knowing when to jump ship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

knowing when to jump ship.

so i have straight up missed one day of work last year (totally read the wrong week of scheduling)
    and called in sick once last week and once last year (been at this job almost a year)

and today i wake up get ready for work and i'm about to leave for work when my boss texts me and it reads

"Good morning Spencer, you do not need to go in today. Ive asked Becky to Cover. I will talk to you more when i return"

i've never been fired or felt like i was about to be fired. not sure what to do need some classic r3v advice, think i'm about to get the boot? or laid off? my hours have been slimming and we just recently hired this Becky person lol.
    as for my job goes i do everything my boss lists for me to do in my work days.

Becky may be doing more than what the boss "lists". How would you rate your performance vs. Becky? On the other hand, Becky may be hot, is your boss hetero?

Pics of Becky.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by JinormusJ
    Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
    1989 325is Raged on then sold.
    1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
    1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
    1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenbeemer View Post
      Blah blah blah....

Pics of Becky.
      In.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by frankenbeemer View Post
        Becky may be doing more than what the boss "lists". How would you rate your performance vs. Becky? On the other hand, Becky may be hot, is your boss hetero?

Pics of Becky.
        Obviously he isn't if he doesn't mind ole spency being on the clock with no pants on.

Do not take this the wrong way, but perhaps there are small things about the attitude you have when you work, your punctuality (being slightly early vs slightly late everyday) or quality of work that your boss has been observing over time and now your accident in missing a day gives your boss a reason to put you on the chopping block.

Unless your boss has no heart, I would imagine that someone giving stellar performance at work would be excused from a small mistake such as this, hopefully you ARE a stellar worker and that his discussion with you will be

"Spency, you are a great employee, I want to keep you around, dont do this again, kthxbye!"

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
          In.
          Blah blah blah is right, lol. I'll try to stay on point next time.

Come on Spencey, PICS.
          sigpic
          Don't buy an e30

They're stupid

Comment

haha Becky is like 50 or 60 and she just had her first day of work on January 3rd or so.
            shes my only other coworker than my boss. so im not sure what his intentions are.....

Comment

Sounds like you're getting fired and becky is replacing you. Pics of Becky for confirmation on the "more than boss lists" is very much needed.
              stephenbrody.com

Comment

i wouldn't say i am stellar at work, i never give attitude and carry out my tasks as they are given to me, all my work i do is more than quality and i treat customers as if there the president lol.

Comment

How often do you post on r3v while at work?
                  sigpic
                  Don't buy an e30

They're stupid

Comment

not at all anymore lol he got a screen recording system that is always running so i stopped using the CPU at work for anything. only pandora for when doing office work.

Comment

Does Becky have teeth? Maybe your boss is into those gummy nom noms under his desk?
                      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

from my knowledge yes. she has teeth.

Comment

we need to stomp becky out!
                          My 1991 325i Cabrio Build

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227529

Comment

Get off of R3V and start updating and sending out your resume. Trust me, if you were told not to go into work today in that fashion there is a reason.

I wouldn't necessarily read into it too far, but I would start working on a back-up plan ASAP.

It sounds like you were training your replacement my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                              not at all anymore lol he got a screen recording system that is always running so i stopped using the CPU at work for anything. only pandora for when doing office work.
                              I have a feeling this was put in place for a reason...3,000+ posts in less than a year may have something to do with it. I'm not criticizing you at all, hell I'm on R3V all day at work.
                              Just noting the obvious here and trying to be helpful.

When I have to let someone go, I look at how much time they have spent over their entire time working for me doing things not related to work. It all comes down to how much money they make me vs. how much they cost me. I have a feeling that Becky wouldn't be on the internet much, texting, etc. which already makes her more profitable.

Comment

Working...
                              X