Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this anyone on the forum? E30 fatal accident.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
    If you're cool with armed convicted felons driving around, more power to you. Personally I'm happy the police are making an effort to keep them off the streets.
    Agreed, though I am not willing to give up my rights and freedoms and hand personal responsibility for myself t over too the State. Limiting Law Enforcement and having a few of the bad guys out there, is the price we have to pay for having a free society. I guess this is where we differ

better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer - William Blackstone

goggle the Blackstone formulation
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-30-2011, 11:12 AM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

I sure as shit have better things to do than hunt down dangerous convicted felons, as far as I'm concerned they lost their freedom when they were charged. I'm willing to give up some "rights" and let the police force take care of that, after all that's what my tax money pays them to do.

I can tell you're on the verge of turning this into another second amendment debate, but that has nothing to do with this story.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

No 2a debate needed was not even going in that direction. I was not referring to convicts retaining/regaining their rights either (thats an entirlely different debate).

I am talking about preserving ours as free men, to infringe on my freedoms in the guise of protecting me from either myself or others is what I find unpalatable. This is my fundamental core belief on which my values and convictions are based upon. Its not the job of the state to take care of me that is my responsibility

Edit:
        The original topic of this thread falls into this argument, and its very sad that a man lost his life because some ass hat made more bad decisions and tried to run rather than man up and take responsibility for his previous actions at least we can take some solace in the fact he will have to pay for both crimes now.
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-30-2011, 10:34 AM.
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by tom d View Post
          in theory i would not argue your point, but in practice it's a different matter. the problem as i see it is money. if someone is very seriously hurt in an accident due to the lack of using a seat belt, then it becomes a public money problem. it is the public that picks up the expense of medical support, either by higher medical cost, higher insurance cost, or higher tax expense.
          So with that logic, tobacco, alcohol, fast food etc. Should all be illegal because they cost the public so much.

Comment

^ bottom line

Comment

So everything should be baned that might be remotely harmful for a person ????

William Pitt-

Comment

reminds me of the push to ban dihydrogenmonoxide. That stuff kills people every year.
                Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

That's pretty sad. And pretty close to home.
                  RIP to the driver, really hope it was no one in the Norcal E30 Community...

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

All actions and behaviors have their own risks and consequences, It's an individual's responsibility to know them and deal with them based on the choices they make.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

So everything should be baned that might be remotely harmful for a person ????
                      no not really, my counter point to the seat belt law was that by using one the injury cost and therefore the burden on the public can be reduced.

let me put it this way. three years ago i was treated and cured for a stage 4 cancer (non-smoking). the medical bills exceeded $250,000.00 now i never paid that much in premiums, so where did the money come from? do you think the insurance company was being generous? of course not, they are in the business of making money, so they charge you, Mr. Sleeve, more for the privilege of having insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by ayemattyyy View Post
                        This is why scum like this are lucky I didn't choose to join the police force... because I personally wouldn't have the restraint from holding back on wailing into them when I caught them.

RIP to the innocent victim that lost their life.

And leave the cops out of this. They were doing their job.
                        I am totally in favor of "profiling". When you see two thugs that look like thugs, smell like thugs and act like thugs well chances are they are two thugs.

As we all know the cops look for guys like this and target them. For good reason as the cops know that there is like a 99 % chance that when pulled over they will find something to bust them. Be it a parole violation or outstanding warrant, open container, possession of a weapon, etc.

When the thugs decide to flee it validates the cops initial suspicion. Its really a system of checks and balances. Cop tries to pull someone over , if they comply and are professional then police respond "in kind" if they are argumentative or flee well - they respond "in kind". Its really about that age old saying - "What you put out is what you get back"

Its a simple formula really that cops use all the time.
                        A+B= C

A= pull over thugs
                        B=thugs flee and try to evade
                        C= thugs wreck and are captured

Sometimes that formula goes haywire as in this example.

Thats just gonna happen from time to time and its not going to stop police from using the same old tried and true formula.

Its tragic that an innocent had to loose their life as a result of this!

Oh that tattoo on the guys chin looks to be a very poorly done German Eagle which is a symbol sometimes used by the neo nazi's / skinheads , etc

In its purest form it represents Germany's soaring success. It also represents sovereignty, grandeur, and strength.

Comment

in all fairness to the police, the report said "after a short pursuit". that could mean 500' to the first intersection. the report did not say that after a 20 minute chase they drove 80mph through a school zone at 4pm.

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                            That's pretty sad. And pretty close to home.
                            RIP to the driver, really hope it was no one in the Norcal E30 Community...
                            The report said that the driver was a resident of Flagstaff, AZ.

I will be the first to say it publicly. I have absolutely no pity for the two disgusting motherfuckers pictured in this thread.

I work my ass off, spent 4 years defending this country by wearing the best uniform out there, giving fucks that kill innocent people the ability to be free and move through society even after doing bad things.

If my brother, or my mother or father, or heaven forbid my two younger sisters were doing nothing wrong, respecting the law and loving their lives and those in their lives, and their end was this way, I would not be able to restrain myself from furthering the violence. Regardless of the consequences to my own person.

God damnit, I have to watch Law Abiding Citizen just to feel semi-good again.

I hope these two low-lifes get nothing less than death. If given the opportunity I would personally beat the two of them to death. And walk away without an ounce of remorse on my soul.
                            My previous build (currently E30-less)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

+1 To everything you said Mr. e30

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                                reminds me of the push to ban dihydrogenmonoxide. That stuff kills people every year.
                                I've heard of turkeys dying when this stuff falls by simply looking up!
                                i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Working...
                                X