No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoid a car racing partnership like the plague my man.

Just doesn't feel right at all.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

What if you both got very similar cars and joined forces for both of the cars?
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        Id rather shift through molasses then be stuck on side of road with gelled fuel lol
        Diesel?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        88 325i Cabrio
        04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
          Avoid a car racing partnership like the plague my man.

Just doesn't feel right at all.
          I agree

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
          What if you both got very similar cars and joined forces for both of the cars?
          This is basically what Im leaning towards. I want to convince him and my brother to also buy a Datsun 2000 Roadster and that way we can have spares that will work on both cars.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Stupid -10 temps gelled my truck up even with powerservice antigel and it plugged in. Had to drive all over town to find some 9-1-1 ended up getting it from the truck stop on outside of town. What a great way to start the day
            had this happen back in 2010 when I was living in IA, I had the holidays off from a job in PA so I got fuel at the truck stop in town 2 days before I had to head back, we ordered pizza the next day. Got about 1/2 mile down the road and nearly lost it. Limped it back to the house tarped it up and got the torpedoes running to defrost it, and called the truck stop, after talking to 4 people I finally got an answer that pour point was only -10*F IN FUCKING NORTHERN IOWA for their winter fuel and air temps were -20 at night. I always run a heavy dose of blue bottle Stanydyne, but still had to get a bottle red power service 911 and my truck hated that shit......

I have been dumbfounded by the winter fuel blends in the plains states (other than the Dakotas) hell MN is going to mandatory B20 in may of this year which is going to be a nightmare when its cold like this. Even in MI we had pour points in the -40 area most places all form Nov-April , and where I live now I can get straight #1 almost everywhere if need be, Oct-May and if we are going to venture east of the divide out on the high plains in the winter with the dirty-max I at least fill with 50/50 #1/#2 . Hell over in Havre they have not been above 0 since before xmass night or day and the other day had air temps at -31*f .......
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-02-2018, 12:00 PM.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Thats kinda it, I dont really trust him NOT to crash it. He's a fast driver, but he's also wrecked a lot of cars. He even crashed the Aluminum Monster when he got a little too wild on Mulholland when it was wet and I let him borrow the car while I borrowed his truck. I think that situation would be written in a contract, but I feel like this is the stuff that ruins friendships. My gut says to avoid the situation altogether

Id like to see him and my brother go half on another Roadster and we could split the costs for a collection of spares. They could split the cost to build that car. Ive put a lot of my own time (and Wills' time) into getting this car going.
              Yeah, trust your gut, definitely don't go in on a partnership with that guy. I don't like the idea of a partnership in general, but definitely not with that guy.

And if he crashes that many cars, maybe he shouldn't be racing, and instead, taking some fucking instructional courses. My gut feeling from your description is he's kind of a jackass, and doesn't seem to know when to slow down, especially if he's driving someone else's car.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                had this happen back in 2010 when I was living in IA, I had the holidays off from a job in PA so I got fuel at the truck stop in town 2 days before I had to head back, we ordered pizza the next day. Got about 1/2 mile down the road and nearly lost it. Limped it back to the house tarped it up and got the torpedoes running to defrost it, and called the truck stop, after talking to 4 people I finally got an answer that pour point was only -10*F IN FUCKING NORTHERN IOWA for their winter fuel and air temps were -20 at night. I always run a heavy dose of blue bottle Stanydyne, but still had to get a bottle red power service 911 and my truck hated that shit......

I have been dumbfounded by the winter fuel blends in the plains states (other than the Dakotas) hell MN is going to mandatory B20 in may of this year which is going to be a nightmare when its cold like this. Even in MI we had pour points in the -40 area most places all form Nov-April , and where I live now I can get straight #1 almost everywhere if need be, Oct-May and if we are going to venture east of the divide out on the high plains in the winter with the dirty-max I at least fill with 50/50 #1/#2 . Hell over in Havre they have not been above 0 since before xmass night or day and the other day had air temps at -31*f .......

Im pretty sure the gas station i got my fuel from hasnt switched over to winter blend. It was 40-50’s and then in a matter of a day was -10 so pretty sure they were just being cheap and not switching over. I will be only going to kum and go from now on. They have winter blend fuel AND mix it with power service all year round. Its good stuff my dads truck loves it. I was being a lazy and just got it from Philip 66. No more though

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                  Yeah, trust your gut, definitely don't go in on a partnership with that guy. I don't like the idea of a partnership in general, but definitely not with that guy.

And if he crashes that many cars, maybe he shouldn't be racing, and instead, taking some fucking instructional courses. My gut feeling from your description is he's kind of a jackass, and doesn't seem to know when to slow down, especially if he's driving someone else's car.

haha not quite. Hes actually a really good driver, but he's usually driving at the limit... sometimes you cross it. Im remembering things that we had to go through when he crashed the Aluminum Monster and its not an experience I want to go through again
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

i still have a buddy in Pennsylvania with a collection of 5 or 6 of those datsun's. let me know if you want his number.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      i still have a buddy in Pennsylvania with a collection of 5 or 6 of those datsun's. let me know if you want his number.
                      Yea send me a text or something with his contact info.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

How was everyone's Christmas/New years!?
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                          How was everyone's Christmas/New years!?

Boring. Sub zero temps had me saying f that and i stayed home and played video games for the new year. That new assassins creed is fun.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Boring. Sub zero temps had me saying f that and i stayed home and played video games for the new year. That new assassins creed is fun.
                            There are so many occasions where I choose to play video games instead of going out into the world ha!

I've never played Assassins Creed, I've only played shooters and RTS games.

Us Californians are spoiled, I believe it was around 75* on Christmas
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                              There are so many occasions where I choose to play video games instead of going out into the world ha!

I've never played Assassins Creed, I've only played shooters and RTS games.

Us Californians are spoiled, I believe it was around 75* on Christmas

It wasn’t bad here on xmas but man in new years it was like -10 when i woke up and dropped to like -20 during the day

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Didn't really seem like Christmas/New Years as I worked Sat before and the Tuesday after...didn't really seem much of a break...

I did play some CSGO!
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X