X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

For a guy with such awesome photography skills these pics suck lol WE. WANT. PICS!... WE. WANT. PICS!!..
    Pics of what? Nothing to show. I will take pics when I put it back together, but teardown, eh, I don't want to get the camera dirty.

Will

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
    Since this thread has been revived, I'll post an update on my Sprint.

Will
    For a guy with such awesome photography skills these pics suck lol WE. WANT. PICS!... WE. WANT. PICS!!..

Leave a comment:

• BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Since this thread has been revived, I'll post an update on my Sprint.

I opened up the engine (I was told it was healthy and good to go with high compression pistons, headwork, big valves, and big cams.) The rod and main bearings were very tired, and that lead me to look deeper. Pulled the head to have it tested. The head needed all new valve guides, and there were no valve seals installed on any valve. The intake and exhaust ports are stock, the valves are stock. Those high compression pistons are stock borgo late 1750 pistons. Oh, and the crank has some serious scoring in the rear main journal. Basically I bought a stock worn out engine for a premium price. Not happy. THat said, I did manage to source a euro 1750 timing cover, and will be ditching the Alfetta oil pump and pan for a 1600 Veloce oil pump and stock aluminum sump.

Will

Will

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Alfa Tipo 33.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	9910229

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Kimi

Name:	Kimi Alfetta race.jpg
Views:	1021
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	9875591

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Hips

Name:	hips.jpg
Views:	1000
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	9873544

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    I do believe so, I just got back to town myself and haven’t had a chance to check it out since he drove it back to Portland. All the pics he sent me looked amazing. Course, he made a deal with his wife that if he picked this up he had to unload the Spyder and the Berlina Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    ^^^ I like those. Are those the metric wheels that you can only put a specific metric Michelin on?

Video of a Giulia Tubolare Zagato at Monterey....
    Pro racer Gunnar Jeannette passes 25 cars in two laps at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca while piloting a Sebring class-winning 1964 Alfa Romeo GTZ during th...

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    Buddy of mines recent purchase.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Got some new old wheels, widened originals, now 6x15. A few good dings in the lips, but the bead looks fine. Silver is either a quick spritz or primer, they're not finished. That's OK, I'll do that and some clear.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Alfa wheels1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	71.9 KB ID:	9865822 Click image for larger version  Name:	Alfa wheels2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	84.6 KB ID:	9865823

OE cap sits down flush with the lip, just right.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Alfa wheels12.JPG Views:	0 Size:	72.0 KB ID:	9865824

An old rusty 4.5x15 spare I have - cap sticks way out on the '67 and earlier wheels.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Alfa wheels18.JPG Views:	0 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	9865825

I'm excited! (Note BMW content! E30 transmission!)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Alfa wheels21.JPG Views:	0 Size:	57.3 KB ID:	9865826

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Goodwood

Name:	187 Goodwood LMC Trackday 310319 2.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	9865818

Name:	190 20190330 LMC Goodwood.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	9865819

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    37.6 just happens to be close to 1 1/2", but that doesn't make sense - there shouldn't be anything English-threaded on an Alfa.

Leave a comment:

• BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Anyone know what size socket I need to remove my 1750s crank pulley? It measures at 37.6mm, so I'm guessing a 38, or is it SAE for some screwy reason?

Thanks,
    Will

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    6C 3000 CM Superflow IV
    Introducing one of the most technically advanced racing cars of its era – the 1953 Alfa Romeo 6C 3000 CM Superflow IV! President David Gooding takes the rare...

Name:	1953_Alfa_Romeo_6C_3000_CM_Superflow_IV_0026-970x647.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	9861285

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X