• Show
Clear All

• Ryan...
    replied
    Originally posted by Melon View Post
    That picture on the wall, lol.

Oh Terry.
    That was my 2018 Secret Santa gift lol

Getting my Screaming Eagle pipes this week, removing the cat, and possibly buying an intake as well.

Got the solo seat installed:

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    That picture on the wall, lol.

Oh Terry.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    Just picked up a 2018 Street Glide. It's my first bagger, absolutely adore this thing.

I still have my dad's old '79 Lowrider that I need to get running, probably a winter project at this point..

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    [ATTACH]124864[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124865[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124866[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124867[/ATTACH]

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    [ATTACH]124862[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124863[/ATTACH]

Leave a comment:

• econti
    replied
    Never realised there was a motorbike thread.

Here's my garbage.
    It's a '94 Ducati 600ss. I can only ride up to 660 due to novice rider laws, so anything faster was out. It had to be a Ducati because I like being a financially unstable idiot. So it was either this, a 400ss which can't go up hills, or a 600 Monster but I don't like how they look.

Candidate was found 4h drive each way from home:

Note the disgusting tri-colour 600ss logo in the seat

Not running due to 2 year old fuel, I rebuilt the carbs, fresh fluids throughout, fired it up and got right down to the task of annoying neighbours.

Put a few thousand km on it like this.
    But as always, the perfectionist itch must be scratched.

So it became this:

And then the frame looked like this:

I then had a jigsaw puzzle to put back together

Only "uprated" parts were some new fork springs.

Few more thousand km on it as pictured.

Yet again however, the itch returned.....

Found the front forks, twin disc setup, front and rear wheel of a 1000ss.
    Bought new Brembo clutch and brake master cyls with external reservoirs (hugely expensive).

Finally got the fairings blocked back and put the stickers on too.

Got it together a few months ago and absolutely loving life. Such a joy to ride. The lighter wheels make a difference, the new front forks are in a different world to the originals, and the braking power, my God....
    Time to get it to the track!

Pictured at a pizza place run by a bike mad Italian. He was so excited he named the new special the "Salami V-twin".
    Mrs 998 then dumped half its coolant on the footpath. Average Italian bike experience

Leave a comment:

• coldweatherblue
    replied
    Changed the oil in my Vstrom today.

my dad brought over my old kx125 a few weeks ago, currently under a tarp beneath the deck. probably needs a top end and a few odds and ends but rode great the last time I had her out (5 years ago). winter project

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Bikes of the past.

Grom, and CB500F.

Method of transport. I do things.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Oh snap!

I have a KTM 950 Adventure. Let me find a pic.
    Last edited by Melon; 11-08-2018, 08:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bikerbill2021
    replied
    Been a while, nice to see this thread bumped back up, might as well contribute!

So I think since the last time I posted I was wrestling with this banshee of mine, and for the life of me just could not get it running right, kept wanting to fall on its face mid range. I exhausted EVERY possible diagnostic angle I could on it, and by the time I thought I narrowed it down, I had dumped too much money into it, and was so pissed I didn't even want to look at it, so I cut ties with it. It's a damn shame I know, and it still beats me up a bit that I didn't stick with it, but that thing was cursed since the day I bought it, could never get it running right. Ill get another one tho, someday!

Its all good tho, as I picked up this bone stock 05 660 Raptor for a hell of a deal to replace the banshee with. Ive always liked the 660, my friend let me borrow his the first time I went to the cinders, so it has a soft spot in my heart, they are great bikes, and had cheap b/c the 700 has replaced it.

Having a quad around is more of a back up bike for friends to ride and for me to hoon around on when Im at the dunes/cinders, as my WR is my main ride and I prefer that over all else. This is a much more friendlier quad then a banshee, so it worked out well. Had to upgrade it of course, opened up the air box, put a full exhaust on it, YFZ shocks on the front and widened the rear, and some other odds and ends, it rips!

Also, kind of non bike related but kind of is, picked me up a pop up truck camper project. Ive wanted one of these for a while, but its hard to find them for mid size trucks that are a good deal, picked this bad boy up for $100! It was everything you would think of when you think of a $100 dollar camper, so I proceeded to completely rebuild it. Not perfect, but it does a pretty good job, and is miles ahead of my tent.

Here the build thread for it if any are interested

Hey everyone, first post on here, and a long one at that, this is a documentation of the past month or so of my life and to the present day of my Skamper 072s rebuild that I picked up for a cool $100, and proceeded to dump much more then that into it. So let me preface this with a bit of a...

Back to bikes, aside from rebuilding the motor on my WR, I picked up an 88 YZ80 to tinker with too. She was in rough shape, but mechanically sound, just about done with it now. Haven't decided if Im going to keep it or not yet, it'd pretty much be on pit bike/camp bike duty just to play around on, but its super loud, kind of twitchy, and very quick, as expected. I have a cheapy Chinese 125 bike I picked up for 40 bucks which is quieter and a bit mellower, but it lacks in the quality/reliability category, so we'll see.

And finally, a garage shot, I think the last time I posted was before I moved to my new place, so Ive got a bit more garage room that I've promptly filled with toys lol. Bikes are prepped for the dunes, first trip next weekend!

Until next time!

Leave a comment:

• tim88325is
    replied
    Oh yeah, looks awesome!!

Leave a comment:

• Nader393
    replied
    Not quite its intended purpose. Looks goofy, but sooo much fun. 250 lbs, almost 60 hp, sticky tires, squishy suspension, thumper torque. It's like taking a Group B rally car, set up for tarmac stages, to a DTM race. If I were a better rider, I'd destroy the open singles class with this bike. I've only taken a third place trophy so far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0544.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	7198217

Leave a comment:

• Nader393
    replied
    This is my '06 KTM 560 SMR, factory-built supermoto race bike. I put in an Ohlins shock with an RCS titanium spring. Original shock/spring was 5,171 grams (more than the scale's 5 Kg limit). The weight savings equates to about two good bulky bowel movements.

Name:	IMG_3152 (1).jpg
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	7198212

Name:	IMG_3559.jpg
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	7198213

Name:	IMG_3558.jpg
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	7198216

Name:	IMG_3582.jpg
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	7198214

Name:	IMG_3583.jpg
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	7198215

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    so my mini-ninja wasn't stock when i got it; had rear sets, grip pads on the tank, and a windshield for a taller rider and i was happy with those so i left them alone.

my first round of mods got finished today:
    - 1lb lithium battery
    - rear set delete
    - undertail from hotbodies to get rid of all the ugly DOT lighting
    - license plate relocate
    - shorty slip-on from danmoto

should be about 20lbs (5% of the total weight) off the bike, and a lot of it fairly high up. didn't think i'd notice much difference but it's there. it also sets off car alarms and does that delicious pop/crackle when you drop throttle and grab clutch.

Leave a comment:

• gr8skyr
    replied
    new amp for my zx7r

Finally upgraded my amplifier on my 1997 ZX7R. Now I can hear it at speed :)

DS from top.pdf

Name:	DS candy .jpg
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	7197587DS from top.pdf

Name:	zx7r sunset mq.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	7197588