Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
    I have never, since I was in the 6th grade and the whole thing started (at least for my age group) the fascination with basketball shoes, more to a point, basketball shoes primarily worn by those who don't play basketball. I mean, I wore skate shoes from the time I was 12 and on because... I SKATED.

I'm not saying you can't be into them, and I'm not trying to talk shit, I just have never understood it. What is the draw of paying $200 for shoes that are made of the same materials as just about any other shoe? I'm sorry man, but those things look like they belong in the space program.
    agreed.
    i only buy skate shoes.
    i occasionally buy dunks but now a days those are in the SB line of nike so they are skate shoes.
    other than skate shoes, chill shoes like slippers/moccasins, and maybe a pair of pumas.

i really need some running shoes.

Comment

I wear sperry's and I haven't been sailing in weeks.

SUPWITIT
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
        I wear sperry's and I haven't been sailing in weeks.

SUPWITIT
        That's tough man. I'm sorry.
        You get your pair, I'll get my pair, and we can both go?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
          That's tough man. I'm sorry.
          You get your pair, I'll get my pair, and we can both go?
          You're the sweetest guy on r3v, you know that?
          world renown Harry Potter expert
          sigpic

Comment

I have never, since I was in the 6th grade and the whole thing started (at least for my age group) the fascination with basketball shoes, more to a point, basketball shoes primarily worn by those who don't play basketball. I mean, I wore skate shoes from the time I was 12 and on because... I SKATED.

I'm not saying you can't be into them, and I'm not trying to talk shit, I just have never understood it. What is the draw of paying $200 for shoes that are made of the same materials as just about any other shoe? I'm sorry man, but those things look like they belong in the space program.
            It's another lifestyle to be honest. Some can't possibly imagine why we dump thousands of dollars into a "shit box" (as I've heard) 20+ year old BMW, but we do right?...and we love it :-D

The draw is their rarity, when a shoe falls under the "Deadstock" category they never create the same a pair again. Those two were $700 alone. They may come out with a different version the next year, but once they're produced for that edition, they're done.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
              ^ I spot the man-wagon loool
              tee hee.

Enjoy D3, I got halfway through before school said 'NOPE'

Here's why it's the Manwagon in the pic and not the M, my most recent purchase:

also a TRM chip, all is finally installed.
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I lol when I see people wearing basketball shoes around town.

Limited edition possibly...Also, there is a surprising amount of R & D that goes into making a shoe. That's why Nikes are more expensive than Costco's "court classics". I can't justify spending over $100 on a pair of shoes.

Comment

i wear pumas and vans i love those shoes i wouldn't buy anything else except for dress shoes , i spend bank on those
                  88 325is Five Speed
                  Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post

Damn. Mind if I ask how much that set you back?

Comment

Originally posted by nickpro View Post
                      Damn. Mind if I ask how much that set you back?
                      what is that thing a bologna slicer ?
                      My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Originally posted by 36brua View Post
                        what is that thing a bologna slicer ?

Yeah, but it's a Berkel slicer. Fully manual. It's the leica of slicers. In the US they're about 15k.

Comment

Originally posted by nickpro View Post
                          Yeah, but it's a Berkel slicer. Fully manual. It's the leica of slicers. In the US they're about 15k.
                          Serious? I thought it was a paint can shaker.
                          I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                            Your Apex ARC-8's.

You don't racecar your car.
                            Good point. However, they're still WAY cheaper than most of the high-end wheels available, especially in this bolt pattern.

A more valid argument in regard to my wheels would be if I were buying magnesium centerlock BBS LMs for my street/occasionally auto-x'd car at $500 each.

Again, not here to talk shit or downplay anyone's opinion. Nothing wrong with good, clean debate.

Comment

sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                              1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                              1991 318is - Sold
                              1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

42lbers...don't think motronic will like these too much :p

Comment

Working...
                                X