Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beamerboi View Post
    Is an automatic e30 really that bad?? I’m starting to lose hope on the M/T. Should I pay the $600 or just stick to auto for now??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We gave you a chance to get the transmission for free, all you had to do was make a thread to generate funds.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      We gave you a chance to get the transmission for free, all you had to do was make a thread to generate funds.

I know for that I’m thankful. I’ll have the $ this week I’m just hoping it goes well because I found one for 375 but it does not have shift kit and I’ve never bought from this guy lll put a pic of it he says it’s missing a rubber piece or something? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3863.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	7198389

Comment

I know for that I’m thankful. I’ll have the $ this week I’m just hoping it goes well because I found one for 375 but it does not have shift kit and I’ve never bought from this guy lll put a pic of it he says it’s missing a rubber piece or something? [ATTACH]124605[/ATTACH]

Jesus, didn't even cut the balancer ring all the way off
        88 325i Cabrio
        04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

That's an early model trans. You will need to use the pre-1985 build date crappy shifter linkage (sheet metal style)
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
            That's an early model trans. You will need to use the pre-1985 build date crappy shifter linkage (sheet metal style)

Good to know! Thank you! I’m just going to go thru the same dude who sold me the rest of the swap kit. I didn’t get the trans from him originally because I thought I already had :/

Comment

Well, you should be able to sell the g240.

On a side note: I fear that this "off-topic" thread is becoming too on topic. Someone do something weird.

Story time?
              What was your experience(if any) with E30s before you got into E30s?
              Originally posted by Melon
              Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                No, I had the same kind sent to me instead of a late (Thanks Bavarian Auto Recycling) and it was for the dogbone. Suggestion: buy the stubby late model linkage piece from ECS tuning for like $14 and then get a short throw with a DSSR.
                88 325i Cabrio
                04 Neon SRT-4

If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Make nonsense thread “Gay” again!

Comment

Originally posted by CMBusch View Post

On a side note: I fear that this "off-topic" thread is becoming too on topic. Someone do something weird.

Story time?
                    Had a buddy (Mr. Deagle on E30tech and maybe R3v) who had a hennarot 84 318i automatic.

Had a blast in that thing, as pathetic as it was.

Rest is history.
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Story time?
                      My dad bought one when I was in high school as kind of like a mid life crisis car. Was a real piece of shit, but so great to drive. Zinno cabby with slushbox and fukd interior. BUT, it was on Billy's/HR's. When I was in college, I was trying to sell my sunfire to get something more fun. He was going through a divorce and gave me the E30 in hopes that I'd either just enjoy it or sell it. NOPE. Sold my very reliable great condition car for like 1/2 of what it was worth and then used the money to work on the E30.
                      88 325i Cabrio
                      04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

Story time?

Yes I have to take it back of and post it. The guy who is selling me the g260 said he has a g240 up for $150 and it’s not moving :/ so yeah I’m not going to get much for it. I’m going to just blow my whole check to get this project going. The g260 I’m buying is from the same set I got my flywheel driveshaft and clutch from. It’s got shifter as well. He’s charging $600 but at least I know it will work. This has not been an easy journey and I’m sure there is more obstacles to come!

Comment

Make nonsense thread “Gay” again!
                          Well, the miata thread is relevant-ish again so why not! I don't get the hate for miatas, I just don't own one because I don't fit in one. Mr. Regular got it right.

My friend/teammate in high school had an early 325E silver vert with a destroyed cardinal sport interior. It was an auto and a pile. I think the trans went out so one of his family friends manual swapped it and made a 2.7 i motor. I took a ride in it and thought it was pretty sweet.

Also, anyone ever see these on an E30?
                          Last edited by CMBusch; 11-28-2018, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                            Had a buddy (Mr. Deagle on E30tech and maybe R3v) who had a hennarot 84 318i automatic.

Had a blast in that thing, as pathetic as it was.

Rest is history.

What is he up to these days?

Comment

The my first and only e30 is my current project. It was given to me by a customer. She said it was her fathers car Robert Byrne I guess he was a famous cinematographer? She drove it for a bit after he passed then passed it to the son who then drove it into the ground. I just asked her about it and said I can take it she had AAA so I got it towed free. Before I took it I took a day to think on it/research. Found the respect your elders doc after seeing how desired they are I decided to take on the project. Here’s some pics on how I found her. So yes I’ve never been in or drove an e30 this will be my first. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2600.jpg
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	7198402Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2606.jpg
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	7198403Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2601.jpg
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	7198404

Comment

^Looks like a pretty solid start though. It looks to have lots of good parts and is complete/rust free.

It seems as if most people got into E30s even though they all were piles and/or never drove one. I think that says a lot to be honest.

I bought mine and worked on it for two and a half years before ever driving it around outside my neighborhood. Everything but the glass and doors came off/out and I did all that with blind faith that the internet was right about E30s.

Comment

Working...
                                X