No announcement yet.

The Alfa Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, original engines? Drag races between sub 100hp cars has got to be great. Almost like e30s drag racing lol
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      thats so cool. keep them coming. i was doing some research on that engine. i would imagine finding one would be pretty difficult. i was surprised to see its only 200 hp. i guess its only 2.5 liters. i would probably still opt for the 164's 24v fuel injected engine at around 240hp. i presume it would be a lot easier to find.

were gtv;s and alfeta's deleon style drivetrain like the gtv-6?
      I think the Montreals are very expensive, if you can find one. There was a 300hp version, and a marine version with more hp.

There're some guys from South Africa with bored out versions of the Busso V6, putting out a lot of power. 3.7L maybe? I've seen them on the alfabb.

The Giulia GT / GTV / GTA / Junior Zagato were a 105 chassis - all the Duetto spiders, Giulia sedans, all that stuff, were 105 cars. Everybody loves the 105 cars. The 101 Giuliettas in the 50's evolved into the 105 Giulias in the early 60s.

The Alfetta / Alfetta GT / Alfetta sedan / GTV6 / GTV8 / Milano sedan were the 115 (I think) chassis, which is the rear transaxle with De Dion rear suspension. A little bigger, a little heavier, but great weight distribution and excellent handling if set up right.

The De Dion is kind of cool because the transmission and clutch are mounted to the rear chassis, as well as the diff, the brakes, and the calipers. The only unsprung weight is the one-piece "trailing arm", the half shafts, and the hub carriers. The rear wheels are always perfectly parallel, and the tires perpendicular to the road (unless one's in the air of course).

Click image for larger version

Name:	alf6ha.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	7177576

Name:	0_4369_1042.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	7177577

Comment

The transaxle cars were series 116

Series 115 were the late 105 cars, berlina, Giulia nuova etc...
        Past - 1991 318i, 1972 '02

Comment

Sorry…116. ^^So is that why the later spiders were 115 cars, even though they're all 105 chassis underneath?

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
            Sorry…116. ^^So is that why the later spiders were 115 cars, even though they're all 105 chassis underneath?
            Yes, 115 cars are late 105 cars, not sure if it is the move to spica or 2l engine that was the change line.
            Past - 1991 318i, 1972 '02

Comment

Originally posted by rloewy View Post
              Yes, 115 cars are late 105 cars, not sure if it is the move to spica or 2l engine that was the change line.
              The change to the 2L marked the beginning of the 115 series. The '69 1750 I believe was the last of the 105s. The '71 1750 used the longer 115 body.

Will
              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I dont normally like most of the cars featured on stanceworks, but when Mike burrows gets the 35mm out and shoots old race cars I instantly snatch them all lol.
                  willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post

I dont normally like most of the cars featured on stanceworks, but when Mike burrows gets the 35mm out and shoots old race cars I instantly snatch them all lol.
                    The Ramicci brothers. Anthony and Fabrizio I got to see them both race at Sears Point for the CSRG Alfa 100th Anniversary event.

From back in the day when I was trying for awesome pics with a point and shoot... One of them did end up being published in Centerline Alfa's catalog that year.

Will
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                      wow....just...wow
                      I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                        [ATTACH]98641[/ATTACH]
                        looks too good..like p shopped?.

nice
                        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Found an alfa I didnt know existed and that I really want now. or to at least replicate.
                          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post

Found an alfa I didnt know existed and that I really want now. or to at least replicate.
                            I'll give you a hint...

Very high revving V6, its a torqueless wonder.

I think the car in your pic is actually an Alfa 75 Milano. They can be found in the US for not a whole lot of money.

Will
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Yeah that looks like a later model then the one I like, wiki said its a Alfa 75 v6 etc etc, I'd have to look it up again, but I like the almost upsidedown looking headlights and grille.
                              willschnitz

Comment

Yeah, I think that was a 75...

Name:	Racing 75.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	7177673

Name:	alfa75-corse.jpg
Views:	2