China Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China Price

Next time you go shopping at Walmart, ask yourself how what you purchase is produced and why it is so cheap.

The book
    http://thechinaprice.org/AboutBook.html

The review
    http://www.cairnsmedia.com/Archives%...e_04272008.htm

Chinese factories’ skill at falsification has become a competitive advantage. In a world where so many are cheating to keep costs down, telling the truth becomes a handicap.

Good shopping everyone.
    :up:
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

I honestly don't care.

Comment

The last time I went to Walmart was out of pure necessity. I needed some proper footwear for a motorcycle safety course. Thought what I had would be ok, found out at orientation it wasn't. Everything else was closed by the time I got out and class was starting early the next day.

Late night run to Walmart got me what I needed, but I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. That was over a year ago. Good news is, said Walmart wasn't in my town. Why? Walmart wanted to open a store in Nashua, but were promptly told to GTFO :up:

Side note, totally unrelated. Thanks for the brackets, Lee. They're awesome. Finally installed my e21 recaros yesterday.
      '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
      '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

peopleofwalmart.com

This country sucks at making manufacturing a reality, so shit moves to where there are open arms.
        i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Someday you will care

If you don't care now, wait until you have kids and you worry about there futures... The US business's have been the leaders in the race for the bottom. What about the defective products that China sends over? So you buy a crib, thinking it is safe, and it turns out that they painted it with lead based paint, you baby gets lead poising and needs medical help, you don't have medical insurance because your employer had to cut that benefit to stay competitive with a chinese firm, so your baby ends up with chronic problems for the rest of his or her life. You have to take care of the child forever, you try and sue the importer of the crib, but they went out of bussiness.. You and you wife get into arguments over the whole situation, end up going thru a nasty divorce, she gets your E30, while you get to drive your yugo, she hooks up with a young guy who thinks E30's are way cool.... So you end up old and bitter sleeping on a park bench because your yugo died and got towed away, only to wake up one morning really sick because the cardboard you ate last night had some really bad chemical in it. You end up at the hospital and find out you have stomach cancer brought on by the bad chemical in the cardboard from China, you end up dying a painful death alone.... all because of a product from China.. Then you will care...

Comment

Originally posted by techterr View Post
            If you don't care now, wait until you have kids and you worry about there futures... The US business's have been the leaders in the race for the bottom. What about the defective products that China sends over? So you buy a crib, thinking it is safe, and it turns out that they painted it with lead based paint, you baby gets lead poising and needs medical help, you don't have medical insurance because your employer had to cut that benefit to stay competitive with a chinese firm, so your baby ends up with chronic problems for the rest of his or her life. You have to take care of the child forever, you try and sue the importer of the crib, but they went out of bussiness.. You and you wife get into arguments over the whole situation, end up going thru a nasty divorce, she gets your E30, while you get to drive your yugo, she hooks up with a young guy who thinks E30's are way cool.... So you end up old and bitter sleeping on a park bench because your yugo died and got towed away, only to wake up one morning really sick because the cardboard you ate last night had some really bad chemical in it. You end up at the hospital and find out you have stomach cancer brought on by the bad chemical in the cardboard from China, you end up dying a painful death alone.... all because of a product from China.. Then you will care...

way to ruin the ending douche bag!

Comment

still don't care.

Comment

cliffs?

e24 e9 e30
                IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

Bruce Lee was made in China and he was pretty dam cool!
                  seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                    Bruce Lee was made in China and he was pretty dam cool!
                    and look at him now, I could kick his ass now.
                    Brian Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by rustybullet View Post
                      way to ruin the ending douche bag!
                      Welcome to the real world...

Comment

i actively boycott walmart.

i despise it. it is a huge part of what is wrong with the u.s.
                        AWD > RWD

Comment

You forgot to say at some point he would be living in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!

89 325i Alpine White

Comment

While I am a free market guy, Walmart is a place I cant stand and have not set foot in one since 1997. I refuse to spend any money in there.

I dont have any issues with the business model, sell cheap on a razor margins and sell big. What I have issues with is predatory model, selling staple items at a loss to drive out all local competition, I dont like how they dictate to their manufacturers and vendors what they will pay for goods, forcing them to sell below their cost.

I really dont like how they subsidize their bottom line by forcing the bulk of their rank and file employees into the state funded HC, rather than take 5% of annual profits (over 10b) to put back into a affordable high quality HC plan for employees.

Not to mention that the quality of everything there is just crap, I will pay a little more for something that was made here or at least in Taiwan.

I hate wal mart
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

I buy synthetic oil at wall mart, Castrol synthetic is the cheapest there

Comment

Working...
                              X