No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These guys are super hard to find in my area, but I'm looking at an 88 classic that runs and drives, fuel delivery issue though. The body is rusty, but not as bad as most 25 year old vehicles in our salt air. Interior is probably a 4. Leaks from all seals. It would be a new learning experience for me to work on and I need a truck since I sold my Wrangler. $750...anyone with more expertise than I want to chime in on pros and cons?
    Derek-

Comment

My friends is a 04.

Brought down from Canada. His dad picked it up in New York registered as a Freelander.

this is his 5 door. Sadly moved away to the Philippines. Tells me the offroad adventures are epic.

the 3 door battle ready with steelies

one with the e30

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
        I'm looking at an 88 classic that runs and drives, fuel delivery issue though. .......anyone with more expertise than I want to chime in on pros and cons?
        I know it's a million miles from you, but the one guy I know who knows what he's talking about is Gord'n at Lamorna Garage in Seattle. 206-361-7002 www.lamornagarage.com/index.html

He has ancient Series trucks, and everything up to LR4s coming into his shop. His own RRC is a converted diesel, which is a service he can provide. Tell him Mike & Cy sent you.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
          Please explain.

My girl wants one of these (d90/110) pretty bad although also would like a disco.
          As mentioned earlier, shares same powertrain, drivetrain, and suspension as a disco. Difference is a disco is 3k and a defender is 30k

Now if I had 30k to blow on an offroad toy you bet your ass it's going to be a G wagen. Defender is badass but not worth the premium.

Defender to disco is what E30 M3 is to a 318is so to speak.
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Here's an NAS 110 (modified)...

Click image for larger version

Name:	110 NAS tall.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	7159508

There's one here going about it's business in the NW Challenge in Washington..

Comment

Fun reading here...real expeditions, adventures, builds...

Discussions specific to the modification and service of Land Rover vehicles for Expedition Travel.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                Fun reading here...real expeditions, adventures, builds...

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru.../24-Land-Rover
                I'm quite familiar with that section of the forum, lol.
                1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Who wants to see what a $500 Disco 2 looks like?

My M52 RRC towing home Inufaye's $500 D2. It's in better condition than his D1!

Also, notice, D2 is around 4600lbs, dolley around 200, and my RRC around 4600lbs. My little M52 was pulling over 10,000lbs. Probably the only M52 to ever do so.
                  1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I know it's a million miles from you, but the one guy I know who knows what he's talking about is Gord'n at Lamorna Garage in Seattle. 206-361-7002 www.lamornagarage.com/index.html
                    Thanks for the info! I'll give him a call tomorrow and see what he thinks. Maybe shoot over some pics.
                    Derek-

Comment

Here is Bill Burke's no BS D90. He's a well-regarded off-road skills instructor.

Name:	Burke~2.jpg
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	7159515

Name:	bill-burke1.jpg
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	7159514

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
                        ...want to chime in on pros and cons?
                        Derek - the main con I can think of is called "Lucas." (Your Results May Vary)

Comment

What do yall think about this?

He wants to trade for my benz

my car:

Comment

It looks pretty good, looks like all maintenance is done.

Excited to throw a battery on this bitch and see if it will start.
                            1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
                              It looks pretty good, looks like all maintenance is done.

Excited to throw a battery on this bitch and see if it will start.
                              Update sig.
                              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Derek - the main con I can think of is called "Lucas." (Your Results May Vary)
                                Funny you should mention that....my concern exactly.
                                Derek-

Comment

Working...
                                X