What amount of money would make you comfortable?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by Jrey
    hah wow, very high income area i bet?
    That and people spend WAY too much of thier income on housing these days. Way to fucking much.

    Leave a comment:


  • VinniE30
    replied
    Originally posted by Jorgen
    What are you saying, you don't want to work in this engine bay with me?
    [Audi V8 engine bay with everything covered in plastic]
    Do not want. That's exactly what i'm talking about. I bet it's fast but still not as fun to drive as an e30.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jrey
    replied
    Originally posted by eskimo810
    That's crazy. Up here in Vermont, you can't buy a house for less then $175k or so. And those places are shitboxes. An averaged size, 3 bedroom/2 bathroom house built in the past 10 years easily fetches $300-350k.
    hah wow, very high income area i bet?

    theres a house across the street where i live and its on the market, i wonder how much its going for but its nice, bought by the bank, should be cheap
    Last edited by Jrey; 04-23-2012, 08:51 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Unrealistic - a huge lottery jackpot.

    Realistic - What I make now is good especially for my education and where I live. Modest home, wife and I both drive new cars, put plenty of money in savings/retirement. Go to the Carribean once a year.

    Once I pay off the last CC and get a bit more in savings, I'll start making triple payments on my truck.

    Then once the wife has finished moving her business to Tulsa and has the same income, we will likely start making triple-quadruple payments on the house. Our house will be paid off before I'm 40.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stanley Rockafella
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrian_Visser
    You should see the piece of shit houses that sell for 400k around here. Real Estate is in a downturn and still people are trying to sell their overpriced '70's houses like they are solid gold.
    My parents bought their house in Saskatchewan CASH in 2000 for just under 70k ( I think about 65ish). As of 2008 it was valued at just under 300k. It was built in the mid 60's

    It's just stupid to be spending so much on a house in Saskatchewan that is merely a bungalow ( 3 bedroom with shitty inop central air, leaky windows, no garage/carport, and a shitty crumbling foundation that needs to be repaired as it leaks in the basement like a MOFO every spring or rain storm). I can't imagine anyone spending anything more than the price they paid back in 2000

    Leave a comment:


  • CrusherCurtis
    replied
    $350k so I can buy a house. Buying a house is my only fear in life. Besides that I have more than I need and can generally can buy what ever I really want.

    Leave a comment:


  • Todd Black 88
    replied
    $360,000k
    That would pay off my mortgage and free up $3500 a month.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by Jorgen
    What are you saying, you don't want to work in this engine bay with me?

    no. hell no.

    Leave a comment:


  • nrubenstein
    replied
    Originally posted by lolcantturn
    Realistically guys- to be comfortable. I could say I want $10 million, but that's not feasible.
    The more you have, the more you need. ;). And comfortable to me requires not having to worry about where future income comes from.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jorgen
    replied
    Originally posted by VinniE30
    On the same note i'd be more happy with a couple nice e30s than any of the new fancy expensive sports cars which are a nightmare to work on and maintain.
    What are you saying, you don't want to work in this engine bay with me?

    Leave a comment:


  • eskimo810
    replied
    Originally posted by Jrey
    pfft, no bragging rights about this house but my dads is 4000sq ft. 3 stories, 6 bedroom home, 3 car garage built around 2007 or 2008 and its only valued between 250k-400k house values sucks here lol

    this whole area sucks where i live(Antelope Valley Area)
    That's crazy. Up here in Vermont, you can't buy a house for less then $175k or so. And those places are shitboxes. An averaged size, 3 bedroom/2 bathroom house built in the past 10 years easily fetches $300-350k.

    Leave a comment:


  • camshaftgsxr
    replied
    atm 500 a week would do me with extra, 1k a week would give me room to save up for parts at a pace beyond a snail, but i fear if i had any extra cash laying around my casual drinking might become a habit lol

    Leave a comment:


  • VinniE30
    replied
    I'm living comfortably on only $50k a year now. Once me and the GF live together it will be even cheaper with the split expenses.
    I would be more than comfortable with $100k a year. That's enough for anything I really want to do in life.. nice house, traveling, e30 and other hobbies..

    It's all about living within your means. I would be just as happy in a nice small affordable house in a nice location than the mini mansions that everyone wants today. I'd actually prefer a smaller house around 1000 sq ft to a bigger one.
    On the same note i'd be more happy with a couple nice e30s than any of the new fancy expensive sports cars which are a nightmare to work on and maintain.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jrey
    replied
    pfft, no bragging rights about this house but my dads is 4000sq ft. 3 stories, 6 bedroom home, 3 car garage built around 2007 or 2008 and its only valued between 250k-400k house values sucks here lol

    this whole area sucks where i live(Antelope Valley Area)

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by Threehz
    Being in school is a struggle. You can't work the hours you want, or commit to a career job because most of your time is devoted to school. Yet you need to pay the same bills that everyone else is paying.
    you can do it. it involves working nightshift, getting very little sleep, and having no social life.

    the upside - no school debt to saddle you down 10 years after you graduate.

    Leave a comment:

Working...