The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tim88325is View Post
    I prefer the Yamaha XSR900, nice blend of classic looks, power, and features...
    verrrrry cool bike, especially in the retro/anniversary colors. I really like this one with the added belly pan and nose fairing, like a modern throw back to the RZ350s, albeit no where near as cool as the old 2T RZs, but still pretty neat

Ive also been digging the XJR 1300s when done up, def that 80s jap muscle bike style

Again, I love my Repsol, and Honda in general, they are a close 2nd in bikes and cars to me to BMW/Yamaha, but I am king fan boy when it comes to Yamaha ;D

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
      What do you guys think of the fz10?
      My friend just got one!
      I think Downz said it best, just as my friend did (who had a 2016 R6 previously), they are pretty much comfortable R6/R1's.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Awesome.

My dream. I am looking at either a G650gs or a Rally RAID converted Honda cb500x.

Are you going to grab a new crf1000l Africa Twin?

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
        1996 Honda Africa Twin on the left and 1988 Honda Africa Twin on the right.

The 1988 is now restored. Will do the same with the 1996 this winter. Both bikes took me thru amazing roadtrips thru Europe, North Africa and the Balkans.

Originally posted by codyep3
        I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
        2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
        1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
        1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
        2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
        2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
        2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
        2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
        2010 F650gs twin
        2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

[QUOTE=Downz;4741607]verrrrry cool bike, especially in the retro/anniversary colors. I really like this one with the added belly pan and nose fairing, like a modern throw back to the RZ350s, albeit no where near as cool as the old 2T RZs, but still pretty neat

Wow, that XSR is awesome, looks like it is twin 700 which I think only Europe got, not the 900 3-cylinder. These are basically one of the very few new bikes I would buy, I would actually prefer a 700 3-cylinder, I like smaller, higher revving engines.

I am currently obsessed with 1984-1986 Honda Nighthawk CB700SCs. I have three now, one runner, one project, and one parts bike I am using to test a rebuilt engine I just replaced the starter chain in.

not mine, for reference...

Last edited by tim88325is; 01-28-2017, 04:19 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=tim88325is;4741653]
            Originally posted by Downz View Post
            Killer! Ive always liked those early 80s jap bikes with the minimal plastics on them, I'm quite partial to the orig Katana myself, and its upgraded 1135 Yoshi cousin

I dont even know why Im drawn to it, as it really is an odd looking bike, but they just look so tough!

Comment

Yamaha XSR900 is a pimp bike!
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd
              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by tim88325is View Post
                I had one. Black and blue with the silver script. 750cc Canadian edition.
                Loved it. I toured the US with it in 1987. Then got a Hurricane 1000, which was kinda commercial flop for Honda. They had a warehouse full of them for years. Then bought a first year (1990 ?) Honda CBR1000F. With Captain America livery.

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Killer! Ive always liked those early 80s jap bikes with the minimal plastics on them, I'm quite partial to the orig Katana myself, and its upgraded 1135 Yoshi cousin
                  I had one. Black and blue with the silver script. 750cc Canadian edition.
                  They really are cool, great balance of power, handling, brakes, riding position, etc. I am not sure why Honda currently doesn't offer something similar. Their CB1100 is big and conservative, others in the sport range are either have full plastics or are 300-500 twins kinda aimed at the lower or entry market.

I would like to see more inline 4 cylinders in the 600 to 750 range, basically a modern Nighthawk. The SV650 and FZ6 seemed popular enough based on the market and magazine reviews so...?

I would even be really interested in the Asian market CB400F, high revving 400cc inline 4 for Japan and AUS.

Hit the track, the road or leave the tarmac behind on a purpose-built Honda Motorcycle. Fuel efficiency, style and reliability is standard!

or this with a less ugly front fairing...

Carve the streets with attitude, presence and all-round versatility on a Honda Motorcycle. Slip through city traffic with ease, or hit the open road. Stand out, be bold and enjoy the ride.

Comment

I wish the big four could make something along the lines of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post

I've always heard good things about that gen 1000F, plus its a great looking bike, kind of reminds me of an air liner in a good way, how did you like yours?

On/off topic, went riding all weekend and went to supercross, tons of fun, sadly the WR is not too happy, fork seals gave out on one of the shocks, and its pissing fuel, float doesnt appear to be sticking, so gotta tear it apart again :(. Oh well, such as life

Comment

Good idea/bad idea for a street fighter-ish bike?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details....dId=1233213305

2000 ZX7
                        Price $1000
                        Engine Displacement (cc) 750
                        Kilometers 20,000
                        Year 2000

Got a 2000 zx7 ninja runs perfect. Bike was dropped needs some work. Can be fix. Frame not bent. Has papers. for pictures and more info text or call 9022213216 need gone asap ! Thanks.
                        Edit: forgot to post the other ad:
                        2000 zx7r was in a small accident . Frame its straight . No bent forks. Starts right up no problem. Was going to fix it but have no time. Needs front tire and rim and a few other small odds and ends. Nothing serious. Has papers. Looking for 1400$ obo or trade for cars trucks or other bikes or atvs . Message for pictures thanks
                        Last edited by Northern; 01-31-2017, 10:35 AM.
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Eh. not my style. I would pass. But if it's what you're into.

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post
                            I've always heard good things about that gen 1000F, plus its a great looking bike, kind of reminds me of an air liner in a good way, how did you like yours?
                            The best bike I've ever owned. Great Sport Tourer. Could ride all day long and still feel fresh at the end.
                            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                              Eh. not my style. I would pass. But if it's what you're into.

Looks pretty mean IMO. The tank looks really oversized, but for some reason I really like it.
                              I know I couldn't build one this nice, but I'd like to head in this direction.
                              Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Anyone here ride a v-rod? Wish there was a better way to package that engine because its a blast, beside the gear ratio.

Comment

Working...
                                X