Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL D0e.

I'm gonna be converting its suspension to 505 Turbo specs

(slightly shorter, stiffer springs, thicker sways)

It already has Koni's that are 4 years old.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Looks fantastic! How plentiful are european bumpers around cali?
      1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
      1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
      1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
      My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

I kind of like these but only with some major mods. The guy who owns a local salvage yard here has a turbo one, says he's owned dozens of them, and has at least 5 or so rotting out in the yard, which is kind of sad.
        My Feedback

Comment

Agha you need to be blasting Googoosh when you cruise this thing. Button up shirt with the top two unbuttoned, chest hair, gold chain. haha
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
            Agha you need to be blasting Googoosh when you cruise this thing. Button up shirt with the top two unbuttoned, chest hair, gold chain. haha
            Shahram Shabpareh is a little more fitting in a Peugeot. Googoosh is better in an Alfa Romeo. :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
              Shahram Shabpareh is a little more fitting in a Peugeot. Googoosh is better in an Alfa Romeo. :nice:
              oh shit!!!
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                Agha joon already have in-car hookah and farsh floor mats all around

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
                My pops, the original owner of this car is named Mansour....

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

I always thought Mansour sounded like a gay Persian man's name. Stefan is the American equivalent.

Comment

Hi guys & gals,

Nearly 4 years to the day since the last update here, so thought I'd say hello. Last fall (2017), went to the annual Best of France and Italy car show in Van Nuys (day after SoCal Vintage, same exact venue) and met up with a lot of old Peugeot friends.

Even ran into this guy!

My old boss and some more work buds tagged along

All of the shiny French (and Italian) vintage automobiles got me missing my own, which had fallen back into a slump of neglect, and had transformed as my parents' garage shelf, only a few years after getting some aesthetic help from Oliver. So I made a few calls, and the Peugeot hit the road to SoCal for the first time since the 1980s when my dad lived in Rosemead

Voila! Safe and sound in Los Angeles / Diamond Bar.

Started to unravel the goodies that I had tucked away years back...

Arrived at the largest Peugeot graveyard on the West Coast

89 505 V6 receiving a transplant

A little cluttered and dirty, but found the donor car for my interior

Nestled in between brothers and sisters...

Behold the beautiful duct-tape firewall, a vintage 20 yr old creation courtesy of my father

Yuck!

Eww

Out and about

Oil and filter taken apart

Hanging out with maestro aka the original owner

Cleaning and prepping

Reversing years and years of corrosion

Hnnnggg

jet hot ceramic coating, done by Ducati of Beverly Hills

new RF fender procured (old one was warped/unintentionally flared from a 10 yo accident)

repaired LF door (was banged up pretty good by debris in the wind)

donor interior ready, updated and better designed seats + rear headrest from an 84

old interior yanked out, will eventually be turned into bedroom furniture :)

homemade steel-braided sunroof cable, far superior to flimsy stuff from the factory

Representing Stuttgart and Sochaux...

Fast forward a month.... or three

Maestro Ukit himself. The amount of knowledge this man has about these old lions is unreal.

Sunroof fitted all nice and snug

Donor headliner installed, hopefully to become a template for a fresh new one.

1984+ model front overhead console installed with map light.

Trunk all tidied up with new shocks - additional one welded-on the passenger side to accomomdate additional weight from the Turbo model rear wing

Dat rear.

And another just because..

European H4 Marchal headlamps fitted ..... 10 years later...

Then, because the E30 was down for the count, the 505 suddenly because my daily for the first time since high school lol.

Inaugural shakedown / test drive / weekend drive from LA to San Diego

Enjoying the beach in La Jolla :D

As you can see, the color of the upholstery isn't quite correct, but it'll do for now

Rear headrests are cool... modern update from the newer model years

Dashboard also isn't the correct color. But it'll have to do until I snag the NOS, correct brown dash I located in Vermont

And one more rear end shot because I'm obsessed

All for now

SP

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

DOOOD! your fookin killing it with the pic with Jay Leno and the "Bosch Pilot" fog light covers! (I had the same on my 86 325es).

Awesome update and thanks for sharing!
                      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Nice save. The owner of the local salvage yard is into these cars and has like 10 of these just sitting rotting away, makes me sad. Are there any rare/desirable parts for these cars that people want?
                        My Feedback

Comment

Outstanding update! A great example of being a true automotive caretaker.

Comment

Aw yeah!

Originally posted by whysimon
                            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Wonderful Update!

I LOVE those Euro H4s
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                                DOOOD! your fookin killing it with the pic with Jay Leno and the "Bosch Pilot" fog light covers! (I had the same on my 86 325es).

Awesome update and thanks for sharing!
                                Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                                Outstanding update! A great example of being a true automotive caretaker.
                                Originally posted by FredK View Post
                                Aw yeah!
                                Thank you all!

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Wonderful Update!

I LOVE those Euro H4s
                                Thank you my love. BTW - please let me know whenever you're back up in the Bay Area (or I'll let you know when I'm in LA) for our kabob date.

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                                Nice save. The owner of the local salvage yard is into these cars and has like 10 of these just sitting rotting away, makes me sad. Are there any rare/desirable parts for these cars that people want?
                                There are definitely parts that I want! Please let me know when you're next headed over there, maybe we could communicate via text? Would love to see photos of the cars / parts he's got.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X