Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      Helps to preheat the parts to out-gas before coating. I chemical clean, media blast, bake, maybe blast again (since oil will come out of the pores), then coat and bake. If it wasn't bakes before you started polishing, then the oil vapors would come out during the process. :(
      Yep, exactly what happened.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
      HSAX Instructor

Comment

on its way to me now. I hope.

;D
        cars beep boop

Comment

Nice!
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

For the iS. Also picked up a halfshaft for it, not pictured.

P.S; car runs now :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by flyboyx
            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
            Originally posted by Northern
            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
              Do us all a favor, and post up again in 2 years how the battery is doing. Just for some insight into how it performs.

I had to swear off red tops when it didn't last more than a year and a half. Then I got a competitor's brand one a warranty from auto-zone, and lasted about a year too.
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

^ I ran a red-top in my S52 E30 for ~6 years.

Bought it out in San Diego. Car and battery moved to Flagstaff. Drove the car through my first winter here. Every winter after I would store it at a buddies house. No tender or disconnection. Would swing by every month or so and fire it up.

Sold the car with that battery in it.

Weird that your experience was so much different.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                  ^ I ran a red-top in my S52 E30 for ~6 years.

How long ago was that? Quality has gone down quite a bit over the last several years. I can't stand them. Optima sponsored Champ Car events we did about 4-5 year ago amd we were rquired to run them. It was were worse that last time I gave them up in about 8 years ago. Car parked in the trailer with safety switch off (battery disconnected) and it would still be dead when we pulled it out several weels later to prep for next race.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:
                  Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I haven't confirmed it, but people say that after Optima moved their plant to Mexico, that was the end of the quality (not sure why since batteries are so low tech, compaired to other things)

I've switched back to the cheap and dirty walmart batteries. From what I've gathered they are made by Johnson Controls (as it the aerospace company???) but on the cheap.

Walmart has a 2 year free replacement warranty, the prorated after that I believe. I seem to notice them fading after about two years - getting weak and sluggish. I then just pick up a new one and swap it before time is up. Dear Walmart, if you want to sell me crap, I'll gladly return it when it's time. I have no problems with that.
                    Last edited by george graves; 04-18-2018, 03:03 AM.
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Not many years ago there were only three battery MFGR's in the USA. From what I understand, one went under, so you have Johnson and Exide for the most part....

john@m20guru.com
                      Links:
                      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I've had fantastic success with interstate batteries. I just replaced the one in my E30, it was 9 years old when it failed.
                        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I bought the Redtop I ran in my E30 back in 2009. *shrugs

Comment

I've heard both good and bad things about Optima. My buddy had a yellow top in his Integra that blew up (both the battery and engine several times). They warrantied it and the same thing happened to the replacement. He thought it might be an overcharging issue, but after the second optima popped, he went through and everything tested fine. He used the same cheapo walmart battery without issue after that.

Another friend has used yellow tops in his trucks since high school and won't use anything else.

I have had good luck with Interstate. I have had the same battery in my E28 for 3-4 years and I haven't unhooked the battery when storing it over winter or hooked it up to a tender. It's fired up without issue in the spring. We'll see what happens this year when it finally stops snowing.
                            Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

I used to swear by Optima, I literally would swap the battery when i would buy a new car and sell the other car with the battery that came in the new car. Never had a problem with it for nearly 8+ years. This was in the 2000s, so obviously its been a while

That doesnt seem to be the case anymore with them. Shame...
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                              X