Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PIC HEAVY]So yeah i got pulled over....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably still not leagle because it is not factory. Just get a doctors note and you can tint all the glass you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrey View Post
      he(first cop that pulled me over the first time) didnt even mention my tint
      Well, I hate to say it, but you are finding out what's true in life, as opposed to what's fair-if you stand out at all, you are going to stand out in a bad way to some people. To me, your car looks sharp-to a cop, there's multiple violations that are just an invitation for them to dig a little deeper. Sometimes, scratching the surface leads to bigger violations, felony warrants-in other words, police investigative work. Sometimes, it just leads to a ticket and a person that is left feeling like they've been a little violated themselves.

I've been there myself, but it was 30 years ago. I grew up in a small town also, and there were bored cops then as well. Don't get me wrong, there are some cops that are just pricks, plain and simple. But having a modified car is (and always has been) a doorway for any officer to give you a second look. It's not fair. Get used to it, I've come to realize that very little in life is. I do realize now why the cops do it. Some are decent about it, and some are not.

Sorry, getting a bit preachy, but it's the preachings of an old guy that's been there, done that. Flying under the radar has huge benefits, but there's some people that just can't bring themselves to do that. In some cases people like that have brought much needed reforms to abusive agencies. In a lot of cases, the nail that sticks out gets the hammer. You got the hammer this time. Sucks, but it's hardly new.

Fix it tickets don't carry points or insurance adjustments, generally. Good luck, man, I've been to Rosamond, it's a small place to stand out in.
      1973 Bavaria

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
        Factory glass does have a tint to it, normally green but sometimes brown.
        Yep, with polarized glasses you can see the rainbow effect through the glass.

Comment

too bad tint is ghey

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Heres a checklist to avoid cops
            put your front plate on
            make sure all your lights are functional including license plate lights
            remove all your "illest" and other 45 degree angled stickers covering the rear window
            get rid of illegal tint
            make sure you have a decent exhaust
            remove your girls g string from the rear view mirror
            then go out and drive like an asshole. But when you get caught own it and accept responsibility.
            Ive had my license revoked,suspended and canceled over the years for driving like a dick. Ive never gotten a ticket I didnt deserve and Ive never been pulled over for doing "nothing"
            We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Brian D View Post
              Fix it tickets don't carry points or insurance adjustments, generally. Good luck, man, I've been to Rosamond, it's a small place to stand out in.
              Thanks man I appreciate what you posted honestly

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
              too bad tint is ghey
              Yeah it sucks having old school tint aint it? :P Having desert heat sucks ass especially when you have no tint in a car(past experience)

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
              put your front plate on
              remove all your "illest" and other 45 degree angled stickers covering the rear window
              get rid of illegal tint
              then go out and drive like an asshole. But when you get caught own it and accept responsibility.
              Ive had my license revoked,suspended and canceled over the years for driving like a dick. Ive never gotten a ticket I didnt deserve and Ive never been pulled over for doing "nothing"
              ^^This haha
              1986 325e (EUR)
              Grey Market
              Zinno
              327i Build
              Zender kit
              ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

Originally posted by ethrtyiS
              sweet! day after my first final. really getting waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up then!!

Comment

The first cop that got me told me "hey just change it so you wont get a fix-up ticket" straight up legit and lets me go.
                ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

OP, You do know driving on public roads is a privilege, if you don't like the laws in your state, move to another state, or walk/ride the bus. Unless you still live at home with Mom & Dad, then just STFU.

Comment

You broke the law, go cry about it to your mother.
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

i hate the cops along the 14 fwy area too. i have been pulled over more times over there than i have ever been in orange county. and i live here.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                        OP, You do know driving on public roads is a privilege, if you don't like the laws in your state, move to another state, or walk/ride the bus. Unless you still live at home with Mom & Dad, then just STFU.
                        hey man I understand what you're saying I know, its a privilege obviously but im sure you got pulled over for small things as well I maybe wrong but ya know to me seems unfair because what about other vehicles that attract twice the attention and has tinted windows that seem stock? yeah lifes not fair get over it STFU and move on I know the game, sorry I just took your comment to offense

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
                        1986 325e (EUR)
                        Grey Market
                        Zinno
                        327i Build
                        Zender kit
                        ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

sweet! day after my first final. really getting waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up then!!

Comment

I've only ever been pulled over for speeding. I deserved it EVERY time. I always made sure to follow all the little laws.

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                            put your front plate on
                            get rid of illegal tint
                            And lastly, stay off Blunt's lawn.

Fucker's getting mellow in his old age.

Comment

lol what percent are those? your allowed up to a light percentage. You should go to the CHP office and have them get their light meter out on a bright sunny day and check it. Also you don't need to go to court for this you just remove your tint and have a CHP officer check it off and you pay like a 25 dollar fee. Did it with my M3 but the tint was way past legal tint.
                              "I wanna see da boat movie"
                              "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                                lol what percent are those? your allowed up to a light percentage. You should go to the CHP office and have them get their light meter out on a bright sunny day and check it. Also you don't need to go to court for this you just remove your tint and have a CHP officer check it off and you pay like a 25 dollar fee. Did it with my M3 but the tint was way past legal tint.
                                Local PD pulled me over i dont think CHP has nothing to do about it?(New at this) Ticket just says court date and he told me to show up in court so idk

But this is what i found on CHPs site

Can I put after-market tinting on the windows of my vehicle?
                                The main requirements for legal window tinting in California are:

The windshield and front driver's side and passenger's side windows cannot receive any aftermarket tinting.
                                If the rear window of a vehicle is tinted, the vehicle must have outside rearview mirrors on both sides.
                                The law prohibits any person from driving any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows, with certain limited exceptions.

However, legislation signed into law effective January 1, 1999, exempts from the above prohibition specified clear, colorless, and transparent material that is installed, affixed, or applied to the front driver and passenger side windows for the specific purpose of reducing ultraviolet rays. If, as, or when this material becomes torn, bubbled or otherwise worn, it must be removed or replaced
                                1986 325e (EUR)
                                Grey Market
                                Zinno
                                327i Build
                                Zender kit
                                ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

Comment

Working...
                                X