Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    why would radio shack have a nikon camera lens?
    I told the guy I didn't know they sold that stuff, he responded that they did and seemed annoyed. Probably because he will be out of a job in a few weeks.

Just another example of why they are under. Tried to do too much.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Scored 70% off! insane

~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

92 325iC M Technic 2 Appearance Package, 90k.

Driverside got t-boned, but no major damage, over weekend replaced fender and door, 3 missing M panels on the way then body shop can finish her up.

Comment

Best solder wick in the world. You have to search for this Chinese brand that they actually mis-spell the word "solder" If you ever need to repair electronics - this is the good stuff.

Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by codyep3
            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
            2010 F650gs twin
            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
              Scored 70% off! insane

well, those look like nice clothes-especially the pants. i guess you can call me a cheap ass because there is no way i would justify spending that kind of money on an outfit even at the sale price.

when we decide we want to buy clothing, my wife and i go to a certain second hand clothing store and sort through to find good quality name brands like levis, banana republic, polo, tommy bahama, etc. with a 50% off card, we usually spend a little over 100.00 for approx. 30 articles of clothing between the two of us. that way i get to spend more money on bmw's(or dry cleaning). we probably spend well over 50.00/month getting or fancy clothes cleaned/starched/pressed.
              Last edited by flyboyx; 06-17-2015, 08:45 AM.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                I told the guy I didn't know they sold that stuff, he responded that they did and seemed annoyed. Probably because he will be out of a job in a few weeks.

Just another example of why they are under. Tried to do too much.
                my biggest complaint with "the shack" is that they mostly sell a bunch of cheap crap for relatively high prices. every time i would need a specialized electrical component, i would drive over there and they would never have what i was looking for. a few weeks ago, i went looking for a backup power supply for my iPad. their 60% off price was still more than i could buy it for on amazon.

my perception was that the place was always pretty much worthless anyway. seems like it was an entity run by idiots with no clear direction or business model.
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

well, those look like nice clothes-especially the pants. i guess you can call me a cheap ass because there is no way i would justify spending that kind of money on an outfit even at the sale price.

when we decide we want to buy clothing, my wife and i go to a certain second hand clothing store and sort through to find good quality name brands like levis, banana republic, polo, tommy bahama, etc. with a 50% off card, we usually spend a little over 100.00 for approx. 30 articles of clothing between the two of us. that way i get to spend more money on bmw's(or dry cleaning). we probably spend well over 50.00/month getting or fancy clothes cleaned/starched/pressed.
                  I normally buy everything I can from thrifting, but some items I can not(pants, dress shirts, underwear) I normally try to save money by buying on eBay but it is a chance by getting lucky with the size I need. While Levis, Banana Republic and Tommy are expensive, they are all made outside of the USA and do not hold a candle to made in USA by artisans that pour their passion into design and constructing the finest and most long lasting items you can buy.

The same is said about my leather work, you can go out and buy a belt from Target, Walmart and it all says 'Genuine leather' on it, while what they say is correct on being leather, they are lying to you about what grade of leather. Ever wonder why a belt will literally pull apart?! It is because they use the bottom grain after the top grain is removed and sold to makers like myself. The bottom grain is heat pressed with a top grain 'look'. My wallets are completely hand stitched to be stronger than any sewing machine. It is labor intensive but people seek it out because they respect the craft and passion that goes into each item.

Same can be said about what you spend money on for jeans and shirts. I live a lifestyle that supports the 4% of made in USA goods, I do not buy made in China I like to put my money back into Americans and it does cost more...but my clothing is not something I will replace in a few years, it is something made and designed to last decades. It is purely a viewpoint that I found when crafting leather work, I feed the circle of made in USA and support others like myself.

I am not alone! I know MrSleeve is a HIGH advocate of buying Filson(some items now not made in USA) he is also a supporter of my company, BWeiss leather among a huge number of our community!

Two things to live by:

Quality over Quantity
                  &
                  Buy once Cry once

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I normally buy everything I can from thrifting, but some items I can not(pants, dress shirts, underwear) I normally try to save money by buying on eBay but it is a chance by getting lucky with the size I need. While Levis, Banana Republic and Tommy are expensive, they are all made outside of the USA and do not hold a candle to made in USA by artisans that pour their passion into design and constructing the finest and most long lasting items you can buy.

The same is said about my leather work, you can go out and buy a belt from Target, Walmart and it all says 'Genuine leather' on it, while what they say is correct on being leather, they are lying to you about what grade of leather. Ever wonder why a belt will literally pull apart?! It is because they use the bottom grain after the top grain is removed and sold to makers like myself. The bottom grain is heat pressed with a top grain 'look'. My wallets are completely hand stitched to be stronger than any sewing machine. It is labor intensive but people seek it out because they respect the craft and passion that goes into each item.

Same can be said about what you spend money on for jeans and shirts. I live a lifestyle that supports the 4% of made in USA goods, I do not buy made in China I like to put my money back into Americans and it does cost more...but my clothing is not something I will replace in a few years, it is something made and designed to last decades. It is purely a viewpoint that I found when crafting leather work, I feed the circle of made in USA and support others like myself.

I am not alone! I know MrSleeve is a HIGH advocate of buying Filson(some items now not made in USA) he is also a supporter of my company, BWeiss leather among a huge number of our community!

Two things to live by:

Quality over Quantity
                    &
                    Buy once Cry once

Speaking of bweiss, I might grab some stuff from you, I'm needing to replace some of my stuff.
                    Originally posted by flyboyx
                    how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                    Originally posted by Northern
                    beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                    Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                    Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                    '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                    Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                      Speaking of bweiss, I might grab some stuff from you, I'm needing to replace some of my stuff.
                      Running 20% off right now till the 21 :) shoot me a message on facebook to avoid giving etsy a cut of my hard work!

BWeiss, Denver, CO. 970 likes · 16 talking about this. Hand crafted from me to you.

Items are limited to most popular, I do custom orders and requests...message me above in the facebook link^^^^
                      Shop items by BWeissLeather located in Denver, Colorado.

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Two things to live by:

Quality over Quantity
                        &
                        Buy once Cry once

you definitely make a fantastic point that i agree with. about the only argument that i can thinly muster would be to say the the thrift store we buy our second hand clothes from is owned by an american? 8)

i see leather goods as something other than clothing however. to me its more of a durable item rather than something to be worn/worn out/ tossed in the trash or re donated. the items you sell seem more like something one would keep for the rest of their life. i view clothing this way. i am actually very hard on my attire. when i am home, i always have some project to work on. in my mind when i start on something, i usually think: ah, this isn't going to be messy or dirty. as a result, i generally wind up ruining whatever it is that i happen to have on. when it only costs about 3 to 5 bucks, i don't care that much. if i spent 90 bucks on a pair of pants, i would be pretty pissed.

i have been checking out your leather from time to time. by the end of the year i plan to pick up a couple items....
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

you definitely make a fantastic point that i agree with. about the only argument that i can thinly muster would be to say the the thrift store we buy our second hand clothes from is owned by an american? 8)

i see leather goods as something other than clothing however. to me its more of a durable item rather than something to be worn/worn out/ tossed in the trash or re donated. the items you sell seem more like something one would keep for the rest of their life. i view clothing this way. i am actually very hard on my attire. when i am home, i always have some project to work on. in my mind when i start on something, i usually think: ah, this isn't going to be messy or dirty. as a result, i generally wind up ruining whatever it is that i happen to have on. when it only costs about 3 to 5 bucks, i don't care that much. if i spent 90 bucks on a pair of pants, i would be pretty pissed.

i have been checking out your leather from time to time. by the end of the year i plan to pick up a couple items....
                          Salvation Army sells second-hand clothing and I go through and selection makers like Pendelton, Woolrich, Filson for pennies on the dollar. the money I spend there goes directly into the local community. So yes I would argue that me sourcing high-end goods from thrift stores like the Salvation Army supports Americans.

I wear American-made denim, it cost more, but it is made to a higher standard and from better fabric. I get more years out of my jeans and I take my older pairs and rotate them into work jeans. Typically men will buy two pairs of jeans a year, I buy one pair and they cost roughly the same amount or lower than one pairs of Levis. This is completely subjective and most men will keep one pair for years as their nice jeans and just use the old ones forever from high school. What I do and what others do is up to them and their lifestyle. I do not push my way of thinking onto others, but I do tend to sway opinions purely from logical thinking and explanation of how clothing is made and the differences between selvedge denim and run of the mill denim. We could get into the weight of the denim and go right down to left hand or slubby construction of the fabrics! I never used to be into clothing, I wore Abercrombie because women liked it. When I started BWeiss I wanted to take a dive into American made and offer goods that are of the same make and quality of high-end makers, this all started because I was pissed at my belt falling apart and I researched on the differences in leather, I found a maker and ALMOST bought the belt! it was 140.00 and I went, why? what makes that 140.00? I bought a hide and I entered the learning curve in the world of leather craft. I had some experience with tooling leather a few years before but never went anywhere with it.

I have since found issues with different types of leather, my first run was with 100% USA top grain leather BUT the error was I used a cow hide and the issue there is stretch marks allow the belts to stretch in the middle. I have since switched to English Bridle that is made from bulls. I am nearly a year in on it and it is only stretched 1/8"!

Monkey Madness is my first wallet customer ever, the wallet was the Genisis of my break through into constructing complicated pieces. I have since made intricate purses and duffle bags.

Thanks for keeping me in mind for future items! I ALWAYS discount our members! I would not be where I am now without the community stepping up and buying items to help me progress my craft and technique.

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Took advantage of all koni's being 25 percent off this month only. New rears for 190 shipped to my door from turnermotorsport

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Buy a Tin Cloth jacket from Filson and tell me you can kill it faster than at least 2 Carhart and get back to me. Buy a double tin logger and you will never need another spring/fall work coat for the rest of your life, as a "normal" kinda guy....

brandon check out Texas Jeans (made in SC ) they are very good for the price point for a all made in the USA product and I still need to send you items dont I
                              Last edited by mrsleeve; 06-17-2015, 02:23 PM.
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Obviously not my photo, but my CD changer in the S4 recently died, and the dash unit won't play burned CD's.

So, screw it all.

No E30 Club
                                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X