No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant wait to go to the Historics at Laguna Seca in a few weeks... I really need a few days of car activities to give me a break
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
      Went Go Karting again yesterday for the 2nd time this year. 50 mph on the back straights, something close to 89* outside, had an absolute blast again. Top 3 guys (my brother, coworker, and myself) were all within a couple tenths of each other lap after lap.

That got me going down the rabbit hole of looking at motorcycle powered carts, F1000 cars, etc.. Turns out my yearly salary is "too poor" to get involved in those types of sports :D

This is a crappy iPhone shot of the final race where my friend in black made an obscenely good pass on me, two wheels in the dirt to steal the win:

that looks like a blast. 50 mph? shit, thats kill yourself fast!

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      I cant wait to go to the Historics at Laguna Seca in a few weeks... I really need a few days of car activities to give me a break
      damn! I want to go. we don't have anything cool like this 'round here.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        that looks like a blast. 50 mph? shit, thats kill yourself fast!
        Yep, they'll hit that on the back straight :)
        We're all bruised up, my ribs are still sore, but it's worth it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
        2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Yeah, there's an indoor asphalt track that uses electric ones like an hour south of me. They say around 45, but probably closer to like 38 top. Those things are INTENSE. Three 16+1 lap races physically drained the hell out of me.
          88 325i Cabrio
          04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Yeah there's a local indoor track with electric ones and they are fairly quick. The course is pretty tight so not much room, but if you follow the correct line I can top out the cart. I'm a big guy so it's not as fast as if I was smaller.

And my legs were hurting as I was using them to keep me in the seat and in position.

We had a team building meet at the cart track. It was so fun! Yelling at my co-workers to get out of the way! lol
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd
            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I really wish I could do it more often. I mean, I have my rig for some gaming fun, but nothing really beats actually being out and doing it.
              88 325i Cabrio
              04 Neon SRT-4

If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

I used to go carting fairly often with my friend but we found that for the prices we were paying ($50-100) we could just do real track driving... I havent really gone back, but I do want to get my younger cousins/ nephews/ etc into it so I might have to do them more soon... gotta get the younger generation taught right
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

I WOULD go to a track, but my E30 isn't in great shape and is also a vert and my Neon is a rattly tin can and isn't much fun except in a straight line. I would love to have a car actually worth a track day someday.
                  88 325i Cabrio
                  04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                    I WOULD go to a track, but my E30 isn't in great shape and is also a vert and my Neon is a rattly tin can and isn't much fun except in a straight line. I would love to have a car actually worth a track day someday.
                    Well... if there was a car to do it with, its the Neon. a ratty tin can is perfect for the track just in case you have to take it home in a box... you can make the FWD car take turns with proper suspension tuning
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Well... if there was a car to do it with, its the Neon. a ratty tin can is perfect for the track just in case you have to take it home in a box... you can make the FWD car take turns with proper suspension tuning
                      Lol rattly, not ratty. Maybe if I can find an srt for like 2k and all beat up it'd be worth it. I've just heard turbo cars don't hold up well to track use compared to N/A.
                      88 325i Cabrio
                      04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

Its a Neon... its rattly AND ratty hahah

If you are serious about doing something like that do some research on what you want the car to do and where you want to compete with it. It can save you a big headache down the road.

I basically overbuilt my previous E30 to the point that I couldnt daily drive it anymore and the groups it was racing in was very expensive and though I had the BHP, I was lacking everywhere else...
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Its a Neon... its rattly AND ratty hahah

If you are serious about doing something like that do some research on what you want the car to do and where you want to compete with it. It can save you a big headache down the road.

I basically overbuilt my previous E30 to the point that I couldnt daily drive it anymore and the groups it was racing in was very expensive and though I had the BHP, I was lacking everywhere else...
                          First of all, truest statement ever.
                          Second, I want something with a little more oomph than the stock power of the M20 but not something that will be easy to go overboard in. I'm just not exactly sure what I want yet. An E30 seems like an obvious choice to me, but idk...
                          88 325i Cabrio
                          04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

dude hmu when you're there I'm going with my old boss/a few other friends
                            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                              dude hmu when you're there I'm going with my old boss/a few other friends
                              definitely
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

There's an electric cart place here in Nashville. We always have a good time!

Originally posted by kronus
                                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                                X