No announcement yet.

The Alfa Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice post there, BlackbirdM3. The 105 is one of the most aesthetically pleasing cars of all time.

Comment

rloweys car though <3

This car is extremely tempting, but in my opinion too many things are wrong with it to pay anywhere near that price.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        rloweys car though <3

This car is extremely tempting, but in my opinion too many things are wrong with it to pay anywhere near that price.
        Its a track car, it looks pretty well set for its intended purpose. If you look at the market, just about any clean GTV is going for about $30k. The really perfect ones are $40k and up. Ugly rusty ones are $10K requiring $20K worth of repairs to make solid.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
          That is an Alfa Sud. You want rust, yeah, the reason you don't find many is because these are the epitome of rust monsters.
          Nice pics, Bird!

Nope, that's a early, maybe 75 or 76 Alfetta sedan with a rear transaxle.

This is an Alfasud. FWD. Flat 4 engine. Built in the south (Sud) of Italy as a political move to ease labor problems and unemployment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	alfa-romeo-alfasud-10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	7176594

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            Yep. Then all the money you'd spend on top of that if you wanted to get it back to original.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
              Yep. Then all the money you'd spend on top of that if you wanted to get it back to original.
              exactly, Its nice for what it is, but it looks like someone wanted a classy looking DD/drivers car. I wouldn't call it a race car just cause he threw some "furaze" bits onto it.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

[ATTACH]96723[/ATTACH]
                I love this car
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Yeah! What a great kit car it would make, with a used Alfa V6.

[ATTACH]96758[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]96759[/ATTACH]

EDIT - found this info….

"Among the too many show-cars unveiled at the past Geneva Motor Show there was this “Alfa Romeo Diva”. The running prototype has been conceived and developed by Elasis, a high-ranking research and development centre based in Italy and owned by Fiat. (Elsais is the company that first developed and engineered the Common Rail fuel injection technology. The managing director of the company is Ing. Nevio di Giusto who has been Director of Design for the Fiat Auto group and subsequently was in charge of Engineering at Fiat Auto.)Diva was first exhibited on the Sbarro area, among several other cars built by the Italian genius and his teams. Indeed the Alfa Romeo Diva has been built by the international team of students attending Franco Sbarro’s Espera school of automotive design and construction located at Yverdon, Switzerland. The design came from the Centro Stile Alfa Romeo. There it certainly made an impression with its unique double-deck spoiler at the front, but did not shine as brightly as it deserved."

http://www.carstyling.ru/ru/car/2006_alfa_romeo_diva/
                  This car I getting close to Ferrari design imho
                  “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

[ATTACH]98096[/ATTACH]

Comment

a video i shot for my friend who just got a new 4c, love this little Italian min-F1 car
                      Now look, I am not evil. My loan officer said so.

Comment

Some pics from the 2015 Sonoma Historics. Yes, they are mine.

I want another US spec '69 1750. I miss mine. I love it in black. This one belongs to John Norman.

And John's race car...

This car should need no introduction...

Will
                        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

great grate grayt pics..

those gtv's kill me...esp gta.....wow.

could u pm some hi res files...or e me?...

1st and last pic
                          I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

not sure if its due to crazy front neg camber..but rears look like postivie camber!!!...lol

this car coulda beena big win.

..but it misses
                            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                              Some pics from the 2015 Sonoma Historics.
                              ^^^wow…another great weekend you've had.

The blue Wetson's car is famous too, no?

Comment

Working...
                              X