No announcement yet.

anybody ever move really far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know how you feel man. I moved from NY to Washington, but i had friends from college there and via them i became a part of a great group of guys....

Got back together with my GF in december and moved to Kansas..yea, Kansas. Im in school but aside from her and her lame friends i really dont know anyone. You just gotta be outgoing and make the effort. Im slowly getting into the swing of things here and making new friends, but dont get me wrong. I miss all my guys back east and in WA.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
    Sounds like you need a massage.
    Originally posted by kpeng
    Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Change "Del Taco" to "In-N-Out" and then we're talking

'04 Toyota Sienna AWD (sold)
      '86 BMW 325 coupe (owned since 10/11)
      '05 Subaru WRX sedan (sold)
      '86 Subaru GL-10 wagon (sold)
      '98 Acura Integra GS-R hatchback (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by be34st View Post
        One of the reasons I'll never move.

I have been known to make a six hour round trip drive to the SLC area for a Del Taco run. FredK thinks it's Tastykakes, but it's really all about Del Taco.

EDIT: ^ In-And-Out is okay, but a good local spot is better than even a Double Double Animal Style.

Comment

yeah i have to say the food here is a million times better. sepecially mexican food.
          sigpic

Comment

take it from someone who has Moved a ton, the last place you lived will always be "Better" than where you are at, in your mind (barring a move from say, the pit of the earth, to a civilized place).

it seems to me there are so many r3v'ers living in Cali, that should be a natural jumping off point for you. you should really look at this as these are dudes that have the same interests as you.

I understand exactly what you are going through.
            if you want to give Californication a real go, the first thing you have to do is "accept it" as home in your head, it is easier after that. and you will meet people in some strange places that you never thought of as long as your mind is open to it at the time..

best luck, it gets easier.
            Originally Posted by ACMF74
            i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

i think summer will make it easier too, plus a couple of my good friends are coming out next month. it is only going to get better.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm 33, moved to Germany(from LI, NY) about 4.5yrs ago with my Wife and (2) kids, and my Dog.

At first it seemed not that bad, but things usually get worse before they get better. They certainly did for me. But 4yrs later, I have met a few people I can hang out with and pretty much gotten the hang of how things work here, slow and expensive. Work's going well, language is coming along, but German's a bit harder than Spanish.

Keep you head up and make something of your situation.
                -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

I moved from Chicago to Lawton, Oklahoma for 2 years (what a f**kin dump)- then came here to Germany and been here since.- of course it's hard and lonely at first.

I sure do miss the food even after all these years here.

Comment

Lawrence, KS to Atlanta, GA. Im helped by the fact that I live with the g/f who is a student here but it has been harder making friends because of the nature of my work more than anything else (I travel 75% of the time).

It helps to get into organized activities like a kickball league or something, it creates reasons to make friends instead of just trying to chat up random people.
                    Im now E30less.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ryan, where do you usually travel to?
                      Yours truly,
                      Rich
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Rigmaster
                      you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

I've been thinking about taking a different job, and moving from Houston to Durango, CO.

I've always lived near the coast, and always thought I'd enjoy living somewhere near the mountains.

The only thing is that my folks, sisters, nephews and all are in Houston...i don't know...

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                          Ryan, where do you usually travel to?
                          Virtually anywhere I can get to from Hartsfield. Lately up and down the east coast. When I first moved here I was commuting, every week, between here and LAX. Sucked but I became a god with Delta.

Hopefully this may change and I might become a local quite soon.
                          Im now E30less.
                          sigpic

Comment

dont' ever move back, it's your way of telling everyone close to you "im weak and can't survive change"

go out there and own shit, own bitches and situations. then you'll get respect and friends will soon follow as well as $
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

yeah all very true. lots of people grow up and live in one town, and they see friends from high school around when theyre in their 40's and i know thats not gonna happen, even if i move back to jersey it wouldnt be to vernon, or sussex county.
                              sigpic

Comment

oone thing that would sure help is if you guys spread the word of my uncles truck! if i sell it someone one here will most likely sell a set of wheels. its a good cause.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X