No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Jafxod; 05-04-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

^ I approve

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
        ^ I approve
        Appreciated man. Here's some more eye candy.

Comment

Approved again

I need to get out and take some shots. Im waiting for a nice day to shoot my car

Comment

Also what aperture, etc you at?

Comment

Originally posted by Jafxod View Post
              Appreciated man. Here's some more eye candy.

she is gorgeous you're one lucky dude!
              Originally posted by bmwm42
              PNW vulture pm me for parts
              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Also what aperture, etc you at?
                Well I only shoot primes and only so I can shoot wide open. These were all with either my 85 1.4 or my 35 1.8, you should be able to tell the difference. Prolly around iso 100 or 200 and in Aperture priority unless the light was tricky.

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                she is gorgeous you're one lucky dude!
                Haha shes just a friend for now. Photography gives me lots of awesome opportunities to meet some beautiful and awesome girls.

Heres some more

Comment

Great bokah too, but none of us are looking at that

Comment

Great bokah too, but none of us are looking at that
                    bokEh, and i'm looking at it. i'm not gay, but i do get a boner looking at bokeh from an 85 1.4 lens.

and jafxod (wtf does that mean anyway?), that set you just posted doesn't live up to your other work. i don't know if it's the setting or the girl or your technique (her face looks pretty OOF in the very first photo) or your editing (colors seem off) or her fake tanned skin, but it's not the same.

the photos of kerry are a ton better.

hopefully that helps, haha.
                    http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
                      i know, i'm not so sure the girl is even in the band. she looks lost.

sorry to hear (again). here's your change to switch to nikon ;)
                      I thought you shot canon. I guess not.

Comment

Jafxod.

On the first set (the tan girl)I think you should have her look at the camera. I mean Eyes are the #1 priority to me, she looks to have nice eyes but we the viewer will never know, do you have any head shots?

The last black and white ones Daniel had were amazing!

Comment

Two great lenses for the portrait work. Yeah the focus is good and the subjects are good but I'd work on not centering your subject and playing with post to generate some more pop. I say this because it's something I just keep working on but can't get right and I totally envy your opportunity to shoot these subjects and get practice. Do you have tips for shooting girls and finding girls to shoot? There are a lot around (university campus) but I don't just want to say hey "want me to take your picture?" to girls I don't know too well, or really girls I do know well.

I really want to get more into portraiture, here is a snap of a buddy:
                          Originally posted by z31maniac
                          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                            Two great lenses for the portrait work. Yeah the focus is good and the subjects are good but I'd work on not centering your subject and playing with post to generate some more pop. I say this because it's something I just keep working on but can't get right and I totally envy your opportunity to shoot these subjects and get practice. Do you have tips for shooting girls and finding girls to shoot? There are a lot around (university campus) but I don't just want to say hey "want me to take your picture?" to girls I don't know too well, or really girls I do know well.

I really want to get more into portraiture, here is a snap of a buddy:
                            I love cloud cover it's like a giant umbrella flash!

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier View Post
                              I thought you shot canon. I guess not.
                              You asked me like a month ago on fbook what i shot with - currently the Nikon D300S. Canon can suck it :razz:

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                              Do you have tips for shooting girls and finding girls to shoot? There are a lot around (university campus) but I don't just want to say hey "want me to take your picture?" to girls I don't know too well, or really girls I do know well.
                              Make more pretty girl friends, or do exactly what you said. It's not like you're some creepy old dude asking for noodz, you can just ask them if they'd ever like to do a quick fun modeling photoshoot with you and you'll give them the photos. Who knows, you might even make a new friend or get to dance with some beezies.

Or you could even go on modelmayhem and make an account and search for people who are actively looking to do TFP photoshoots.
                              ---------
                              addendum so as to not double post:

this is my favorite from my most recent shoot
                              Last edited by daniel; 05-05-2011, 12:40 AM.
                              http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
                                bokEh, and i'm looking at it. i'm not gay, but i do get a boner looking at bokeh from an 85 1.4 lens.

and jafxod (wtf does that mean anyway?), that set you just posted doesn't live up to your other work. i don't know if it's the setting or the girl or your technique (her face looks pretty OOF in the very first photo) or your editing (colors seem off) or her fake tanned skin, but it's not the same.

the photos of kerry are a ton better.

hopefully that helps, haha.
                                Its my complete initials.

I take most of the blame for the weak shots. Its a long story but I was planning no spending an hour or so with just her before sunset, but there ended up being 4 other girls there who all wanted pictures so I rushed real hard to make everyone happy before the sun set. Yeah her face is a lil oof but I really liked that pose.

This is her second time EVER infront of a camera so you guys know how that is. From my experiance it takes 3-5 shots before a girl is completly comfortable and doesnt hold anything back. Oh well shes begging for me to take her back to this location, and she told me she wants to go alone with just me this time ;)

But thanks for the input Mr. Sloan

Comment

Working...
                                X