This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

Alright I need help guys! I need to know if any of you know what kind of motors can be swapped into a 1998 Kia sportage? I know I'm a noobie but please help me out! This is my mothers car not mine and she can use a new motor in her car. Soooo please help me out guys! From one e30 owner to another
    sigpic

I would imagine only another a Kia motor. I know Hyundai owns Kia now so maybe one of theirs as well.

Comment

Yeah but we don't what ones, we were thinking the v6 out of a sonata but we w
      Are trying to figure out what other car companies will fit in the car because it looks like a 5mge or 22re Toyota motors will work but we aren't sure
      sigpic

Comment

But it looks like the spectras motor will fit in it because it appears to be the same motor but the spectra is FWD sooo it won't work??
        sigpic

Comment

Why???

Comment

okay. first off you need to search for engines that are compatible by engine code.

Most engines that are fwd configured can be mounted in different chassis provided the right accessories and mounts are used.

kia is mainly a FWD manufacturer so your dealing with several fwd engines only some of which can be found in rwd or awd applications.

ps op. im pissed at you for not using my sig. blow me. jk love dj

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
            Ig:ryno_pzk
            I like the tuna here.
            Originally posted by lambo
            Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Buttchug that sig was funny as hell and I would use but i don't know how! Hahaha and yeah I'm done searching codes because it's a pain and my parents can't afford a new car so we have to work on my mothers car and it's a beeotch trying to find motors that will work with this damn car :\
              sigpic

Comment

Join a KIA forum and ask them...?

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

all you do is quote my post and copy paste the link into your signature.

anyways the best cheapest way to get this car back running is to swap in the same motor

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                  Ig:ryno_pzk
                  I like the tuna here.
                  Originally posted by lambo
                  Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Abesonic every damn Kia forum no one has responded -___- that's why I asked you guys
                    Buttchug alright I'll do that and use your sig if I can find it! Hahaha and actually it cost a lot for the motor for this damn car! I'm telling my parents to just buy a e34! Haha
                    sigpic

Comment

actually, you can put an engine from a Ford Fiesta. It's the same body and engine.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                      ---------------------------------
                      89 E30 S52
                      ---------------------------------
                      Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Really? Any mods to be done? Because I need to make this as cheap as possible
                        sigpic

Comment

What's wrong with the current engine? Why not just pull it and rebuild it or fix what's wrong? An engine from a fwd car should still work as long as the head and block are the same, and swap mounts, accessories as needed.
                          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                          Originally posted by mbonanni
                          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

It's completely shot I mean I don't think it would be worth the rebuild because it barely drives and accelerates it's practically dead but it may just need a rebuild
                            sigpic

Comment

Ls1s are cheap now a days.

Comment

Working...
                              X