Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with James.

Super super simple to work on. It's a 1960s pushrod V8....it's really no different from a SBC in that regard.

M70 is more bolt in than an M6x. Trust me...
    The M30 could bolt up too, no? Or is it too long for the engine bay? Just imagine a turbo M30 Rover...

Originally posted by bcausey View Post
    How much for the heads?
    -Alex

Comment

M30 is mid sump (b34) or front (B35)....

Need rear sump to clear the front axle. I looked into it, I'd love a B35 Rover.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Land Rover Heritage Department

"Land Rover has a nearly 70-year heritage of building some of the most sought-after off-roaders. Given their robust construction, it should come as no surprise than an estimated 70 percent of them are still on the road (or off it). In order to support those vehicles, the British automaker has announced the new Land Rover Heritage department.

The division will aid Land Rovers that are at least 10 years old. That means supplying stockpiled, salvaged or reconstructed parts for models like the classic Range Rover, Discovery 1 and 2, and Series I, II and III. That will also include earlier Defenders, as well as other models in the future as they come of age."

Land Rover Heritage was established to keep old models on and off the road by supplying parts for classic Landies and allowing enthusiasts to drive them – starting with this 1970 Range Rover Classic displayed at Techno Classica in Essen.

"It’s no secret that older Land Rover products sometimes suffer from what we’ll call—with near-British understatement—occasional reliability issues. It’s a point that’s been officially acknowledged by the company itself with the launch of the new Land Rover Heritage Division, which is intended to help owners look after some of the brand’s older products."

Comment

So I sold the disco a month ago. I miss it but I wasn't driving it and had to make room for the new DD. 40 mile daily commutes in an offroad truck or a track E30 just wasn't happening. Here is the last photos I took the day I sold her. It cleaned up amazingly well.

1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Man that is one beautiful D1!

Sorry you had to let it go.

I wish these got better MPGs.....I've been DDing mine the part two weeks. 80 miles round trip over a mountian. 14.2 MPG on the Ultragauge.

It's such a nice driver though.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
              Man that is one beautiful D1!

Sorry you had to let it go.

I wish these got better MPGs.....I've been DDing mine the part two weeks. 80 miles round trip over a mountian. 14.2 MPG on the Ultragauge.

It's such a nice driver though.

It wasn't as clean as it looked, but it was a good runner. Unfortunately someone attempted to steal it before I sold it, so the ignition lock cylinder was fubar'd.

It's pretty bad when I consider 21mpg out of the LS good compared to this, lol.
              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I just wanna sell my e30 and do Rover things.

BUHHHHHH

Comment

This makes me want a lifted disco 1/2.

How reliable are these?

I am looking for a large 4x4 that I can tow small boats with, sleep in (I'm 6'3"), offroad, and drive somewhat daily. I used to drive a disco 1 in high school and would love to own another. Jeeps are too small or else I would be looking at those.
                  Last edited by mbonanni; 04-29-2015, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Cannot sleep in a D1…way too short, even with no back seats.

Comment

Seats don't go down in these things? What a bummer. At this point I won't be able to sleep in anything, so owell. What problems should I consider when looking at these discos?

Really liking the price and miles on this one

Owner said 3/4 windows don't roll down and the paint is faded. Not too big of a deal. It is a 4x4 after all.

Comment

RRC LWB.....they have room.

Comment

I like those as well. They are a little more pricey to get into though. Disco's seem to be more my price range.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                            Seats don't go down in these things? What a bummer.
                            Jump seats fold into the side panels at the back, rear seat folds up against the back of the front seats. Practical for gear and stuff, but I'd have to crunch up diagonally to even fit, and I'm not 6-3!

My son and I slept on the roof rack last weekend on a fishing excursion. Fun, but you DON'T want to get up in the dark to pee and step off the side by accident!

Comment

Sleeping inside is not a huge deal to me. Most likely will have other stuff back there anyways.

Going to keep an eye out for a RRC or Disco 1/2. These look more fun than jeep xj's.

Comment

D2 IMO is better. Slam a CDL linkage in and /done.

Nice and modern, but not overly complex.

Comment

Working...
                                X