Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally going to buy a flashlight, or two. What are you guys using or recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally going to buy a flashlight, or two. What are you guys using or recommend?

I'm not really trying to spend more than $25. What's the biggest bang for my buck? I just need to be able to point, not necessarily hang it on anything or set it in any certain position.

Thought this was about something else, and was prepared to laugh.
    Moving along..

Comment

I thought it said fleshlight at first. haha.
      see how much the magnum flashlights are, those things are indesctructable.

Comment

I'm a Streamlight guy. I have a large Stinger (Too pricey for your request), and then carry a Streamlight StylusPRO(too small for your request) in my pocket for day to day use.

$25 ain't enough price for a good flashilght thread, so I'll leave this here.

Maglite® - 45+ years of designing and manufacturing America’s best flashlights and accessories. Innovation includes: patented Heat-Sink LED technology, fast-charging rechargeable flashlights, Quick-click tail-cap mode selection, programmable, multiple-functions and long run-times. Durable, Functional, & Long-lasting!

Comment

Surefire just released a couple of lights that will output 200 lumen. You can get the single-stage one that only does 200 for $70 or you can get the dual-stage that does 15/200 selectable for $80. Model is the 6px Pro and it has an all aluminum body. The light I use day to day is the E2L outdoorsman, but that's way above your price range.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
          Originally posted by slammin.e28
          Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

There's also the G2X and G2X pro, which have the same output in a nitrolon polymer body with an aluminum head. they're a little cheaper. the G2X pro dual-stage is $65ish

Moral of this story?

Comment

Good old fashioned Maglight.

Comment

streamlight wins

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                Ig:ryno_pzk
                I like the tuna here.
                Originally posted by lambo
                Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Yea unless you're a cop or navy seal, surefire is way too expensive if all you're doing is poking around an engine bay.

Maglites have lasted me years and most of mine do not have the paint on them. Maglites used to be over rated and now they are under rated.
                  Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Get something with magnets. There's nothing worse than a d00d blowing his maglite.

Comment

flashlights are like sunglasses to me, I lose them and/or they get picked up etc.. That's the main reason, I'm limiting myself to around $25-$30. I'll prob just get a Maglite. They had the a package with the mid sized (although huge, compared with the current designs) and their mini for $23 at Academy..

EDIT: actually just found a Coleman's 115 lumen for $24. That sounds like a damn good deal compared to $65 for the above mentioned 200 lumen flash light..

* Lifetime LED Bulb - Never needs to be replaced
                      * 115 lumens
                      * Lightweight and Durable Aerospace Grade Aluminum Body
                      * Run time: two hours
                      * Beam distance: 64m
                      * Weather-resistant
                      * Requires 2 "CR2 Lithium Cell" batteries (included)

Comment

The only thing I like from Surefire is their pen. But not for 129 dollars.
                        Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
                          Yea unless you're a cop or navy seal, surefire is way too expensive if all you're doing is poking around an engine bay.
                          They just released a line of "budget" lights with 200 lumen output. the cheapest one is like $55.

Moral of this story?

Comment

Fleshlight® Official Store. Fleshlight® is the #1 Male Sex Toy in the World.

Comment

Streamlight 4aa, you can find them for about 30 bucks, there awesome I have 2. Whatever you do don't buy there penlight.

Comment

Working...
                              X