No announcement yet.

SUV/4x4 shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody have any experience with Mitsubishi Monteros or Izuzu Rodeos?

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
    Sounds like you need a massage.
    Originally posted by kpeng
    Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

They look cool, have full double a arm suspension, and I bet are fairly tough

Did I mention they look cool?

Comment

pathfinder
        Driving:1990 325iS, 2007 335i :devil:
        past BMWs: 1987 325iS turbo, 1989 325i, 1995 525i, 2000 328CI, 2001 540i, 2008 135i

Comment

My neighbors are moving and have a 1995 explored with 145k on the clock, tow package, new heater core, maintenance records, and new tires. Asking $2600

Any thoughts on this? What's the towing capacity?

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Seems a tad high for a 95' exploder maybe? although with the recent work, and if it is good shape over all, why not?
            It's based on a Ranger which has a ton of aftermarket support, I don't think it is a bad bet.
            Originally Posted by ACMF74
            i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

yeah 95 exploder is no more than a 2000 dollar ride unless its got 60k miles on it. Will tow an e30 fine. I think Jgood used to have one for this purpose.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

thats what i was thinking. NADA and KBB are around 2600, but i really would only be comfortable paying $2000. I really like tahoes, but those are looking like upwards of 3500 with maintenance done and in good running shape.

Im entertaining the explorer, because i know its been well taken care of, its not mint on the outside but i trust it has no issues, runs great, and has new tires. My only issue is low balling my neighbors. To make it more of an odd situation I banged the daughter(its technically her car) and then i blew her off.

cliffs: should i low ball my neighbors who's daughter i banged and then blew off?

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

get a jeep xj
                  -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                  -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                  MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                  Got Drop?? ;-)
                  Originally posted by JinormusJ
                  But of course
                  E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

^ too much wind noise and lack of build quality. I drove my Exs to and from kansas a few times and its really not an ideal highway vehicle and doesnt have a great towing capacity for my e30.

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
                      cliffs: should i low ball my neighbors who's daughter i banged and then blew off?

these are completely seperate issues. take care of business! if you don't try to lowball them, your r3v membership is probably going to be revoked.

it is a pre requ. to being on here. r3v=cheap-ass
                      Originally Posted by ACMF74
                      i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

I hate Explorers. In that price range I'd probably get an old Pathfinder. Older Tahoes are great too; GM cars will run badly longer than most cars will run at all. Hard to go wrong with XJs but they're not great tow vehicles and are pretty damn utilitarian. My mom had two new ones and even fresh off the dealer lot they drove like tractors.
                        sigpic
                        -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Originally posted by priapism View Post
                          Older Tahoes are great too; GM cars will run badly longer than most cars will run at all.
                          HAhahahah there is a ton of truff in the this statement!!! Just think how long they will go when you maintain them lol
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Just shook hands on this truck for $3000. Planning on picking it up wends

Thoughts? Cough mrsleeve cough

I was planning on keeping it, but now we want to buy a house, so I need to sell it so I have a down payment.

Specs: 1995 Tahoe LS 1500, automatic, 5.7L V-8. PW,PL,tilt, CC, A/C, Power mirrors, power seats, power lumbar support, nice panasonic CD player, custom wheels, tow package, 4x4 with newer siped tires- awesome in the winter

Many new parts:

The old, tired engine just got replaced. Done the RIGHT way. Engine still has over 30k miles left on its warranty. I had the radiator boiled out, the oil cooler replaced, new water pump with all new hoses, new heater core. all the parts got hot-tanked, most of the sensors got replaced. New platinum spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor. It runs excellent.

New shocks, tie rod ends, ball joints, and tires... all things that wear out over time, and now it rides and drives like new. The transmission just got serviced less than 10k miles ago. Running full synthetic in it, it shifts beautifully. The doors on these tahoes start to sag after a while, so I had all the doors re-hung so they shut nice... Although the drivers door still needs a strong pull to shut it all the way.

interior got new carpet and all the seats professionally cleaned. It has the rubber cargo liner in back which is really nice to have. It really is a nice SUV. The rear seats fold down flat and gives you TONS of cargo space. Back seat leg room is great too. nice overhead console to put your garage door opener, sunglasses, wallet, etc.

The outside is in decent shape, no major dents or body damage, but it does have a few door dings, rock chips, small scratches etc. The worst of that is probably on the tailgate... the hood also has small scratches and rock chips...but from 20 feet away it looks really good.

I am trying to think of something that doesn't work on it, but all I can come up with is that the light in the engine compartment doesn't work when you pop the hood, also the power mirror button is a little temperamental, it doesn't always work.

You will not find a nicer or more reliable SUV for this price! 173k original miles

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

[ATTACH]47436[/ATTACH]

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Barn doors or tail gate??? other than door pins on the primary barn door, sounds like you have no worries, other than (but I would assume they were done when the ball rest of the front end was done) Idler and Pittman you are good to go. Thats a damm good price for all that too. If I was selling mine in that body it would be for double that.

The drivers door issue if you wait too long to replace the pins and bushings it will egg out the holes. It could be something as simple as the roller detente being total destroyed. If it rubs on the sill plate/jamb its the hinge pin holes and you can use your floor jack to tweak the hinges just a touch

It will serve you well, good buy as far as I can tell. Congrats they are solid trucks and no you wont find one that is more reliable or capable for that price at all. You stumbled on to 1 hell of a deal there, as I would have expected that to be a 5k truck at minimum with all those fresh parts

I have a really clean 99 with 115k on it, and if I was to sell I would be asking double what you just paid. Once you go to a full size you will never want to go back to a little one ever again though just a FYI
                                Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-14-2011, 10:36 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X