Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
    60* GM with a TARBO on it ;)

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1646/23625248359_21aa28cc8a_b.jpgIMG_7125 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

Is that a fierro?
    My brothers sub 10sec on piss poor tuning and undersized injectors, and only about 17psi Fiero. There is "A LOT" of customization in that engine bay.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      My brothers sub 10sec on piss poor tuning and undersized injectors, and only about 17psi Fiero. There is "A LOT" of customization in that engine bay.
      Sub 10's is no joke, bet that car is scary as hell
      91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
      Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
      E30 can make you, E30 can break you
      "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
        Sub 10's is no joke, bet that car is scary as hell
        from a serious prespective, I have many friends with insane power in small cars. They never touch there suspension. How can bushings on a stock fiero handle alot of horsepower? I'm just curious as to why nobody mentions or cautions on suspension work, let's go back to route on C4 corvettes running 100mph on stock suspension components, I just always question this brother, every car for sale has stock bushings

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

^
          There is very little about that car that is stock, its on a full coil over, C4 vette Big brake Kit, and VERY VERY rare IMSA actual competition wheels. most of the bushings in the engine bay are custom AL slugs or derlin, pollys most everywhere else, and most mounts are all very custom and very reinforced

Last time I rode in it It was SCARY, and STOOOPID FAST Since then when that photo was taken, 2016 its gotten correctly sized injectors, with proper Nozzle spray pattern, much better tune, a New intake fabed up, and a decreased A/R Turbine housing to get it to spool by 2800 rather than 3400, still only running about 1.3bar but the thing is in theory good at least double that.

Will likely never have an official trap time as he stomps the brakes about the 900-1000 foot mark to keep it from the 10's as then he needs a cage, fuel/battery cuts and all kinds of other things not there on "street cars" He has not done much with it as far as getting finished and 100% enjoyable, as life is getting busier and busier
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-22-2019, 09:09 PM.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
            from a serious prespective, I have many friends with insane power in small cars. They never touch there suspension. How can bushings on a stock fiero handle alot of horsepower? I'm just curious as to why nobody mentions or cautions on suspension work, let's go back to route on C4 corvettes running 100mph on stock suspension components, I just always question this brother, every car for sale has stock bushings

You would be hard pressed to find a car who's stock bushings can't handle 100mph. Much less a sport car like a corvette. From my understanding and experience, the only reason to upgrade stock suspension bushings is to increase handling or when you add huge amounts of HP.
            91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
            Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
            E30 can make you, E30 can break you
            "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

R.i.p Bavarian Autosport , loved them when I had my e46

You all know more than me, has rockauto ever left anyone stranded and would you recommend them for your daily driver?

Last edited by Sonny; 03-22-2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Broken link sorry
                Last edited by Sonny; 03-22-2019, 09:49 PM.

Comment

I have a dream that one day Sonny will learn how to post a link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skGEBgePHtk
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                    I have a dream that one day Sonny will learn how to post a link... And do a S50 swap
                    Hey thanks man, just wanted to show you guys this masterpiece!

Last edited by Sonny; 03-22-2019, 09:59 PM.

Comment

rock auto is mostly just Mail Order Autozone. I have used them in the past, and wont anymore, for me its OEM or PROVEN upgraded replacement

YMMV

William Pitt-

Comment

rock auto is mostly just Mail Order Autozone. I have used them in the past, and wont anymore, for me its OEM or PROVEN upgraded replacement

YMMV
                        That's exactly what I thought.

Same exact part numbers

$55 timing chain tensioner at FCP
                        $11 at Rock Auto

I kinda have a hard time believing $40 saved is worth the potential of engine failure, but Im also called an idiot at times by mechanic friends when I ask for advice but never pay them to get there hands dirty, because I do it, but there always saying it's all the same. Some don't believe so some do, depending on if it's there car they are working on aha

Last edited by Sonny; 03-23-2019, 12:30 AM.

Comment

if the part numbers align from the same manufacturer then use rock as the cheaper alternative. I am not maintaining a Dodge caliber and or Civics though. I have A Duramax, and FZJ80, so aftermarket parts are not preferred, and a the wifes rig has plenty of warranty left on it

William Pitt-

Comment

if the part numbers align from the same manufacturer then use rock as the cheaper alternative. I am not maintaining a Dodge caliber and or Civics though. I have A Duramax, and FZJ80, so aftermarket parts are not preferred, and a the wifes rig has plenty of warranty left on it
                            Different alternative aftermarket brand parts bro, your right I'll stick with FCP!

Check this out

Comment

SHIT so sorry to hear about your daughter, good to know she is ok, best wishes and prayers from us up here.

Humm thats an interesting intake you have on there ;) Also contact my brother on how to not break 60* gm cranks at over 15lbs and how to make BIG single spool.....

60* GM with a TARBO on it ;)

, on Flickr
                              I never broke a crank. My car started as a 3.1, the external balanced 2.8 cranks were weak. That engine in the pic with the Firebird was a 3.4 Camaro block, 3400 pistons (9.1:1 compression) Chevy Malibu heads/intake. Same thing thats in my Camaro except I left the RWD 3.4 pistons so it's 14:1 compression.

Your brother's car must be insane. Thos DOHC 3.4's were underrated, even in NA form. People just hated them because they can be a pain to time all those cams. Did he use the Getrag 284? Rare gearboxes, but hard the break. Most of those transverse came G282
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

YMMV
                                Rock Auto is good older American car parts like for my Scout. I can get dusty old parts that were made in USA still. Sometimes.
                                Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X