New Ford F150 ecoboost torture test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    yeah its not the standard 5.0 that runs with the M3 its the fucking 70k dollar Boss mustang that does thought we have been over this once before

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
    Didn't watch the video, huh?
    pwned

Comment

You must be right, as far internally goes. GM must have been letting the rest of us believe it was still comming for a while after they axed it from the inside. There was still a small hope that it may still be released, even after it was "shelved" and just put on a hold just before the bankruptcy. Govt seemed like the final nail in the coffin after that when it was announced the project was to be abandoned then

A couple of the big Diesel mags and a couple of guys that build the current 6.6 and a few that worked at the Towanda plant that are member's on a GM Diesel forum i belong to. Time line in my head may be a bit off as well, as when all that was going down I think I was working about 90 hours a week
      You're an idiot. Take your foot out of your mouth, and put my cock back in it.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
        You're an idiot. Take your foot out of your mouth, and put my cock back in it.
        hey man I actually OWN a diesel truck and on a few of the OTHER forums I belong too there are extensive threads devoted to that specific engine. Some of the info is speculation some not. What more can I say, you think the engineers know whats going on with their projects before the masses do???
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Sailor37 View Post
          pwned
          We hit Laguna Seca in Ford's track ready beast, the Mustang Boss 302. Just how fast is it around the legendary Northern California track? The results might s...

Will say I was suprised at the standard GT though I was unaware ford got it THAT close. I knew it had been making leaps and bounds but not that good yet. But had read about the Boss more recently thats all
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 05-19-2011, 07:21 AM.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

I was waiting for this to happen ......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUkXriHjQeI&NR=1
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

^

run away diesel thats always neat :)

William Pitt-

Comment

and BRAKES lol I know

On tpoic: I am just not a ford guy, this is a neat idea. Just not real sure how its gonna hold up to the guys that buy the big motor in the striped out truck and use it like a truck on construction sites, ranches and farms
                The 5.4 "workhorse" motor isn't much of a workhorse. 160k kms and they drop cam journals like flys. We have about 200 5.4's and they all do the exact same thing at the same mileage, and they don't see as hard a life as they could (biggest thing they pull is a compressor or light tower).

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

until ford has someone else build their engine's/cars i will never own one. they are a constant money pit, the interior's are cheesy plastic and are just unappealing as well as their quality control. sorry mike rowe, i know you are just collecting a nice check but i couldn't back a turd like ford.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                  That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

My greatest reasons for disliking Ford is their interiors suck, I hate the god damn giant blue oval, and they have no style nor hints of refinement.

Comment

Originally posted by Mullet Bullet View Post
                      until ford has someone else build their engine's/cars i will never own one. they are a constant money pit, the interior's are cheesy plastic and are just unappealing as well as their quality control. sorry mike rowe, i know you are just collecting a nice check but i couldn't back a turd like ford.
                      Originally posted by A Sucked Orange View Post
                      My greatest reasons for disliking Ford is their interiors suck, I hate the god damn giant blue oval, and they have no style nor hints of refinement.
                      Spent any time int he new ones? They are certainly a lot better. Honestly the taurus feels a lot like the accord, but I dont' like either. both are HUGE.
                      Originally posted by z31maniac
                      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince30 View Post
                        I love every single new ford vehicle. They are making huge changes for the better and the ecoboost is by far the best motor you can have in a 1500. New 5.0 mustangs competing with m3s around the track. And I can't wait to see the 4cyl ecoboosts in focuses. Although I would like to see it more in the fiesta. Ford is by far the best american car manufacturer.
                        And they did it all without a government bailout. I used to be such a Chevy guy but not anymore. Ford is really doing a good job of catching up to the Japanese and Germans.

Comment

When that truck is a year or two old, will the turbo or power steering whine be the loudest???

Comment

Originally posted by Mullet Bullet View Post
                            When was the last time you were in a Ford?

Comment

More interested in this: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/19/c...-nissan-titan/
                              1985 BMW 325e
                              1997 BMW M3/4/5
                              2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Originally posted by e30e View Post
                                I want that in a tacoma...
                                Originally posted by z31maniac
                                I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Working...
                                X