Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 concept bike build, my Honours year Industrial Design project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheers guys! The Mock engine will probably be mostly made of machined MDF and laser cut aluminium.. Not entirely sure yet, but I will be making it, not using an engine from something else.

Ok another update.. still from a few weeks ago but im getting there :p
    the photos may be a little out of order but I'll try and keep them in line...
    However the model itself goes forwards and backwards alot... try something.. dont like it... try something else.. meh.. go back to before, try something new again etc etc.. you get the idea

Ok so first time hitting the armature didn't take long!

..aaaannd again. Cut/dig/chisle out as much as you can and clay it back up. Better to be making a mess now than when your doing your final surfaces..

Claying in the stem

Mocked up wheel bas with seat blocked in and new feature tying the stem to the tank

Ditched the chamfer and accelerated a few lines to speed up the dynamic. Parallel lines (generally) = bad. Also playing with having a split seat.. Trying to make it a little less retro and generic..

Last edited by JamesE30; 08-24-2011, 08:53 AM.

R.H.D
    M-technic I club

Comment

Dropped the seat alot

more..

Much more!.. (Partly thanks to your observation Ged)

Much better! now to make it look good..

I know it looks like my bench is buckling under the weight (approx 60+kg of clay now) but it's just the shitty lens on my camera!

R.H.D
      M-technic I club

Comment

Seat clayed back up

Working on shut lines for the seat

Shaping plan view

refined seat support

Pretty happy with how it's looking at this stage, still a long way to go though, and still needing work on tweaking proportions.

This brings us to about 5 days ago..

R.H.D
        M-technic I club

Comment

Love the headlight!
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
            Love the headlight!
            Hahaha

R.H.D
            M-technic I club

Comment

what an awesome project! Thank you for sharing!
              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Awesome James, it is looking fantastic!!!
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
                first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

got my attention, look forward to more progress

Comment

R.H.D
                    M-technic I club

Comment

Lengthened wheel base and extended the seat cowling to lengthen the bike visually and help with proportions

Also clayed in the chin spoiler. Adding to the dynamic of the bike by pulling the lower graphic forwards

Trying different things with the seat/cowling to make it less on an eye saw

R.H.D
                      M-technic I club

Comment

This is wicked cool, thanks for sharing with us!

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

You're making me wish I majored in industrial design instead of graphic design. This project is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post
                            Holden (GM) actually has a very impressive clay modelling studio here in melbourne, as does ford. Our uni has connections with GM, and I know several industry people who have been very helpful with my project so far, but you guessed it, there are very few jobs available each year, possibly only 1 if any. Really just depends on what's available and how well my work competes against other job seekers.

Several Grads of Monash have gone to work overseas, One of my friends has landed a job in California clay modelling for VW, and another for Opel in Germany. I'd love to work overseas (part of the reason I'm perusing clay modelling), just depends what's out there for me.

What discipline of design did you study? Are you working in industry now?
                            Cheers

That's really interesting, should of guessed Holden would have something there.

I studied Auto Design specifically, the highlight of which was spending some time at Pininfarina. Right now I'm back at school studying Mechanical Engineering to balance out the design background.

Do your resume/portfolio handy?

Really nice updates by the way, the extension of the seat cowling made a big difference! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished bike.
                            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                              That's really interesting, should of guessed Holden would have something there.

I studied Auto Design specifically, the highlight of which was spending some time at Pininfarina. Right now I'm back at school studying Mechanical Engineering to balance out the design background.

Do your resume/portfolio handy?

Really nice updates by the way, the extension of the seat cowling made a big difference! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished bike.
                              Thanks man! Pininfarina, wow that would have been pretty amazing. I don't actually have an up to date folio at the moment. Im working on a new one now for the end of the year, I'll send you a copy as it develops if you don't mind sharing some feedback. Cheers mate

Here's a shot from 2 minutes ago. Trying to make the design a little more dynamic and less generic. Geting the top piece working in synergy with the rest of the design. It was a little too segregated before, especially from top/rear view. Just trying different things..

Should be here working on it for the next 6-7hrs. Getting cloud scanned on thursday next week so need at least one side done by then!

R.H.D
                              M-technic I club

Comment

Heres a pic for the sake of uploading a pic!

R.H.D
                                M-technic I club

Comment

Working...
                                X