• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    I swear, everyones first E30 was a 86 -es... mine was
    Ha! Mine was only a 86 e.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Same. I have only owned one m20 car and its my 89 325is. My goal was to own a car with each variant of engine available in the e30 except the m10 i got that for the 2002
    And the e's are m20... don't sell my engine short!:hitler:

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
      Ha! Mine was only a 86 e.

And the e's are m20... don't sell my engine short!:hitler:

Not selling it short. A 2.7i with a 272 cam would be pretty fun especially with a turbo.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

so, I need to vent...

I've been wanting to buy a home for a little while now. I've been making some moves to prepare us to be ready, and a few weeks ago I decided we should move forward with getting preapproved so that when we find a place we like in LA, we can be ready to make an offer. My wife hasnt really been on board with the idea, but she admits she may never be and will participate as much as she can. After we started the process things moved fairly quickly, but her HR has been sitting on the verification of employment for over a week now and it looks like another week is going to come and go without the preapproval. We're going to look at places this weekend but without a preapproval in place, we will likely miss out again. The LA market is stupid, and with the BS happening in the stock market its negatively affecting a lot of small things that combined could add up to be a pain in the ass...

/rant
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

That sucks. The market here in KC was on FIRE for the past 2-3 years and it was to the point where a home would come onto the market at noon and have 6 offers by EOD. Stupid.

Regarding the proof of employment, can't she just provide her W-2 or paystubs? If my memory serves, that is all I had to do.

What about FHA? You could always do an FHA mortgage on your own, have her contribute some down-payment (not on paper, just give you a check/cash) and then re-fi in a few months into a conventional mortgage which would drastically reduce your PMI. When you re-fi, you will have all the time you need to get the paperwork in order and then list her on the loan too. I went this route and it seemed to be the fastest/easiest with the smallest amount of cash down.

Just my $0.02 - I know r3v is full of home buyers far more experienced than me.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
          Sounds like you need a massage.
          Originally posted by kpeng
          Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Im trying to avoid FHA completely, I want to start with a traditional loan, even though we still will have a PMI to deal with. With FHA I dont want to be stuck to the PMI forever...

We've already given them both W2 and paystubs, but that stupid verification is holding us up... My company replied immediately and hers has a MINIMUM 5 business day turnaround, so I called on the 6th and asked her when she would get it done and she didnt seem to understand nor care about our situation. She said she might get to it by today.
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

WTF is an employment verification? last 24 months of W2's and the last 30days of pay stubs is all our loan guy wanted for employment and income history....

I think you should find a new loan provider to work with...... Sounds like arbitrary BS too me.. Its a very exhausting/arduous/invasive process even with out the extra stuff. I had to write a letter about what the "significant business expenses" were and if I got reimbursed for them and why I have such a large amount them every week. My "Business expenses" on my pay stub is a fucking credit for my daily perdiem to cover my living expenses while on the road working, the processor could not even read my pay stubs correctly...... Dont expect any competency from these monkeys with anything that is out of the standard "normal" looking W2 because everything seems to be a "red flag" to them, I also had to write a letter to underwriting about why I took 10 months off to care for my out of state stage 4 cancer terminal mother then clean up her hoarder house and cluster fuck of affairs after her passing, then spent some time after all that at home with my family.....
              Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-02-2018, 01:50 PM.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

^ that's fair (re: FHA vs. conventional)

I just loved holding onto a bunch of cash by doing FHA and then moving into a conventional without any out of pocket expenses and the added benefit of PMI decreasing drastically (still paying some though).

This will only really work assuming the home you end up with appreciates in the first year or so, or you buy for below the appraised value (which probably is impossible).

What I also did to help mitigate the PMI cost was setup bi-monthly payments to minimize the interest accrual. Paying ~$150 in additional principle each month across bi-monthly payments saves something like $9k in interest on a $200k 30yr note and decreases the life by ~6years. Even after moving into a conventional loan, I still do the bi-monthly payments with extra principle on top. F*ck interest.

Edit: I agree with Sleeve. I'd find a solid mortgage broker - that's how I got the best rate. Dealing directly with banks is a PITA. Pretty sure we have a SoCal broker on here, can't remember his username. The dude with all the sexy white Mcars - I believe one of his plates is 'FUNDIT'.

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

NM miss read your post

But yes stay conventional and get as much down as you can scrape up, every percent helps with that fucking PMI, .......
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

200k note :rofl:

Starting over with another broker is pointless at this point because we are at the final step. I dont want to start all over. My wifes family does a lot of mortgage business too and initially I was going to go through their process but they had even more required paperwork.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      200k note :rofl:
                      This - as a native NY'er and my eyes on Cali, I know how absoultely absurd this is.

Good luck man. Hopefully your wife's employer gets their shit together and provides what you need ASAP.

Idk about everyone else, but I've never worked with an HR department that was even remotely responsive or quick to get shit done.

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

So one of my customers came in today, not with a car problem, but with a different request. He comes in and asks me if I can hangout with his 20 y/o son and teach him how to drive and take him out, because he's not good at socializing. WTF man, talk about awkward.
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

You shouldve said "Perfect Ive been drinking all day and could use a driver"
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Or you could just ask if the kid is good at bj's.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                              So one of my customers came in today, not with a car problem, but with a different request. He comes in and asks me if I can hangout with his 20 y/o son and teach him how to drive and take him out, because he's not good at socializing. WTF man, talk about awkward.
                              Swap helping the kid for some quality wife time.

Comment

"you got a purtty mouth, BOY, SHOW ME WHAT IT CAN DO"
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X