Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Alfa Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
    watch, I mean listen this:


    I feel like its Italy's e30 hidden with in some sweet design and with a lil more race inspired mechanical bits
    It's really the direct competition of the Porsche 944, although supposedly they weren't in competition with each other.

    I have been researching them today thanks to this thread.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

    Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by Holland View Post
      I really want a GTV6 now, fuck.
      Originally posted by Holland View Post
      It's really the direct competition of the Porsche 944, although supposedly they weren't in competition with each other.

      I have been researching them today thanks to this thread.
      Word very cool didnt know that I would defiantly rather have the GTV6 over the 944 and man do I love my Porsches. Any things else worthy of posting? crazy builds or specs sheets that you've found? I was on the search but didnt find anything too crazy in between the 10 pager I'm working on right now and wasting time on r3v.

      Comment


        #48
        I haven't found too much on any builds, just trying to find a buyers guide was hell. Basic info though:

        The chassis itself is was originally an Alfetta, although suspension was completely changed on the 82-86 models.

        Uses a double wishbone torsen bar front suspension, kinda like a bug

        Rear suspension is a De Dion type setup, super complex solid axle

        Milano Verde 3.0 swaps make these cars very lively

        Does use a double clutch rear transaxle like a 944

        Both the 944 and the GTV6 use a 2.5 litre displacement, share a similar transaxle setup, and both weigh within 150 lbs of each other.

        Common issues with these cars are the driveshafts, and the hydraulic timing tensioners.

        Value of these cars in decent shape is 4k to 6k, pristine examples go for 9k to 12k

        Euro bumpers are sexy

        Shifter is vague

        Oh and I forgot they are prone to head gasket issues
        Last edited by Holland; 12-04-2011, 10:36 PM.
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

        Originally posted by DEV0 E30
        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

        Comment


          #49
          Several years ago there was a "Project Alfa GTV6" in European Car magazine. This series of articles where I first learned of this car, and I fell in love with it. I've spent some time researching them as well - just Google "Alfa GTV6" there's some good resources out there including forums. When reading about engine rebuilds, these babies can get pricy - but the sound of a well tuned Alfa V6 is worth the price of admission IMHO.

          The rear transaxle & suspension with its inboard-mounted brakes is a neat bit of engineering too.....



          This has to be one of my favorite photos of one....



          Jon
          Rides...
          1991 325i - sold :(
          2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

          RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

          Comment


            #50
            ^ I forgot about the inboard rear brakes.

            Love the lights on this one:

            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

            Originally posted by DEV0 E30
            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by Holland View Post
              I haven't found too much on any builds, just trying to find a buyers guide was hell. Basic info though:

              The chassis itself is was originally an Alfetta, although suspension was completely changed on the 82-86 models.

              Uses a double wishbone torsen bar front suspension, kinda like a bug

              Rear suspension is a De Dion type setup, super complex solid axle

              Milano Verde 3.0 swaps make these cars very lively

              Does use a double clutch rear transaxle like a 944

              Both the 944 and the GTV6 use a 2.5 litre displacement, share a similar transaxle setup, and both weigh within 150 lbs of each other.

              Common issues with these cars are the driveshafts, and the hydraulic timing tensioners.

              Value of these cars in decent shape is 4k to 6k, pristine examples go for 9k to 12k

              Euro bumpers are sexy

              Shifter is vague
              fuck yea

              Comment


                #52
                I want a GTV really, really,....really bad way.

                COTM

                Comment


                  #53
                  Inboard brakes...cool design...a bitch to replace
                  Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                  This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                    Dude Kamil, how many fucking cars have you owned lmfao
                    Enough for the DMV to give me shit about
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

                    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                    VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by slaterd View Post
                      Inboard brakes...cool design...a bitch to replace
                      dont fault it for being Italian

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
                        dont fault it for being Italian
                        Maybe that's why the clutch assy costs $750. I was real glad mine didn't slip.
                        It is pretty expensive to set these cars up to handle very well. The front torsion bars are costly and stiff ones tend to tear the mounts out of the body. At least they come with a 4:10 LSD and close-ratio gearing out of the box (Milano Plat that is). Imagine what that upgrade would cost on a 20yr old italian car.
                        You say "Where are your other two cylinders?"
                        I say "Where's your other camshaft?"
                        Frankenmotor: if an M42, M44, M20, S50, and S52 were to have a kid.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          ooh found a few pics of that old dog:







                          It wasn't pretty but I do miss the Alfa 'song'
                          You say "Where are your other two cylinders?"
                          I say "Where's your other camshaft?"
                          Frankenmotor: if an M42, M44, M20, S50, and S52 were to have a kid.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Just finished the Capstone course of my business school and to celebrate I offer you alfas:

                            Comment


                              #59
                              I am in LOVE with that red GTV6!

                              Do want but the E30 gets S14 and AST's first.
                              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

                              Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

                              Comment


                                #60


                                would love one of these !!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X