Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
    I spy an s38!
    indeed you do, torn on what to do with it. It was going in my dads e24 but we've decided on a MM 3700 rally build. It's due here in four to five weeks.
    sigpic

Comment

A toolbox I had at the shop sitting in a trailer, bringing it home.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

Dads' car made it home, so did the s50 project my brother and I are doing together.
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

This is a shot of some steel tables I bought and cleaned up. Painted them shop grey(Rustoleum). They are big and heavy, I also put caster wheels on all of them. The one on the left with the yellow paint has a one inch steel plate top. The one in the back has an electric over hydraulic crane mounted to it, it actually belongs on the back of a service truck. The one on the right has an aluminum top(nice for aluminum welding, I hate oxide contamination).
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

mona lisa

some r3v art
            Attached Files
            Last edited by bmwstudent; 05-15-2013, 08:02 PM. Reason: forgot the art
            sigpic

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

Saturday morning was reserved for a two and a half hour ride to chriskbmxs' house, a member here, I was supposed to pick up my hood and some bumper trim. Instead I spent the morning with my brother and stepfather working on the garage. I have been wanting to put electric and water in now that I have my c.o. and today was the day we started. My father brought over his mini-excavator, and his operator friend came over too. We trenched from the telephone pole to the garage and from the garage to the house. We laid conduit for electric 2 1/2", fios cable and (telephone if I ever wanted)1 1/2",and we also laid a 3/4" line of pex pipe for water. Everything is backfilled and tamped with a jumping jack.
                For those who are curious, I was kind of forced into running both buildings (house and garage) on one electric service. The electric company would not let me have two meters at the same address unless my second meter was billed as commercial. Not only is the rate higher but there is a $30 monthly fee just for having a commercial account. $360 a year just to have the account, not including the cost of power, no thanks. However I didn't want to run the garage off of the house, dimming lights in the house and all that anytime we strike an arc or use some real power. So since I have access to a free mini-ex and all it was going to cost me was the conduit and the 4/0 power cable and the pex pipe, I decided to go underground. I'll be feeding the garage first (my meter will be hung there), and from there it will feed the house. The house will feed the garage water, fios, phone and security cameras. I took some pics but I have not downloaded my phone yet. My wife has to do that for me. Hopefully tonight I will be able to post a couple.
                sigpic

Comment

a pic of the trench being dug, this is a shot from the corner of my house.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

another from the opposite side
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

a shot from inside the garage, Two pieces of conduit and a water pipe.
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

and finally a shot of my new wheels
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

NICE!! a few weeks ago I finally got my trench filled. Unfortunately I had to rip up my driveway which is cobblestone!! was one of the worst parts of my garage build. guess I should start a garage build thread here too.

Comment

your garage is inspiring, keep it up

garage build subforum !!hah wafflz

Comment

Thanks guys. Waffles yeah
                              sigpic

Comment

Some of the nuts and bolts have arrived, still waiting on the rack with bins. This is only some of them, I purchased 6mm-10mm, in 1.0, 1.25, and 1.5. Some of them up to 60mm. All are 8.8 or harder. Also purchased 1/4-1/2 in sae and uss up to 3". I get a really great deal on hardware from Cumberland truck parts. We purchase all our little stuff from them at the truck shop. Butt connectors, electrical tape, tek screws, machine screws, nuts and bolts, etc. I know some of you my think this is a little extravagant but I really hate stopping a project or progress because I need to take a trip to the hardware store.
                                Also fixed my first bmw customers vehicle here at the house. It really wasn't a big job. A friend of a friend just bought an e36 vert and the auto top would not work. After a little research I found the fuse for the top in the trunk in front of the battery and replaced it, reinitialized the top according to internet instructions and WAMMO, my first case of Hieneken was earned.
                                Also I kind if had a "dream come true moment" last weekend on saturday night. My little brother and I were attending an SCCA solo event and his car was not ready. He needed a vacuum booster and clutch master installed. The event was on sunday so we burned the midnight oil sat night to get his car ready. We were working with a 12v fluorescent work light and car battery for lighting and I looked over at Taylor (brother) and said " well here we are thrashing on your car the night before a race, this is a dream come true."
                                Now bring on the "cool story bro" comments.
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X