Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PIC HEAVY]So yeah i got pulled over....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow do you read?
    (d) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), clear, colorless, and transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the front side windows, located to the immediate left and right of the front seat if the following conditions are met:
    (1) The material has a minimum visible light transmittance of 88 percent.
    (2) The window glazing with the material applied meets all requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205 (49 C.F.R. 571.205), including the specified minimum light transmittance of 70 percent and the abrasion resistance of AS-14 glazing, as specified in that federal standard.

deffiently says a transparent material (which is tint) on top of glass, then goes on to say a percentage about light. Well if it was clear it would let 100% light through so why do they give it a 88% because you can tint it tard. then with both glazing and material stacked ontop of each other it has to have minimum 70%. You clearly don't understand what notwithstanding means (please look it up), yes in the begining of code it says nothing but notwithstanding means although or in spite of what we said above if you meet the critirea stated below we will accept it (everything in red). You obviously don't know what it's saying so please stop trying to say your right

another thing to look at is why would they be talking about tears and bubbles if they arn't talking about a tint material? glazzing doesn't do that
    (5) If the material described in this subdivision tears or bubbles, or is otherwise worn to prohibit clear vision, it shall be removed or replaced.
    Last edited by Thizzelle; 04-27-2012, 09:58 AM.
    "I wanna see da boat movie"
    "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Wtf? are you all on your rag or something? Quit being fags

Comment

Go to court and show you fixed it. If they drop the ticket, awesome. If not, then pay the fine and move the fuck on.

It's not rocket science

Comment

Originally posted by skateimitation View Post
          Go to court and show you fixed it. If they drop the ticket, awesome. If not, then pay the fine and move the fuck on.

It's not rocket science
          Not gonna repeat myself sorry

Originally posted by Jrey View Post

i went to the station got the ticket sign off and on my way now i have to wait few weeks for the ticket to show in the system and i can go pay it, no problems anymore

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
          1986 325e (EUR)
          Grey Market
          Zinno
          327i Build
          Zender kit
          ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

Originally posted by ethrtyiS
          sweet! day after my first final. really getting waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up then!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jrey View Post
            ok? i didnt know it was "illegal" to have em, as other cars have worse tint in the front than i do honestly
            You admit that you've been pulled over for it before, but you didnt know it was illegal? S-m-r-t

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
              Wtf? are you all on your rag or something? Quit being fags
              how I'm I a fag when some guy tells me that I'm wrong about CA tint laws and I'm trying to explain to him that he's wrong. GTFO
              "I wanna see da boat movie"
              "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                You admit that you've been pulled over for it before, but you didnt know it was illegal? S-m-r-t
                I'm sorry if I didn't clarify myself the first time I got pulled over for taking a corner to quickly, the officer that time saw my euro plate in the front and told me to get rid of it and lets me go, no tickets just a warning, he never noticed the tint

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
                1986 325e (EUR)
                Grey Market
                Zinno
                327i Build
                Zender kit
                ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

Originally posted by ethrtyiS
                sweet! day after my first final. really getting waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up then!!

Comment

Originally posted by leothedrummer View Post
                  Please point out the part where the officer in OP's story abused his power and then explain why you think he is deserving of "revenge".
                  Let me add a smiley to that first bit.

Abusing his power is the part where the cop was treating him and his mom like a convict. Stopping a car for a checkup is fine for me, they got to do their job. But the officer could also say that he has to remove that tint because it's illegal to have any tint on your front windows. Maybe even a stop by the office to show it when it's off and clear the warning.
                  Throw in a "have a nice evening" and all is well.
                  The cop chose to act like a 17-yr old with some power and be a bully to everyone because he is an officer of the law and everyone should be listening to him... ( Repect my authoritha !!! )

Maybe it's just me, but every time I read a story about cops, the cops overreact like everyone is a bad guy with a bomb strapped to their chest ready to blow up.
                  I'm aware that there are beyond-strange people out there roaming the lands, but they seem to have forgotten that the majority of the people isn't like that. ( well, I hope so.... )

Comment

Originally posted by Bartholomeo View Post
                    Maybe it's just me, but every time I read a story about cops, the cops overreact like everyone is a bad guy with a bomb strapped to their chest ready to blow up.
                    I'm aware that there are beyond-strange people out there roaming the lands, but they seem to have forgotten that the majority of the people isn't like that. ( well, I hope so.... )
                    Did you miss the part where the cop was doing his job - and doing absolutely nothing wrong, btw - and then gets abused and insulted by OP's mother before he's even had a chance to do anything?

Abusing his power is the part where the cop was treating him and his mom like a convict. Stopping a car for a checkup is fine for me, they got to do their job. But the officer could also say that he has to remove that tint because it's illegal to have any tint on your front windows. Maybe even a stop by the office to show it when it's off and clear the warning.
                    Throw in a "have a nice evening" and all is well.
                    The cop chose to act like a 17-yr old with some power and be a bully to everyone because he is an officer of the law and everyone should be listening to him... ( Repect my authoritha !!! )
                    How do you know that the cop wasn't going to do exactly this? That ticket and treatment wasn't for the kid, it was for his mother. I'm curious to know what you do for a living; specifically if you deal with customers face-to-face. Walking into a store and making cheap shots at the salesmen, complaining about service and bitching about their product will not earn you a discount (contrary to what some people believe), but of course, what an arsehole that salesman was - as if he wouldn't give you a discount! Prick. But, if you were to walk on in, be pleasant and polite, you're gonna get looked after. It's not hard.

Sucks for OP, but his mother is the one to blame here and everything that happened is completely justifiable.

Comment

Working...
                    X