No announcement yet.

The Alfa Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alfas at Sebring (because Spring is coming!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	3936568689_f723649537.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	7182140

Name:	6965447717_476b34b26b_b.jpg
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	7182141

Name:	images-1.jpeg
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	7182142

Name:	sm-col-131.jpg
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	7182143

Name:	images.jpeg
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	7182144

Comment

[ATTACH]104695[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]104696[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]104697[/ATTACH]

The famous storm of 1965 - trying to drive in ankle-deep water.
      [ATTACH]104698[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]104699[/ATTACH]

Comment

I love vintage pics, and those ones are so cool!

Was cruising behind a 4C yesterday and honestly the exhaust sounded like shit. I expected it to be like a Fiat 500 Abarth but much better, but it sounded horrible. Like a fart can... not sure if its like that with the OEM parts or they had modified it, but yea....

In other news, "Beverly Hills" Car Club always has an interesting collection of rust buckets, but sometimes they get something cool.

I think this is cool
        1969 Alfa Romeo GTV1969 Alfa Romeo GTV in red with black interior and black Recaro racing seats. Comes equipped with fuel injection, 5 speed manual transmission and many upgrades. Very presentable paint, interior and brightwork. Excellent car for vintage racing. Alot of car for the money. Great value. Same California owner for many years. Mechanically sound.     If you have any additional questions Please call 310-975-0272 or email with any questions! We also welcome all international buyers. We can help with shipping quotes and arrangements.1969 Alfa Romeo GTV in red with black interior and black Recaro racing seats. Comes equipped with fuel injection, 5 speed manual transmission and many upgrades. Very presentable paint, interior and brightwork. Excellent car for vintage racing. Alot of car for the money. Great value. Same California owner for many years. Mechanically sound.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          I love vintage pics, and those ones are so cool!

Was cruising behind a 4C yesterday and honestly the exhaust sounded like shit. I expected it to be like a Fiat 500 Abarth but much better, but it sounded horrible. Like a fart can... not sure if its like that with the OEM parts or they had modified it, but yea....

In other news, "Beverly Hills" Car Club always has an interesting collection of rust buckets, but sometimes they get something cool.

I think this is cool
          http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1...gtv-c-5353.htm
          Wow, someone really made a mess of that GTV. The dash is horrid (the 1750 dash is by far the best looking GTV dash just the way it is) The late model 2L engine is nothing special, looks like the spare tire well rusted out so their solution was to stick a fuel cell in there... Not the best solution. That oil cooler is atrocious, the area of the front valance behind it where the front anti-sway bar mounts looks rusty (common place for them to rust.) It does look to be on stock suspension (best suspension geometry, lowering them throws it all to hell) Hmmmm, I would steer clear of this one. I think it might be lipstick on a pig. (I'd be interested in learning its Vin# however. I had 1530324)

Will
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Max Banks of Alfaholics has some of the most respected suspension modifications for 105 chassis cars. Changes the roll centers, etc. They've done a lot of testing and research and have it pretty dialed. A 105 handles best (on a race track) with the butt down a bit - I think it looks odd, but they know what they're doing.

Alfaholics have a full range of Alfa Romeo spare parts and accessories. Search by car for all your classic Alfa Romeo spares.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
              Max Banks of Alfaholics has some of the most respected suspension modifications for 105 chassis cars. Changes the roll centers, etc. They've done a lot of testing and research and have it pretty dialed. A 105 handles best (on a race track) with the butt down a bit - I think it looks odd, but they know what they're doing.

Alfaholics have a full range of Alfa Romeo spare parts and accessories. Search by car for all your classic Alfa Romeo spares.

http://www.alfaholics.com/browse-par...nd-suspension/
              I totally agree. I'd really like to buy their suspension setup for the Sprint. The shipping will hurt like hell, but I think, in the long run, its the way to go. Those guys are all about going fast, and making the car handle.

Much of my knowledge of how important roll center and suspension geometry came from reading a pretty epic thread that Max did probably 9 years ago that was posted on the AlfaBB. Its very interesting how the brits set a car up as compared to the Americans. The softer British setup which tends to be a little softer, but is faster everywhere except a dry glass smooth course. That seems to be the only place the super stiff American setup was faster.

Will
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

would you get the stage 2 or 3? i saw on the web site that you can also get a power steering upgrade kit. these cars are so light. i can't imagine needing that?

i suppose my dream alfa is still a rust free gtv body with a 24v 164 engine and suspension parts like listed above.
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

[ATTACH]105308[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]105309[/ATTACH]

Comment

That Sprint could be mine. There is still a chance I'll paint it red again, but I really don't want to.

Will
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Black. or very dark navy.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                        Black. or very dark navy.

Just my opinion.
                        I 100% agree. I'm seriously leaning toward black, assuming the nose comes out straight enough. I've always wanted a black car, and I think this body is straight enough to pull it off, assuming the nose comes out well.

Will
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

[ATTACH]105351[/ATTACH]
                          oop...this was already posted...on the first page!
                          Last edited by LateFan; 02-29-2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]105359[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]105360[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]105361[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]105362[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]105363[/ATTACH]

Comment

New Giulia base sedan (NOT the 500hp one)

Name:	aaaa.jpg
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	7184093

Name:	aaa.jpg
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	7184094

Name:	aijfeuslxwrspghx9kgx.jpg
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	7184095

"CarScoops notes it comes with 2.0 liter base engines and 2.2 liter diesel engines in varying states of tune. The gas engines will make 180 HP, 250 HP or 330 HP while the turbodiesels will make 135 HP, 180 HP, or 210 HP."

Comment

That color might look good on the Sprint.

Will
                                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                                X