Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can i get a decent camera for around $600. (total noob)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i see some pics with a d40 or d60?

Comment

I love my D80, and they're going way down in price from the $1600 I paid for it a few years ago. Definitely invest in the Nikon 50mm 1.8, I use that lens more than I do my 18-135.

Buy that and a 50mm for $125 and you'll be well under your $600 price, which leaves money for filters, a tripod, and a decent camera bag.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

^ I'd buy the nikon 35mm 1.8 DX if you're looking for a fast prime. BUT you don't even know what that means yet. So don't get caught up in what lenses to buy or what camera to buy just go buy a freakin' DSLR and get out there!

Here are some old d40 pics for you. There are better on flickr, but I'd say don't worry about the make just get takin' pics! (I need to do more of that...)

But anyone who considers photography a hobby/profession will agree, images are dependent on the person, the lens, then the camera. In that order.
        Originally posted by z31maniac
        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

D40...

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
            But anyone who considers photography a hobby/profession will agree, images are dependent on the person, the lens, then the camera. In that order.

Very true, I can out shoot someone with a point and shoot, even if they have a D3 with $3000 lens just because I understand how to take a photograph.
            I would recommend going with Nikon D70 or D80 just because they allow you to grow; and what I mean by that is that they have most of your manual adjustments on the body that you will see on a D300/D700/D3. If you get a D40, you have to go into the menu to change settings. If you end up sticking with it, don’t waste your money on buying a cropped sensor camera, go with a full frame you won’t regret it.
            Also try to stick to prime lenses, the zooms just don’t compare and they make you lazy when composing your photograph. The only zoom lens I would recommend getting is a 70-200mm f2.8 or f4 if you’re full frame.

Check this website, they usually have some great deals on gear.

Keh.com
            sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

D40 with the 18-55 kit lens should be cheap as $250 ? and light enough to carry anywhere. My D80 gets heavy.
              i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

The D40 is completely menu driven, though. Gets annoying when you're trying to adjust shit.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                Originally posted by slammin.e28
                Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

But he doesn't know what anything is. And the d40 even has little help blurbs to point you in the right direction. And then if he doesn't like it he's not out money, if he does he has great IQ and a knowledge base to expand from.

This thread needs to end. I'm so fucking tired of these threads ahhhhhhh I'm exploding.
                  Originally posted by z31maniac
                  I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

i will be purchasing a d60 within the next week or so. thank you for the help everyone. i cant wait to take some pics of my car before it gets put away for the winter. i am also looking for a class a couple days of the week for photography in my area. i'm getting kind of bored and need something new to learn. this is it

Comment

Working...
                    X