Anyone else dealing with this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else dealing with this?

Seems like my life has just been left behind, I am 25 and have one true friend that lives 1,300 miles away. Everyone that I know or was friends with has moved away/gotten married and having kids. Reason for me staying here; I have been working construction for the last 14 years for my father. I was home schooled and that is how I started at 11, no I did not start by carrying shit around. Laid my first 2 story roof that summer. I am not upset at my job path, I am a master of all the trades for house construction. My father gave that too me and I just don't know what to do. I want to move away, see another place live some where new.

But with my father's issues, the heavy lifting and stuff is taken care of by my brother and I to get the work done. Father hurt his knee and shoulder and is unable to lift over 50lbs without issues the next day. With my brother joining in the Navy next year and my Dad's issues with moving things I see my life flashing and going no where but Binghamton NY.

Money is not the problem, it is just I am stuck in the middle of bum fuck no where. No friends or anyone to meet up with. Only e30 local is FrankM and he made time to do something in the last 3 years I have know him for the first time this year.

I wake to work and spend time building my e30, once that is done I will have nothing to outlet into but building furniture.

I used to play Halo on XBL and have some amazing friends on there that I have met in person. But with quitting that to restore order in my life I feel move of a void for interaction.

Sorry for the rant, post up as much "forever alone" shit mock my life. I am not affected by what people say.

But does anyone else feel how I am right now?
    Last edited by F34R; 05-19-2012, 05:05 PM.
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Lookfor social sports leagues. Most places have them. Gets you out of the house one or two nights a week for a game and some beers. Im talking rec not competive.

Comment

go make friends. spend less time on R3V.

Comment

kinda ironic. once I deleted my fb, I started going on r3v a shit ton more to have some sort of online interaction w/ others.

but to op, maybe start taking some jc classes? you can meet a lot of ppl and jc girls are easy to bang LOL. this may also expand your career opportunities if you're not satisfied w/ your current one.

Comment

Move. Start new. You only have one lifetime to live out all your dreams, and spinning your wheels in one place because it's comfortable will get you nowhere fast, blink your eyes, you'll be 40, and loathe everything you've become.

Get out of your comfort zone, pack up and go on an adventure, remember most old people say youth is wasted on the young. Don't let the life you want pass you by on the highway, with you in the slow lane.

Comment

sounds like you need a trip to the left coast.

you would love it here.

Comment

I hear that. 2nd shift have put a huge damper on my social life on top of scheduled OT...can't complain about a pay check but it comes at a shitty sacrifice.
              Swanny!
              SUCKERS.

Comment

Not depressed at all, and I have been thinking of just going into the navy for the hell of it. It just feels odd with my e30 almost being done. And my time spent on here is pretty much research. Just had to vent or something I honestly feel a ton better. Life is layers and I need something new, I am only attached to my car. No woman to worry about etc.

Please note that I love who I am and what I have done. I regret nothing, just seeing this chapter coming to a close and wondering what I need to do. I could take over and do what I have been doing. I want more than that, I have no desire to get married or have children. I have one longing in life, building cars it where I am happy. I have just been trying to get to the bottom of why I am so quick to anger. Thank you carbon fiber :) your sage advice has spoken to what I have been thinking: I don't have to take over my fathers place. He can just do plumbing or bathrooms etc. I need to go on an adventure or something.
                Last edited by F34R; 05-19-2012, 04:39 PM.

Current cars:
                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                ~ '87 535
                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek
                  Do you want a woman to worry about?
                  Currently I have 6 women that want to go out with me. I have zero desire to worry about someone. I have my e30 and that has lasts through 4 relationships. Negative on wanting someone else to share my life with. I just miss having buddies to chill with. Weird how they get married and they need to watch some chick flick every weekend. That is not for me...

My best friend lives in FL and I have been thinking of moving there. But the Navy is something I have always wanted to do. Could get stationed there and go 4 years and see how I like it.

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

was just up in your neck of the woods today, North east of oneonta in some state forest land on a job. Blenium State Forest I think

Only thing I can tell you is that you have a skill set that will get you work anywhere you wish to go, though the pay rates may vary. Live moves on this is part of growing and happens to most of us. I live 2k miles from family and old friends, so I just have gone out and made new ones. This is not something we can tell you the right or wrong way to go this is your decision and yours alone to make.

That said you live in a great area for both scenery, and shit to do if your into the out doors kinda stuff. Pick up a hobby other than car stuff, like kayaking, MT biking, hiking and other stuff that you can join in with clubs or groups that do similar things.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

If it makes you feel better, I'm in a similar situation. Except I have a low paying job :(
                      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

work through it. Find new passions. You can always create. Nothing can stop you from creating but yourself. Learn to accept that for now you are on your own and embrace that. Strength and wisdom come from situations like this. Grab this opportunity and make yourself better. You may never have a chance to work on yourself again.
                        Yours truly,
                        Rich
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Rigmaster
                        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Whoa, r3v got deep.
                          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Sounds like you need to do at least one of a couple things:

1. Take a year off and travel. I don't mean take a month long vacation here and there, I mean don't comeback to this country for 12 months. A year away will help you reset and prepare to continue where you are. One of my cousin's just up and left to teach english in thailand for a year cuz he needed to get away from home and the family business.

2. Pick up and move your life elsewhere. Clearly you're in a situation where you've reached about as far as you're gonna go in your home town. You have the skills to work anywhere in this country, that's evident. All you need is the courage to get out. The west coast or south east will bring you some awesome experiences. You'll have a ton of work in New Orleans if you want to rebuild. Texas and Louisiana are prime for housing construction.
                            stephenbrody.com

Comment

I know we're a bunch of mean ass fuckers on here, but thanks from the bottom of my heartless troll soul.

I have two engines to rebuild and swap before I can just up and leave. I am going after that be it Military or some new place etc. I just love my family so much that I thought I had to stay and keep things moving. fact is my Father TAUGHT me lol, he can do whatever he wants. Has been doing it way before I was born, no need for me to think I have to carry on here.

I have 600 for airfare good for this year, I have invites to come stay for a bit in Oregon, FL or NM.
                              Last edited by F34R; 05-19-2012, 05:43 PM.

Current cars:
                              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                              ~ '87 535
                              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
                              X