Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does the average girl know about cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post

That is so insulting to women.
    You're gunna be that guy huh?

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek
      I pointed out a very nice e46 m3 to a female friend one time and she said it looked just like any other car. Most people don't know shit about cars, male or female.
      my 12y/o daughter says the same thing. She points to most cars that are older then 1975 and thinks they are pretty cool- E30s are meh...... and everything else looks like mom's boring e46.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
        my 12y/o daughter says the same thing. She points to most cars that are older then 1975 and thinks they are pretty cool- E30s are meh...... and everything else looks like mom's boring e46.
        My little sister is the same. E30s are OK, but isettas, bugs, vw vans, 2002, 1600s are all better.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

The last chick I dated was fine with simply knowing how to put gas in her car, and wasn't even sure what model it was.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
            Erm... Not quite.

Comment

I once met a girl that started talking about the cam and cylinder bore specs on the engine she just rebuilt.

TMI

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
                You're sadly mistaken:rofl:
                My girlfriend is learning quite a bit ;) She actually wants me to teach her which was shocking to me.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                  how much does the average guy know about cars?
                  I was just thinking this. Poll the average guy on the different fluids you can put in a car, and see how many can even make it to 2, let alone the 7 that are in a stock 325i.

Of course, if it doesn't exist on an e30, I'm generally oblivious to it in the car world. I tell people I'm not a car guy, I'm an old POS BMW guy ;-)
                  -------------------------------------------------
                  1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
                  2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

As mentioned, I think the real question should be 'How much does the average r3v'r know about cars?'
                    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                    Originally posted by mbonanni
                    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Engine oil, coolant, tranny fluid, diff fluid, windshield washer liquid, brake fluid...freon/whatever ac refrigerant they use now?
                      Damnit, Freon! I missed one! That makes 8. You missed gasoline ;-)

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

You guys missed clutch slave fluid ;)(brake fluid) Im not sure e30s have them but I was recently assisting work on a few older cars with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                          You guys missed clutch slave fluid ;)(brake fluid) Im not sure e30s have them but I was recently assisting work on a few older cars with them.
                          Also missed
                          Blood, mucus, urine, fecal matter
                          these cars are old....
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                          1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                          1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                          1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Umm tranny fluid, diff fluid...???

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                              Same fluid and reservoir as the brake fluid, so I'm not counting it as different. We're still at 8 for all those saying we missed stuff.

sigpic

Comment

Engine oil, coolant, tranny fluid, diff fluid, windshield washer liquid, brake fluid...freon/whatever ac refrigerant they use now?
                                Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                                Umm tranny fluid, diff fluid...???

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X