Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post
    I'm in the hole $800 in labor already.
    That's only 7-9 hours of labor at typical rates ($85-100 per hour). You can't expect a major job to take much less than that.

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post
    Guy started out as a family friend, then turned into a businessman. Prick
    Did you agree that he would do the work for free?
    sigpic
    1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
    2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
      That's only 7-9 hours of labor at typical rates ($85-100 per hour). You can't expect a major job to take much less than that.

Did you agree that he would do the work for free?
      I may have worded it incorrectly. I never expected anything at all for free, it just seemed like he takes advantage of my dad's lack of automotive knowledge and deep pockets, so that's why I was skeptical. I have no problem paying a person for their expertise and skills, I was just trying to find an alternative to his route. His estimate jumped from 3k to 4.5k to 6k for the rebuild, plus I paid him $1,200 the week before for cooling issues. With his route I would have been in the hole almost 8k, but instead I found an excellent donor and came out all in all for around 3k.

And he wanted $800 if I just decided to call it quits and scrap it. Basically all he did was pull the head off at that point. I don't think that's a $800 job, it seemed a little unreasonable.

Comment

Working...
      X