• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bikerbill2021
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus View Post
    gf picked up a r65/5 to restore.

nice nice nice, same pipes as mine too

my /6 is the first BMW I've had/built, took it down to cars and coffee yesterday, cant believe how much attention it gets, I'm still a huge 2 stroke junkie, but Airheads are my second choice when it comes to vintage bikes now, they are just too cool

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    gf picked up a r65/5 to restore.

Leave a comment:

• evoDRichie
    replied
    MY 2010 GS ADV
    44k miles

completed:
    NC 28
    HW 129 (Tail of the Dragon)
    US 40

Leave a comment:

• bikerbill2021
    replied
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
    :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy::crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Love your posts man.
    thanks man, its funny, this is really the only place I post what I do with these bikes, and I dont even own an E30 anymore

Leave a comment:

• Dozyproductions
    replied
    :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy::crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Love your posts man.

Leave a comment:

• bikerbill2021
    replied
    Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
    That rd350 is clean af. I'm jealous. In other news I picked up an xs1100. Cant wait to rip into this one.
    Thanks, been my favorite bike so far, I'm trying to find an RD400 to build into my personal machine.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post

Have I said it before? You seem to be overflowing with bikes, please loan one to me until I get another, plzkthx.

RnineT is the bike I'd buy if I had the money.

Ha they pile up fast, Im trying to start a shop building these things, and funny you should mention the R-nine-T, my business partner just got one, awesome bike, tons of torque, and you can really see the similarities to the old air heads like my /6 in it, which is now finished and up for sale. Been riding this one around a lot, gets a ton of looks, people always asking me about it wherever I go, its a blast!

Leave a comment:

• e30 gangsta
    replied
    That rd350 is clean af. I'm jealous. In other news I picked up an xs1100. Cant wait to rip into this one.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    The guy told me the idle fuel setting was low, he upped the idle and no more issues.

On another note, I found a DRZ. What are ya'lls thoughts on this?
    2006 drz400
    5k easy miles
    Clean Texas title
    Takegawa 440 big bore kit
    Black excel rims
    Yoshimura exhaust system
    Like new tires front and back
    Excel grips
    HID front headlight

3500 OBO.

Subframe and Frame were tweaked by previous owner so has 2001 clean frame and subframe

He said it is titled as an 2001, but he only has had it maybe like 3 months. That BBK I can't find any info on that one. He also said that the previous owner did the install of the BBK. I'm thinking he may just be trying to flip it. Not sure of a good price for it?

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
    There was a recall on faulty denso coils? on 2003 r6's. Got mine replaced for free at a "Ride Now Motorsports" dealer/shop. If they were never replaced, that could be it, signs show up around 10,000-25,000 miles. Worth a shot? Any reputable shop could check to see if it was done with the vin I think. I bet they were already replaced but he should take it to a shop if he doesn't know what he's doing.
    That might be it then. I know I never had it done. I did get the bike in 2005. He'll have to check to see if that recall was after that or not.

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    yeah, sold with no warranties. I just feel bad that I've had zero issues with it. I kind of think it's something he's doing. I noticed that when he did the test ride, I had cash in hand, that he didn't seem too comfortable on it.
    There was a recall on faulty denso coils? on 2003 r6's. Got mine replaced for free at a "Ride Now Motorsports" dealer/shop. If they were never replaced, that could be it, signs show up around 10,000-25,000 miles. Worth a shot? Any reputable shop could check to see if it was done with the vin I think. I bet they were already replaced but he should take it to a shop if he doesn't know what he's doing.

Abby - I'm jelly.

Originally posted by Downz View Post
    <<lots of bike projects>>
    Have I said it before? You seem to be overflowing with bikes, please loan one to me until I get another, plzkthx.

RnineT is the bike I'd buy if I had the money.
    Last edited by DEV0 E30; 04-21-2016, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraser View Post
    Who cares? Sold as is?
    yeah, sold with no warranties. I just feel bad that I've had zero issues with it. I kind of think it's something he's doing. I noticed that when he did the test ride, I had cash in hand, that he didn't seem too comfortable on it.

Leave a comment:

• Fraser
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    So they guy that bought my 03 R6 last Monday texted me saying that it is now shutting off when it stops. It will start right back up but then die again when he stops again. I put a PowerCommander 3 on it like 2 years ago. It only would die on me when I would first leave the house and it would do it once, after that it wouldn't do it. I think it was the tune that is on it. But it never did this to me like he is saying. Not sure what could be wrong with it. He said he put gas in it, premium. So I dont know if it is the gas he got or the tune on the Power Commander.

any other ideas?

03 r6 with 35k miles
    Who cares? Sold as is?

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    So they guy that bought my 03 R6 last Monday texted me saying that it is now shutting off when it stops. It will start right back up but then die again when he stops again. I put a PowerCommander 3 on it like 2 years ago. It only would die on me when I would first leave the house and it would do it once, after that it wouldn't do it. I think it was the tune that is on it. But it never did this to me like he is saying. Not sure what could be wrong with it. He said he put gas in it, premium. So I dont know if it is the gas he got or the tune on the Power Commander.

any other ideas?

03 r6 with 35k miles

Leave a comment:

• coldweatherblue
    replied
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
    Sir... that is clean. What year?
    Thanks, it's a 1977. Had it since 1999.

Leave a comment:

• ak-
    replied
    Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyye.