Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I just canceled my Netflix instant... did you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I just canceled my Netflix instant... did you?

When I first got Netflix it was mainly to stop spending $20 every weekend at the movie theater (me and the lady) when we wanted to watch a movie. My pops had just gotten a 60 inch plasma, 5.1 surround with an extra sub and some comfy couches they've had for a while now. We added the blu-ray option and were extremely happy.

We were even using their instant streaming which was free to watch shows we hadn't had a chance to catch on regular tv (lost, heroes, and so on). But now that they started charging for instant streaming I had no problem canceling that part of the subscription. Their movie selection was shitty and I had already watched everything I could think of by now.

What did you guys do? keep the instant and cancel DVD's? (i don't understand people doing this one, aren't they losing starz soon and they keep getting hassled by corporations to pay more?) I did the math and it'll still be cheaper to keep getting releases through netflix and we don't mind waiting an extra month. vote and tell us what you did.
    I kept my subscription the same
    25.71%
    I canceled instant streaming
    7.14%
    I canceled/reduced DVDs
    22.86%
    I canceled/reduced both services
    24.29%
    I torrent everything... what's Netflix?
    20.00%
    09/1989 325i 4 Door
    +M30 Swap
    +Z3 Steering Rack

I canceled the DVD thing. I'm not that much of a movie nut and the selection is satisfactory for me.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I kept both cause I'm scared I'd just get bored with no movie at home. But that shit's expensive so I think I'm gonna cancel the streaming part.

Originally posted by yert315
      Your mother is plug n play

Comment

I've just got instant streaming...works for the price.
        sigpic

Comment

I cancelled both services. You can stream just about any tv show you want from
          tv-links.eu.

I am considering starting blockbusters rental program thats similar to netflix. $10 a month. Mainly doing it because you can get games also, unlike netflix.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post
            I cancelled both services. You can stream just about any tv show you want from
            tv-links.eu.

I am considering starting blockbusters rental program thats similar to netflix. $10 a month. Mainly doing it because you can get games also, unlike netflix.
            yeah I was considering that too... we'll see how this works out.

Don't forget to vote
            09/1989 325i 4 Door
            +M30 Swap
            +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

I never had netflix and never will
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Hulu has a huge selection of instant streaming TV for 10 dollars a month with two brief commercials. Better than netflix in my opinion. Amazon Prime also has a selection of streaming but I'm not familiar with their service.

Netflix's instant content is a little slim imo, and they messed up with this price rearranging.
                Originally posted by z31maniac
                I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

wow, didnt even realize this. shows you how closely i look at my cc bill. :(

$17/month now. wow. wtf. used to be $10.50. (w/tax)

i'll have to reconsider my plan. ^ that hulu plan might be the switch. hulu has tons of tv shows instantly.

edit: just signed up for hulu plus. has an offer if you use a .edu email, 1 month free.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                    wow, didnt even realize this. shows you how closely i look at my cc bill. :(

$17/month now. wow. wtf. used to be $10.50. (w/tax)

i'll have to reconsider my plan. ^ that hulu plan might be the switch. hulu has tons of tv shows instantly.

edit: just signed up for hulu plus. has an offer if you use a .edu email, 1 month free.
                    Yeah, my friend has it and the amount of selection is awesome. It's limited to certain networks but all episodes are there. I'm curious about amazon prime + kindle combo when it's released.
                    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

You're an idiot if you cancel Netflix.
                      There is no other service that compares, except maybe Red Box. They split the 2 departments not because they want to fuck everyone over, but because it makes sense for them as a company. You guys ever see figures on how much it costs to buy/rent/stream movies? You'd think they were making no money at all.
                      Oh, games are coming soon too. So that argument is out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                        You're an idiot if you cancel Netflix.
                        There is no other service that compares, except maybe Red Box. They split the 2 departments not because they want to fuck everyone over, but because it makes sense for them as a company. You guys ever see figures on how much it costs to buy/rent/stream movies? You'd think they were making no money at all.
                        Oh, games are coming soon too. So that argument is out the window.
                        Other services compare if you're solely interested in streaming. I understand why they made the switch, they just executed poorly - which they have admitted.

Still a great service, but other companies are catching up.
                        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

I guess for me since the only reason I got Netflix in the first place was for movies I didn't think twice about canceling instant once it wasn't as cheap. Now I'll just enjoy their BR DVDs by mail 28 days later than redbox and blockbuster.
                          09/1989 325i 4 Door
                          +M30 Swap
                          +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

I was flat broke (less that $5 in my checking account) so i had to cancel last week. not missing it.
                            BRUTE

Comment

^
                              I am a nervous fucking wreck and just plain pissed off all the time if I have a dime less than 10k in my checking account. How the fuck can you stand to have 5 bucks in it????? Really honest question

I used to be poor all the time, even then if I had less than 1k I was pissy, I dont want to be that way again.................
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                              X