The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes im whoring a bit, sue me ;)

trip i took this morning out to an old runway in the north-west part of the valley, they run a glider school, which im going to start partaking in very soon ;D

Comment

Just bought my dream bike. Drove 600 miles to get it and rode it 600 miles home

And here's my zx12r

Comment

Update on my cb550

Started like this

currently is this

almost there

Originally posted by LowR3V'in
        It's in the name e30tech not e30offtopic

Comment

Bikes you say?

'05 Yamaha R6 trackbike.

See my build thread in my sig for more!

Comment

Originally posted by emerson. View Post
            Update on my cb550

Started like this

currently is this

almost there
            love it now....wow..I had that bike in grad school...I made it a cafe bike before it was the cool thing in the USA to do.,,,,,......it looks great.
            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Since my bike is starting to look good, here it is!

Comment

Originally posted by JFarhanbod View Post
                Since my bike is starting to look good, here it is!

I had one of these yrs ago....great lil bike.....was a trend setter back then..

yours looks really good......wow...your tubes look like rose gold...purdy..id paint that bike black w/ the rose gold tubes.....

I miss a bike.......but my wifes mom died on the back of one..my bike days are over.
                I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by emerson. View Post
                  currently is this

almost there
                  Looks great. Keep it going. Also, where did you get that seat?

Comment

Originally posted by brianao34 View Post
                    Looks great. Keep it going. Also, where did you get that seat?
                    The seat is from dime city customs... I tried making my own seat once before but got annoyed with it. So decided I should probably buy one this time

Originally posted by LowR3V'in
                    It's in the name e30tech not e30offtopic

Comment

Originally posted by travish325 View Post
                      Just bought my dream bike. Drove 600 miles to get it and rode it 600 miles home

Very nice, I have the same bike but in the Motorsports theme. I dont know if you have thought about it or not but Bren has his ECU flashes on sale for these bikes. You think its fun now, get an exhaust and the Bren tune and that bike wakes up. Very good taste in bikes!
                      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I've got a couple. Goddamn E30 keeps eating my track budget though.

Had a 675... blew it up at a trackday so it got an 09 motor.

Sold it looking like this:

Bought a GSXR750, crashed it at a trackday

Looks like this now

Also got a ratted out 2000 R1 that I built from a box of parts.

Fuck that evil bike.
                        91 318is - Gone
                        16 VW GTI
                        07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

Originally posted by RedReplicant View Post
                          I've got a couple. Goddamn E30 keeps eating my track budget though.

Had a 675... blew it up at a trackday so it got an 09 motor.
                          saw your in AZ, that out at the xcel track days? im planning on building a race bike sometime here soon and will be hitting that up

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post
                            saw your in AZ, that out at the xcel track days? im planning on building a race bike sometime here soon and will be hitting that up
                            Yup. Next XCEL day is the 21st of September, I'll be there in A group on the GSXR with it fightered out. Shitty part about AMP is the stock exhaust / sound tested exhaust requirement but other than that it's a beautiful track compared to Firebird.

I ran the night trackday with Desert Road Racing at Bondurant test track a couple of months ago... pretty damn cool but the shadows play tricks.
                            91 318is - Gone
                            16 VW GTI
                            07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

Originally posted by RedReplicant View Post
                              Yup. Next XCEL day is the 21st of September, I'll be there in A group on the GSXR with it fightered out. Shitty part about AMP is the stock exhaust / sound tested exhaust requirement but other than that it's a beautiful track compared to Firebird.

I ran the night trackday with Desert Road Racing at Bondurant test track a couple of months ago... pretty damn cool but the shadows play tricks.
                              yea the sound restrictions are the only thing thats a bummer, apparently the jets from Luke don't bother people but motorcycles do? lol who knows

like i said im keeping my eyes out for a 600 in rough shape that i can convert strictly to a track bike, I wont be taking my Repsol on the track, too pretty ;) im looking for either an R6, CBR or maybe an SV650, i hear those are killer track bikes and have a plentiful/cheap after market to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post
                                yea the sound restrictions are the only thing thats a bummer, apparently the jets from Luke don't bother people but motorcycles do? lol who knows

like i said im keeping my eyes out for a 600 in rough shape that i can convert strictly to a track bike, I wont be taking my Repsol on the track, too pretty ;) im looking for either an R6, CBR or maybe an SV650, i hear those are killer track bikes and have a plentiful/cheap after market to them.
                                Lol, it's the fuckin' golf course next door. Can fight a track but you can't fight the damn airforce.

If you're new to the track stick with a damn 2nd gen SV - can't rely on power so you learn corner speed and the lines... then when you start out riding the stock shit you can drop money on a Penske rear and a GSXR front end for cheap. i4s eat tires too.

03/04 R6 is beastly and can still run with the 06+ bikes in good hands.

CBRs are alright... Really can't go wrong either way though.

Drop me a PM if you register for a day.
                                91 318is - Gone
                                16 VW GTI
                                07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

Working...
                                X