New Ford F150 ecoboost torture test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ford F150 ecoboost torture test

My friend just sent me a link to this and I think it's pretty interesting, especially with the glowing parts (it's so pwetty). Supposedly the new F150 ecoboost is the best truck in its class and the video seems very convincing. What do you think?

Really impressed by that. Probably the best all-around 1500 motor out there--until GM releases that 4.5 TDI they've been keeping under wraps that is.
    sigpic
    -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Originally posted by priapism View Post
      Really impressed by that. Probably the best all-around 1500 motor out there--until GM releases that 4.5 TDI they've been keeping under wraps that is.
      Not going to happen. GOVT hates Diesel and that was one of the 1st things that they killed off while under govt control was that 4.5l DOHC reverse flow Duramax sad too as I have a standing order with my local GMC dealer for a Loaded out LTZ Yukon if they ever release one with a good diesel in it.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Pretty cool tests. Can't really call them unbiased test bc its done by Ford, but bad ass none the less. I wonder how long it would take an m20 to implode on that engine dyno?
        TWELVE HAMMERS

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          Not going to happen. GOVT hates Diesel and that was one of the 1st things that they killed off while under govt control was that 4.5l DOHC reverse flow Duramax sad too as I have a standing order with my local GMC dealer for a Loaded out LTZ Yukon if they ever release one with a good diesel in it.
          Yeah, it was killed well before the gov't became a shareholder.
          sigpic
          -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Originally posted by priapism View Post
            Yeah, it was killed well before the gov't became a shareholder.
            Not really even with GM hurting it was still slated for 2011-2012 in service date and the towanda NY engine plant was tooling up to build it. Was to be an OPTION engine anywhere the current 5.3 fits now, so cars suvs and trucks would all be options for it

Really the govt is what killed it for good or at least in-defiantly and really pushed the volt though as thats where the agenda goes not to useful powerful and efficient vehicle that WOULD FUCKING SELL LIKE NUDES of Hanna Montana in a middle school. Oh not to mention you could do something with it.
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

So sad that GM and Cummins came up with mid-displacement diesels perfect for 1/2 ton trucks and SUV's that will never be. Just think of a truck that could tow as much as my 5.9 and still get close to 30 mpg...

Word in the diesel mags I read to is OEM's were reluctant to release diesel 1/2 ton's as well as they would hurt the 3/4 and 1 ton sales which they profit more on.

I know for sure I'd buy one of the 1/2 ton diesels if it ever came out...

Comment

Originally posted by brianpgriset View Post
                So sad that GM and Cummins came up with mid-displacement diesels perfect for 1/2 ton trucks and SUV's that will never be. Just think of a truck that could tow as much as my 5.9 and still get close to 30 mpg...

Word in the diesel mags I read to is OEM's were reluctant to release diesel 1/2 ton's as well as they would hurt the 3/4 and 1 ton sales which they profit more on.

I know for sure I'd buy one of the 1/2 ton diesels if it ever came out...
                this was part of it, but the real reason is the CARB laws in CA which is why you only have seen diesel in 3/4 ton and up since 96 and similar from the feds that were on the pipe along with the uncertain CAFE standards

William Pitt-

Comment

I love every single new ford vehicle. They are making huge changes for the better and the ecoboost is by far the best motor you can have in a 1500. New 5.0 mustangs competing with m3s around the track. And I can't wait to see the 4cyl ecoboosts in focuses. Although I would like to see it more in the fiesta. Ford is by far the best american car manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince30 View Post
                    I love every single new ford vehicle. They are making huge changes for the better and the ecoboost is by far the best motor you can have in a 1500. New 5.0 mustangs competing with m3s around the track. And I can't wait to see the 4cyl ecoboosts in focuses. Although I would like to see it more in the fiesta. Ford is by far the best american car manufacturer.
                    ecco boost turbo V6 when put to work will have a hard time doing the same hard work over the long term as a NA v8 in gas form in a 1/2 ton. You want the power lower in the revs to work with and not eat drivetrains. If I was buying a ford GAS TRUCK it would have a 5.0 or the 6.2 just for the shear low end torque. That said it wont matter what engine you have in it, if you are moving 10k lbs its going to take the same amount of energy to move the load. That will = the same amount of fuel burned to go the same distance so its a moot point if you run around loaded all the time.

Ummm 70k Boss mustang runs with 70k M3 whoa I should hope so. standard Stang still gets its ass handed to it by the M3.

Yes ford is making leaps and bounds, I thought a new AWD Taurus would be good for the wife. about 30k for a loaded one.....................NO fucking 45k. I bought her a nice Tahoe instead
                    Last edited by mrsleeve; 05-18-2011, 06:07 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Ummm 70k Boss mustang runs with 70k M3 whoa I should hope so. standard Stang still gets its ass handed to it by the M3.

Yes ford is making leaps and bounds, I thought a new AWD Taurus would be good for the wife. about 30k for a loaded one.....................NO fucking 45k. I bought her a nice Tahoe instead
                      Wrong. Mustang 5.0 ~30k. M3 probably 70kish.

Same 1/4 mile time. Within 1 second around the track.

We head to the race track with professional driver Randy Pobst to see if Ford's reborn Mustang GT can keep up with Bavaria's finest, the BMW M3 Coupe.Read th...

On the costs of the Fords...wow that's pricey. Assuming that all of the engineering and quality going into the new cars is really costing them though. They've had to leap forward.
                      Originally posted by z31maniac
                      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                        Wrong. Mustang 5.0 ~30k. M3 probably 70kish.

Same 1/4 mile time. Within 1 second around the track.

We head to the race track with professional driver Randy Pobst to see if Ford's reborn Mustang GT can keep up with Bavaria's finest, the BMW M3 Coupe.Read th...

On the costs of the Fords...wow that's pricey. Assuming that all of the engineering and quality going into the new cars is really costing them though. They've had to leap forward.
                        yeah its not the standard 5.0 that runs with the M3 its the fucking 70k dollar Boss mustang that does thought we have been over this once before

William Pitt-

Comment

yeah its not the standard 5.0 that runs with the M3 its the fucking 70k dollar Boss mustang that does thought we have been over this once before
                          Didn't watch the video, huh?
                          Originally posted by z31maniac
                          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Doesn't the new mustang still have a solid rear axle?

Comment

Yes

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                              X