No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really need to stay off Bring a Trailer... I placed several bids on the Ferrari Flat12 motor yesterday and one today on a Cayman...luckily I was outbid both times, but the Cayman auction still has another hour and Im quite bored right now at work...
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      I really need to stay off Bring a Trailer... I placed several bids on the Ferrari Flat12 motor yesterday and one today on a Cayman...luckily I was outbid both times, but the Cayman auction still has another hour and Im quite bored right now at work...
      You sure you don't want an S25 318ti or maybe a gutted, caged 318is, or even a turnkey Chump Car? I mean, if your money really wants to find a new home, why not a r3v member?

Comment

variety is the spice of life!
        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          You sure you don't want an S25 318ti or maybe a gutted, caged 318is, or even a turnkey Chump Car? I mean, if your money really wants to find a new home, why not a r3v member?
          tell me more about this S25 mystery machine. Im known to like a lot of junk in the trunk, just ask my wife... she has already veto'd a clownshoe so this would be a fun workaround.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            yes, you probably are. can you install a pleated paper filter somewhere in the return line?

Achievement unlocked: Amateur rig artist
            Theyrs nuthing to halld a filtir, just a hol.

Rigged ac filter by jet jones, on Flickr
            Dirty stock furnace filter by jet jones, on Flickr
            Stock ac filter by jet jones, on Flickr

Comment

ghah! that looks just awful. measure then go to Home Depot and by a pleated filter. also buy some of that aluminum tape such as Polyken 509. just tape a filter to the end of the furnace. be sure to go all the way around the edge so air and impurities won't seep in behind the filter.

I guess those weights on the end are there to keep the vibrations down?
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Get the fu......

That is a first.
                  My previous build (currently E30-less)
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                    sum won tryin' too hard to get a "best of" I would say.

there isn't even any way to respond to the ad.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      I guess those weights on the end are there to keep the vibrations down?

the weights is to hold down the new foam filter there is no way to secure it to the wood box below.
                      Tape wouldn't hold it down because it is old wood. :(
                      it's fpr5 so better than the woolly stuff. 20x25''

Comment

I can't stand the logic behind printers. I have a laser printer that still prints (old as in late 90's) on the same toner cartridge. Tried buying a NOS cartridge, and it was bunk, so I live with the few blank vertical lines, and have printed entire ETM's from it over the last several years in it's current state.

So, shipping companies started to "lose" packages since they aren't easy to scan and drivers are too lazy to punch in 11-15 numbers (go figure).

Purchase a cheap printer, ink jet. Printer is $42 after local tax.

Black ink is $29, color three pack is $32.

So, ink is more than the printer.

It already ran out of black after 12 business days.

What a joke. Humans would rather throw away an entire printer, than make ink easily accessible.

Cheapest laser printer is down to ~$150 for something decent, and claims 1500 pages. My 1990's printer is still jamming after almost 30yr, who knows when the last cartridge was changed, but I got it second hand in 2012. lol. I probably printed like 10k pages with the toner that was in the stupid thing......in 2012....
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

The ink in new ink jet printers is not as full as the ink in the replacement cartridges.
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd
                          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

If you really want to get confused by printers, research and try to understand process printing machines. I work as a creative director and deal with larger printers on a daily basis.

The hours that go into prepping artwork for mass production print is wild. Working with separate colour plates, pantone colours, knockout colours, etc...it'll make your head spin.
                            Steve • Toronto
                            1991 318is • Brillantrot
                            Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                              I can't stand the logic behind printers. I have a laser printer that still prints (old as in late 90's) on the same toner cartridge. Tried buying a NOS cartridge, and it was bunk, so I live with the few blank vertical lines, and have printed entire ETM's from it over the last several years in it's current state.

So, shipping companies started to "lose" packages since they aren't easy to scan and drivers are too lazy to punch in 11-15 numbers (go figure).

Purchase a cheap printer, ink jet. Printer is $42 after local tax.

Black ink is $29, color three pack is $32.

So, ink is more than the printer.

It already ran out of black after 12 business days.

What a joke. Humans would rather throw away an entire printer, than make ink easily accessible.

Cheapest laser printer is down to ~$150 for something decent, and claims 1500 pages. My 1990's printer is still jamming after almost 30yr, who knows when the last cartridge was changed, but I got it second hand in 2012. lol. I probably printed like 10k pages with the toner that was in the stupid thing......in 2012....
                              This always got me too. Liquid gold.
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                                If you really want to get confused by printers, research and try to understand process printing machines. I work as a creative director and deal with larger printers on a daily basis.

The hours that go into prepping artwork for mass production print is wild. Working with separate colour plates, pantone colours, knockout colours, etc...it'll make your head spin.
                                Went to art school and started to learn about these just out of curiosity. I love how technical it is but man I'm glad I didn't study graphic design
                                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
                                X