Arizona/Nevada/Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arizona/Nevada/Texas

Im buying another house and have narrowed it down to these 3 states. I just cant do anymore winters. I can work from anywhere so i will go back and forth from Gods Country. The market is shit right now and housing is in the toilet so I think its a good time. My budget is 350k give or take but Id like to stay at 300k if possible. I need a pool and a large garage. other than that Im not too fussy except my wife wants a 1 level home. And I dont want to be in the city. Near the city is fine but i like quiet .. I like Texas for tax purposes but i think i can get a lot more house in Nevada.. Not sure what housing is like in Arizona. Any of you guys who live in these states recommend a nice area with as few flat brimmed baggypants as possible???
    Im just starting to look and I will likely rent it out for a year or 2 before actually moving. Basically Im looking to take advantage of some poor bastard losing his or her house
    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Move to the Okanagan valley area of BC. Specifically somewhere between Kelowna and the US border.

Beautiful area, you get four seasons. Coldest it gets is around -15C in the winter, and the hottest it gets is around 37C in the summer.

Comment

Oregon, Steve! Oregon!

Comment

just curious. where is "gods country"?
        Originally posted by HarryPotter
        not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
        Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Originally posted by Eecen View Post
          Move to the Okanagan valley area of BC. Specifically somewhere between Kelowna and the US border.

Beautiful area, you get four seasons. Coldest it gets is around -15C in the winter, and the hottest it gets is around 37C in the summer.
          Also it barely snows here in the winter. We are a semi-aired desert...it also barely rains in the summer.

I <3 where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by Eecen View Post

But I dont want 4 seasons. I have that here. I love summers here. I just want to leave for the winter. Ill keep the compound here and go back and forth. I know BC is gorgeous though. So is Bend Oregon. But i dont think housing is as distressed in those areas. I just want to be warm and not shovel or plow anymore. I want a place I can bring all my cars and drive the shit out of them

sales@blunttech.com
            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

My 400k house has lost 80% of it's value. Tax appraisal value is currently 111k. I am fine with that seeing as I am not selling and it means I pay less in taxes.

That value was new in 2005 before the pool and landscaping went in. Similar houses are going for 120k currently.

If you can stand the summers (been over 110 and not under 95 for months)

I am outside Phoenix.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Yeah, you'll be shoveling snow in Bend. Oh whale.

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                  My 400k house has lost 80% of it's value. Tax appraisal value is currently 111k. I am fine with that seeing as I am not selling and it means I pay less in taxes.

That value was new in 2005 before the pool and landscaping went in. Similar houses are going for 120k currently.

If you can stand the summers (been over 110 and not under 95 for months)

I am outside Phoenix.
                  Thats what Im talking about Parker. I bet i can get a lot of house for 300k right?? My plan is the same as yours Buy it, Ride it out and capitalize

sales@blunttech.com
                  www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Ours was a foreclosure (they are all over) we paid cash, 160k which I thought it could never go under in 2006.

You can get 2 for 300 with change left over right now.

lol

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                      Ours was a foreclosure (they are all over) we paid cash, 160k which I thought it could never go under in 2006.

You can get 2 for 300 with change left over right now.

lol
                      Maybe I will look around Scottsdale and have Greg hook me up with hot pool girls to take care of the pool

sales@blunttech.com
                      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Come to AZ - summers are a bit excessive but you get 8 months of amazing weather otherwise! Been here since 1987....

North Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Cave Creek/North Phoenix.....
                        Originally posted by blunttech
                        Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

He has been there forever.

lol

Comment

Nevada is a better deal as far as taxes, but Arizona is not too horrible. There's a lot of variety here depending on elevation, but Phoenix/Tucson areas would be best for a strictly winter home.

No habla Texas, sorry.
                            1973 Bavaria

Comment

Oh, and it's pretty hard to get away from baggypants. Even have some around here...
                              1973 Bavaria

Comment

Working...
                              X