Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel FaceBook Has Ruined my Forum Addiction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel FaceBook Has Ruined my Forum Addiction.

So I took a ton of flack from Levent for GPS and others about not being on FaceBook.
    So i had my wife build me a facebook page, angled more towards my auto obcession, and my In garage shop.
    Now I find myself posting more on facebook and less and less on my 4 normal forums R3V, E30tech, Bimmer, XLforum.

I feel I have been done a diservice and robbed on my small happy forum life and thrust into the big city of the Internet blogging.

Not sure how to balance it, just hoping the newness wears off fast, and my life goes back to normal.

Bash me now.....
    https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

It will wear off pretty soon ;)

Bahama Beige E23 Project
    Bluebird Bus Conversion
    New Oregon Trail

Comment

I am 30, what is facebook ????
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Thanks....

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...945989282=wall :(

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I'm still not on facebook :-)
          I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
          Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            I am 30, what is facebook ????
            lmao I didn't know till a month ago!

Comment

I'm 25 and I don't have a facebook which means I enjoy my free time

Vinyl Lettering

Comment

Facebook is layme. I just go on to keep in touch with my high school friends.
                And holla at bitches, and poke the girlie :(

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

facebook is pretty lame... i use it less and less now. i think im about to delete it.
                  but it comes in handy so much, like today i used it to gather a group of friends to help me lift and move shit and put my car in my garage.....

Comment

^ exactly. Fb is ghey when its all you do with your time, but its an extremely smart concept.
                    Keep in touch with friends, plan shit, and holla at some beezies!

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Google+ is where it's at.

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Jeremy busting the hinges off the closet door as he announces his fb page.

Tune in next week when J will explain why he is now into vampires and such.

I should have known something was up when he told me that he was selling the Lotus.
                        I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                          It will wear off pretty soon ;)
                          Exactly. Next thing you know all these eager family friends and others you don't want in your business will be friending you. You'll feel obligated to accept them, then suddenly you realize you can't be yourself. I get people that know me from my business, people I can't really ignore, but with them around I can't post about my car habits or else they'll conclude that either I don't care about the environment, make too much money, or both. Screw that.

Even better, you'll have to shut off all their notices about how they've found a purple pony and other retarded things in those stupid facebook games like farmville. If that weren't enough, you'll have people with vastly different views than yours, and you have to put up with their rants which only erodes whatever commonality you share with them. As if you gave a shit what they thought, now they shovel that crap in your face.

The only useful thing is to connect with old friends and acquaintances, then you can exchange emails and phone numbers so you can keep in touch. You still won't anyway, but at least you'll feel good that you have the means to connect if you weren't too lazy.
                          Present BMWs: E30 325iC, E39 540 Sport 6-speed, E60 M5 SMG

E30 Cabrio Turbo Project

Comment

Originally posted by Dave McLaren View Post
                            Exactly. Next thing you know all these eager family friends and others you don't want in your business will be friending you. You'll feel obligated to accept them, then suddenly you realize you can't be yourself. I get people that know me from my business, people I can't really ignore, but with them around I can't post about my car habits or else they'll conclude that either I don't care about the environment, make too much money, or both. Screw that.

Even better, you'll have to shut off all their notices about how they've found a purple pony and other retarded things in those stupid facebook games like farmville. If that weren't enough, you'll have people with vastly different views than yours, and you have to put up with their rants which only erodes whatever commonality you share with them. As if you gave a shit what they thought, now they shovel that crap in your face.

The only useful thing is to connect with old friends and acquaintances, then you can exchange emails and phone numbers so you can keep in touch. You still won't anyway, but at least you'll feel good that you have the means to connect if you weren't too lazy.

Well put sir

Comment

^^

So caring about the environment is now a prerequisite to having a job in CA now-a-days ?? I guess it was only a matter of time :giggle:

Edit: Before any lambasting occurs I am being sarcastic, and facetious
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                              X