No announcement yet.

The Alfa Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently became fascinated with old Alfa's... Especially the Guilia Ti... Like a four door Italian 2002!
    -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
    -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

First sports sedan??

Giulietta Berlina (sedan) running at Goodwood. I think they advertised it as "the family sedan that wins!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Giulietta Berlina Goodwood.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	7173788

Comment

I know it's not Alfa related, but I just took a walk downtown and wandered into my local exotic independent service shop to say hi. Mostly because there was a nearly perfect Ferrari Dino 246 with no tags sitting in the service check in. That car is so great in person, no matter how many photos you've seen.

So, in addition to that, there was a silver Carrera GT in storage, an open Bentley that ran at LeMans in 1929, TWO E-Types (one a perfect 1961), a white Miami Vice Testa Rosa, two so-so MGBs, a 62 T-Bird, an old 50s Plymouth, and a 2013 911 convertible that won't start. May have been an old truck or two in the back.

Most of these are owned by collectors who send them for mechanical service and repair - not necessarily restoration. A couple are owned by the shop. Such a great lunchtime escape from the land of pickup trucks. The mechanics are all, Ho hum, another day tinkering with fantastic machinery...

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
          a nearly perfect Ferrari Dino 246 with no tags sitting in the service check in. That car is so great in person, no matter how many photos you've seen.
          Those are some really beautiful cars. I don't think Ferrari has ever made one that looks better.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
            Those are some really beautiful cars. I don't think Ferrari has ever made one that looks better.
            the 246 is indeed an amazing car. who could have imagined a 4 banger would be worth 400k?
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
              the 246 is indeed an amazing car. who could have imagined a 4 banger would be worth 400k?
              The 246 had a V6 though.

The other thing about them is how small they are, I passed one on the highway while riding my motorcycle and the roof of the car was at about knee-level.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

Yes, a fantastic sounding OHC aluminum V6.

BIG EDIT - Ferrari Dino V6 had its roots in this car, the 166P, at 2 liters.

Name:	Dino_166-P_DISEGNO_xMAM6678_650776.jpg
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	7173823

That engine was adapted, and the 166 was the inspirational source for the 206 Dino…

Name:	Ferrari_Dino_206_GT_01pop.jpg
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	7173825

The 206 Dino evolved into the 246 (I think a much better looking car) with a 2.4 liter version.

Name:	2079406747_cb77bce393_b.jpg
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	7173824

Name:	Dino dark blue.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	7173827

The shape of the 246, obviously, is the source for the mid-engine 308 / 328 / 348 series. (the 1975 308 was fiberglass - later all steel bodies)

Name:	ferrari_308+gtb.jpg
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	7173826

If you haven't read the story, Dino was Enzo Ferrari's son, who pushed for a second line of cars, smaller and lighter than the big 12s. Ferrari famously said, if it isn't a V12, it isn't a Ferrari. They named this car after his son, who sadly died very young of a some ailment.
                Last edited by LateFan; 02-20-2015, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Just saw some spy shots and rumors of new RWD Alfa test mules out and about, cloaked in Maserati shells that don't quite fit (too big - that's good!) and with weird stuff like a Jeep steering wheel in a cobbled up interior. Says it looks to be narrower and shorter.

"Code name 952……" It's coming…….(they claim)

Alfa Romeo promises to have an eight-car lineup by the end of 2018 and one of the cars, expected to launch next year, will be a sporty sedan rumored to wear the Giulia title. The car was originally due to arrive several years ago as a successor for the Alfa Romeo 159 sold overseas, but its arrival was ultimately pushed back so that it could be based around...

Well well well, what have we here? The truth is that we don't know. It seems to be a Maserati Ghibli, but since that model is already out on the market, we're likely looking at something else. Just what is the question, and the answer likely lies in the wheelbase. While this test mule, spied undergoing cold-weather testing in northern Sweden, is clearly wearing the bodywork (and likely most of the mechanical bits) from the Ghibli, it's ridi

Name:	tumblr_nk2l3f5ioq1s5hxsio3_1280.jpg
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	7173828

Comment

We like steelies

[ATTACH]94448[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]94449[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]94450[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]94451[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]94452[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]94475[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]94999[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]95000[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]95001[/ATTACH]

Comment

Learn more about Restored 1971 Alfa Romeo Giulia 1300 Super on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.

My three favorite cars in one picture?
                          -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                          -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

My Alfa friends say there are some red flags with that Giulia sedan, which is too bad because it looks great.

Yeah, I'd like to go see that shop!

Comment

Learn more about BaT Exclusive: 1967 Alfa Romeo Giulia Super on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.

I need one.. Ugh, screw buying an E30. Who needs one when you got a classic Italian sports sedan
                              -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                              -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

8C 2300 Monza

[ATTACH]95818[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]95819[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]95820[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]95821[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X