Computer thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post
    my steam name is e30onbbss as well, do you have GTA V?

No I just got steam set back up on my computer. I had MW2 and cod4 on it before, probably have em running around somewhere. My name is HennaE30, I'll shoot you a friend request or vice versa, whoever gets to it first.
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
    Originally posted by Northern
    beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
    Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
    Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
    '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
    Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
      No I just got steam set back up on my computer. I had MW2 and cod4 on it before, probably have em running around somewhere. My name is HennaE30, I'll shoot you a friend request or vice versa, whoever gets to it first.

Sweet Henna, I may game a bit tomorrow or later tonight. Gab and Agent and someone else has GTA it's wicked fun
      BMW tech
      Umass Amherst
      05 wrx sti

Comment

So GTA is worth it? I was very disappointed that they held off release for PC, now I don't know if I feel like spending the cash...

I feel like I'd be dropping full price for a 6 month old game
        No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I think it's worth it, though I'm admittedly a huge fan of the series dating back to the 2d versions.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            So GTA is worth it? I was very disappointed that they held off release for PC, now I don't know if I feel like spending the cash...

I feel like I'd be dropping full price for a 6 month old game

If your computer can take advantage of the graphics I think it is definitely worth it. I had no expectations and got it to play with you guys and just to get back into gaming a bit. I turned everything up to high and was quite surprised at how great everything looked. It's a beauitful game with plenty new guns cars clothes, and of course, FREE online. If online was $ I wouldn't have bought it but it's such a benefit of the PC version. Many times already I've played some ridiculous online mission and its so fun and funny to play some of the missions people create.

And first person mode, really the reason I bought it. It's so so sick. Weaving through traffic and everything in vehicles is very well done, along with everything else.
            BMW tech
            Umass Amherst
            05 wrx sti

Comment

I have a question regarding video cards. I am building a desktop that will be used for Solidworks and assetto corsa/iracing. I was planning on not getting a workstation video card, and going wth a gtx970 instead. Am I correct in assuming a "gaming" graphics card will run solidworks better than I workstation card will run assetto corsa?
              - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Here's a really good article regarding CAD cards vs. Game cards. They get a bad rap due to price to performance with games since they do so much more.

Workstation-class hardware like NVIDIA Quadro video cards tend to receive a really bad rap in the gaming community because the cost-to-performance ratio is not anywhere near as good as the GeForce cards that are designed and optimized specifically for gaming. Some have even gone to the point of claiming that you cannot play games on NVIDIA Quadro video cards at all! In this article we will examine the gaming performance of Quadro cards to see how they perform in a number of games.

Comment

Here's my pretty ridiculous mobile pc built into a pelican case. It has an i7 haswell processor (can't remember which one), gtx670, 6tb software raid 0, ssd boot drive, 32gb ram, 3 external slots for internal drives, external firewire 800, USB 2, USB 3, esata, headphones card readers, ether net, a 20“ monitor, wireless keyboard and mouse, cheap internal mono speaker, and an Blackmagic ultrastudio for pro quality hdsdi and hdmi video input and output.

It's based on a 3 rack unit case bolted to the bottom of the pelican, with a custom CT out scooped lid to fit the graphics card, and ducted fans to the outside to keep idle temp at 44 c and full cpu and gpu load at 76 c.

Almost nothing inside of the pelican isn't cut and re soldered to the correct length, hacked up a power strip, has a military power toggle on front, a volt and amp meter in the side, and a flush marine ac power socket to plug Powe into.

Only cost about $2400, cheaper and way more powerful than a laptop, but obviously not as portable. But I did fly from Nashville lot LA with it as luggage...

Comment

^ You win. That is awesome.
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                      ^ You win. That is awesome.

Yea.. That is amazing. 3.0TB haha
                      BMW tech
                      Umass Amherst
                      05 wrx sti

Comment

Cleaned off my desk, moved it and rewired everything.. I've also since got a new graphics card for Witcher 3

Specs:
                        Dell XPS 630i
                        900w power supply
                        DDR2 motherboard (next upgrade)
                        I3 quad core 2.66GHz processor (gonna upgrade to a quad i5 with the new mother board)
                        8GB of RAM (16GB with new motherboard)
                        Gigabyte GTX970 graphics card

Originally posted by flyboyx
                        how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                        Originally posted by Northern
                        beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                        Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                        Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                        '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                        Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Guys so I finally bought my first "real" PC. I'll post up some pics and specs tonight. It's nothing special but I can finally play Assetto Corsa!!
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

FUCK MATH.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                              FUCK MATH.

That is all.
                              This is a computer thread?
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                                This is a computer thread?
                                He's a noob. I bet he meant to post in the student thread. Fuckin' 2012's

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X