do. A couple guys (always a trainer/coach "back home") have come up and given me their "advice", I just smile and crank my ipod.
And of course it's probably like 60% diet/40% exercise. Gotta eat lots of good food to put on good amount of muscle.
personal trainer, waste of time/money?
Collapse
X
-
-
hahahah those are the only ones I'm going to post. Next ones will be maybe a month from now.Leave a comment:
-
As much as I'd love to post half-naked pictures of my tanned, muscular physique for the rest of r3v and begin a back-patting bro-fest, I'll sit this one out.Leave a comment:
-
-
You look a lot bigger than I thought you would for 120 pounds, though I guess if you were a skeleton you would be closer to like 80 lbs at that height hahaha.Leave a comment:
-
Okay well here I go R3v. This is me currently at 121.23 Lbs. (We have good scales at the hospital I work at lol) Today's workout is going to be curls with a bar, dumbbell curls, reverse curls, "perfect pushups" and crunches.

Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment:
-
Haha, my ex would make me promise not to eat chili after I worked out. Yay for poo particles.Leave a comment:
-
Hhahaahah that arnold video was great. I didn't think he could use the word "cumming" that many times by the end of the vid. Definitely an inspiration though, I've always loved Ahnuld's movies.Leave a comment:
-
back on subject, wear head phones when you are at the gym too. that way when you fart from all the protein and food you are eating and your rev'ed up metabolism is tearing up, you don't hear it. bbecause when you don't hear it, it didn't happen!Leave a comment:
-
Sure, but what are you more interested in, one-night stands with drunken sluts or a lasting relationship? Maybe I'm just getting old.Leave a comment:
-
Yeah, well I stay a little active playing some sports, bike riding (mtn and road) and stuff like that. But definitely not fit by my standards. I think I'd like working out at home in some form, pull ups, sit ups, push ups, etc. Just not sure how to go about it.It's definitely a good feeling to be in shape and strong/manly/big/whatever, but girls really don't give two shits. When was the last time you saw a super hot girl dating a quintessentially good looking guy in really good shape? Conversely, when was the last time you saw someone who was ripped dating a really attractive girl?
However, I think even if you're not looking to bulk up, physical activity and regular gym visits will do anybody good, physically and mentally.
About the guys and girls thing, since I live in this crazy (stupid) thing called the greek system where people just like to get drunk and hook up with each other, girls definitely will go for a ripped guy just because he's ripped. Not saying it means anything serious or I care, but it works around here. (just talking to a girl two nights ago about this)Leave a comment:

before i started lifting
Leave a comment: