New school versus Old school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New school versus Old school

Who here thinks that they are OG. Who sees themselves as the young blood R3V generation?

Who is hotter? Which will shine best through the end of '05?

Discuss.

I'm OG fa sho.
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

Vapor Honing & E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueabs.com/

Comment

Are you talking in terms of who's car?

Just wait a few weeks until I post before and after shots of my car. I'll be shockin y'all. :D

As far as OG, been around since the days of BEN, through the rise and fall of E3S, and a member since the birth of R3V. I've see the birth and destruction of amazing cars including my own, mourned the deaths of one too many E30 owners from accidents and illness, and made more than my fair share of great friends along the way.

I've been around a while, and gone from being a n00b to what I like to think of as a pretty knowledgable, contributing member to the E30 community. I've owned 3, including the one I bought for my wife, swapped 2 engines, parted out 3 cars, done countless hours of repairs and mods, and written several tech articles featured on several sites used by dozens of people.

I've driven hundreds of miles round trip to Washington for the PNW E30 Picnic 2 years in a row, watched as members from across a state came together to help Jordan when he needed it most, and seen the real caring of members of this community when ClavinZERO wrecked his car in another state hundreds of miles from home.

Don't know how important all that is. But it means something to me, and it's a part of my life.

Comment

Aye...I remember the day I discovered BEN and dtmpower.....man that was the shit back in the day. I remember seeing Mariano's car and wanting to get his bodykit lol. Hell i remember when m50 swaps where rare...strokers where uncommon and turbo was unheard of. We have come a long ways in a short time.

Comment

Josh, not car-related really. Just who is the new-generation on R3V. The young guns. And who have been on the block for a long time.

I just noticed how there were some old cranky voices I keep hearing, and I definately know I'm new school. Damn straight :twisted: You might have had a head start, but we're nuts.

If it could be broken down into groups.....hmmm:
          Old School (OG)
          New School (Young Guns)
          total n00bs
          Externals

those brand new aren't old enough to be in a school, or a 'generation' of R3V. And those lurking, too busy to post a lot and waste their time, or etc etc, are outside the schools.

Now which is betta?

And I think it doesn't have to necessarily who has been around the longest, but people can 'fit' into a certain school if it is so appriopriate. i.e. Maybach may be a recent addition, but definately bats for the Old School clique.

Comment

dont be hatin, u know i be da real OG

original gangsta mutha fucka
            98 M3/4/5

Comment

One of you is confused then. You both joined same day, one of you has greater # posts, and one is old and one is new. Who is what and which is who?

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

I have been around for a bit..

I cant for the life of me remeber how I found e30sport..

I know I was on DTM first.. then max.. then e3s

Sold it.

Comment

I think I'm somewhere between the old and the new. Middle-aged school?
                  Started out on unofficial back like 4 years ago when I had my '86 325e, then went to e30sport, then here.
                  '91 318is
                  sigpic

Comment

Been around e30 forums since '02. BEN, e3s, r3v.

Probably misinformed now just as much as before.
                    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

i dont know where exactly i stand, but i was around for the old forums. i think i've come a long way, 1987 eta to an 88 euro spec touring. The 87 eta is getting an i motor asap also
                      Originally posted by blunt
                      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Even though I dont post HERE much. I consider myself to be pretty OG.
                        This summer, will be my 4th year with my current E30.

Ive seen a lot of guys come and go, and always enjoy learning new things about these cars.

On DTM, Im member #110. Hows that for OG? 49,728 members now.

Been there through the rise and fall, back when you had to pay for a lot of it, and there was no free E30 place, except for ben, and then E3S.

That was when TJ ruled the world. ;)
                        Good thread.

Comment

OG for me?

Too bad my car has had to wait this long to finally train the owner to waste money. Soon, soon.

Comment

I'm a young gun and I suck, I have a lot to learn. :P

Comment

I've been around since Jordan was ruling E3S... and on unofficial for a bit before that. I guess it's been around 3 years or so...
                              Originally posted by Gruelius
                              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Working...
                              X