The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
    Perfect day today. 75 and sunny . Rode mine over to a local show. It was 99% cars but they had a small corral for bikes. Not too many nice days left to ride

Made me drool.

Comment

I had a 99 roadstar for a year or so, was a fixer upper that I never finished and sold at a loss :/ story of my life. I really need to get back on a bike, the M1 license is just sitting there doing nothing, gotta make that donor sticker mean something, and ca riding is nearly year round! I was looking at some plated honda xr650r. WANT.

What would be a good old or retro bike that I could get into for less than a grand and tootle around town on?

Comment

Originally posted by Navarone View Post
        I had a 99 roadstar for a year or so, was a fixer upper that I never finished and sold at a loss :/ story of my life. I really need to get back on a bike, the M1 license is just sitting there doing nothing, gotta make that donor sticker mean something, and ca riding is nearly year round! I was looking at some plated honda xr650r. WANT.

What would be a good old or retro bike that I could get into for less than a grand and tootle around town on?
        Surely you are describing a small displacement CB, not that they are very good, but they are exactly what you are asking about.

Comment

Yeah, I've been looking at those and some of the smaller yamahas, but damn they get pricey when totally restored! I'm afraid of getting someone's mistakes and having to dump money into it, but at my price range that's about it :/

Comment

Originally posted by RedReplicant View Post
            I've got a couple. Goddamn E30 keeps eating my track budget though.

Had a 675... blew it up at a trackday so it got an 09 motor.
            I was pitted next to you that day w. the Hypermotard! Tough break but all I remember was everyone talking about how quick you were on track.
            :up:

Comment

Originally posted by j0oftheworld View Post
              I was pitted next to you that day w. the Hypermotard! Tough break but all I remember was everyone talking about how quick you were on track.
              :up:
              Woah, I remember you. :) I think I saw your Hyper on Craigslist? You still have a bike and come to trackdays? I just sold my GSXR and bought a 749 last week... makes me miss the 675 even more, though the 09 motor dropped a valve on the current owner this week. I think that bike is cursed.
              91 318is - Gone
              16 VW GTI
              07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

Just recently got my bike back after doing some slight mods. One of the best bikes I have ridden to date.

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by RedReplicant View Post
                  Woah, I remember you. :) I think I saw your Hyper on Craigslist? You still have a bike and come to trackdays? I just sold my GSXR and bought a 749 last week... makes me miss the 675 even more, though the 09 motor dropped a valve on the current owner this week. I think that bike is cursed.
                  ill be joining you guys soon enough at the trackdays, working on getting a track bike atm, sometimes ill take the repsol over to watch, but shes too pretty for the track :D

Comment

My 81' XS650
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20141029_144117(0).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	7172037
                    And other bikes I like

Name:	10710508_728724170555445_7227440131418714170_o.jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	7172034

Name:	10604072_718002731583052_6614421230969271577_o.jpg
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	7172038

Name:	10517274_725770987517430_5121250671916842514_o.jpg
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	7172035

Name:	10650036_283740958485175_1330914356298392441_n.jpg
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	7172036

The Build:
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                      Just recently got my bike back after doing some slight mods. One of the best bikes I have ridden to date.

Such a cool bike, the shop I used to work got one as a trade in. I sat on it quite a few times, must be one hell of a ride.

Comment

Looking to get my first bike. Would a CBR 600 F4i or RR be OK for a new rider?

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Originally posted by MPLFoster View Post
                          Looking to get my first bike. Would a CBR 600 F4i or RR be OK for a new rider?
                          Have you ridden dirt at all or have any experience on a motorcycle?

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
                            Have you ridden dirt at all or have any experience on a motorcycle?
                            Yup. rode dirt bikes with my buddies in middle-school/high-school. have ridden a few sport bikes but not very far and not very fast. last one was a ninja, not sure of the exact model.

Was hoping to pick one up while the prices drop for the winter and store it till the weather turns around.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Originally posted by MPLFoster View Post
                              Yup. rode dirt bikes with my buddies in middle-school/high-school. have ridden a few sport bikes but not very far and not very fast. last one was a ninja, not sure of the exact model.

Was hoping to pick one up while the prices drop for the winter and store it till the weather turns around.
                              An F4i is a good choice outside of the usual mantra of SV650. One oddity that I haven't ridden, but hear good things about is the Suzuki GSX650F, basically a new Bandit, maybe give it a look.

But the basic rule still applies, plant your butt on the seat before you buy.

Comment

if the batmobile was a scooter...this would be it
                                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X