X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    Maybe p and r can also stand for ponies and rule34

Comment

I had a '94 (NA) Miata for about 7 years before I moved to my E30. I loved that car, very simple to work on and dead reliable. I got it into nearly pristine condition before I sold it.

The E30 is much more annoying to repair. If I had to remove 2 things on the Miata to do a job, the E30 requires me to remove 5 things. Everything seemed easier and less expensive on the Miata.

As for performance, '94 was the first year for the 1.8, and it was a great little engine. With the 5-speed, it was fun to drive around town and good for autocross. For suspension, I installed Koni Sports with stock springs and aftermarket tophats for a little bit of drop, plus a beefed up front swaybar. It rode well and cornered perfectly. My E30 convertible is not nearly as planted in corners.

I sold the Miata because my wife kept complaining that we needed enough seats for the whole family. I would buy one again. That said, I love my E30 too and I probably won't go back.

As for gay? What a load of horseshit. Grow the fuck up.

Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
      1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
      Palm Beach County

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
        I thought that was a serious question, because jokes are typically funny

:(
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by jgilber0 View Post
          I don't think many people say it seriously, it's much in the same vein as "BMW drivers must all have broken left wrists!"

Comment

Originally posted by jgilber0 View Post

I agree 100%.

Not all hairdressers are gay.
            Originally posted by codyep3
            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
            2010 F650gs twin
            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
              I agree 100%.

Not all hairdressers are gay.
              That's the spirit!
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I'm not really invested, never been a Miata guy, but they are the definition of a small light minimal sports car. Lightweight, enough(?) power, good handling and brakes, no top, good looking, fun to drive - that's what a sports car was.
                ....Alfa, MG, Triumph, Lotus, Austin Healey, Morgan, AC, Jaguar, 356, BMW 507, etc, etc. They were / are cool. And there's no racing series for shit like the Pontiac Solstice, the Fiero, those kinds of "cute" "sporty" cars.

No one realizes this thing is essentially the modern Lotus Elan, which is always mentioned with a tone of vintage coolness? That's where the inspiration came from, and the backbone chassis, and the twincam 4... (But the Miata is reliable and has no Lucas parts?)

Just curious why all the baggage over the years. Is it maybe because the old cars looked better?

As you were, carry on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1565673_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	7198418

Name:	file.jpg
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	7198419

Name:	landscape-1436469284-lotus-elans-john-lamm-0883-lead.jpg
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	7198420

Name:	1964_lotus_elan-pic-56679-640x480.jpg
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	7198421

Name:	lotus-elan-chassis.jpg
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	7198422

Comment

They're better stock than modified half-assed.

I liked mine, found it simple and fun, but my wife briefly had a sub-10k mile stock-except-tires example and it was a joyful, fun thing compared to my modified (I didn't do any of it) car.

I didn't fit properly until I installed Elise seats on ultra-low brackets.
                  1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

This sort of appeals to me....with a Ford in it.....

Name:	MX5 underground.jpg
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	7198423

Comment

I don't really like the NCs much, but that looks pretty good.

Comment

That's sexy! I really enjoyed the NC I had as a DD for about 1.5 years. It was completely stock except for a tune and better tires.

My NA track car was less fun on the street. Harness, fixed back seats, 800/500 XIDAs, etc.

Neither of dealers down here has an ND2 yet.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Ive always had a soft spot for them and being the older ones are 4x100 there is always a home waiting should I decide to try something other than a E30... well, Miata and a MR2-Spyder also. Both are light and can be pretty fun if you get them to around 200bhp. Living in SoCal means an open top can be driven most of the year too...
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The NDs are back to 4x100. The only reason the NCs were 5x114.3 is because they shared the platform with the RC-8.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              The NDs are back to 4x100. The only reason the NCs were 5x114.3 is because they shared the platform with the RC-8.

Which years are the ND?
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

ND are the new ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X