No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our most experienced guy/ACA/lead hand is leaving for another company, while our only other lead hand has put in for a transfer to another department. Our two newest hires have either put in for transfers or been told they aren't meeting expectations and are getting moved elsewhere. Lots of other people on the fence to transfer or leave as well.

This all stems from our mechanics not having any work, so our manager decided to send them off to other programs and cut our overtime off completely. Once they experienced how relaxed the other programs are, how well management treats everyone there, and how much overtime they get regardless of work load, a lot of our guys are considering putting in for transfers.

So on the upside, I am the best candidate for promotion to fill the supervisory position, which would bump me to the top wage plus some premiums, plus with fewer people around and with management hopefully cluing into the the fact that people will not stay here without overtime, we should finally get some overtime back.

On the downside, if both lead hands leave, I'm afraid they will transfer a mechanical lead who is "dual trade" to try to be our lead, and that would not fly with any of us.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I know she isn't referring to people, but I laughed a lot when I read this.

No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

lolvo lip 1 little birdie 0

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Ouch.

Speaking of little birdies, the Mrs. and I found a bird with a broken wing and a wound on it's chest that had already begun to heal. Poor thing was healthy but grounded.

Found a local Exotic Vet that pairs with rehabilitation centers, and took it in.
          No E30 Club
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I'm late to this thread, but here's a giant tub full of what appear to be severed, uncircumcised dicks.

Comment

My fuel pump just went out. And I'm in Vegas. Good thing I brought tools.

Comment

Originally posted by henryki View Post
                My fuel pump just went out. And I'm in Vegas. Good thing I brought tools.
                Smart man.
                For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                Originally posted by mbonanni
                I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Not sure if I'm getting a cold, or if I have suddenly developed seasonal allergies.
                  I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

hnnnnnnng'd hardcore today

20140602-DSC_1702-layer by PhillipKeefe, on Flickr

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I just got fired for not giving one of the school rent a cops my school ID in a public parking lot. Fucking bullshit, I even told him if you give me a valid reason of why you need my ID I'll give it to you, but I never did anything wrong, I was just waiting in the parking lot for my friend to get off of work so I could give him a ride home.... Should I take legal action or what?

Also this asshole took a picture of my license plate so that he could track me down. *While on public property*

Comment

Are you sure it was public property? Was it the school's lot? Do you attend the school?

I mean it sounds pretty dumb but if it was in the school's lot then I could see the security guy just trying to figure out why you're sitting in their lot.

Also, fired from what?

Comment

Not 100% sure if it's school property but I was a student worker moving furniture for all the living areas on campus.

But what pisses me off is that when I worked there would be random ass sketchy looking people chilling that lot smoking cigarettes and they would never give them any trouble. Plus every security guard on campus is chill except for one guy. And that's the guy I ran into. And now I'm out of a job....

Comment

Just bought an e36 for the m50. Turns out is has a 3.15 LSD according to the vin decoders. '93 325is with cold weather package and m suspension package. Paid $500 and can part the rest out to make that back. Fucking schwing.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

If you and the security guard are employed by the same place, its best to just play nice.

Had a guy here get 3 days unpaid time off for giving the security guard a rough time.

The guy was just doing his job, and being that you were employed and *possibly* on school property, you should have just given him your ID. What legal action could you take? You guys were on the same team (both employed by the school), and you inhibited his ability to do his job. There is probably some fine print somewhere that you are obligated to give up the school ID if prompted.
                              No E30 Club

Comment

Not saying it's a good idea, but I'd probably fuck with the guy who got you fired until he quit or I got caught.
                                Originally posted by priapism
                                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                                Originally posted by shameson
                                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                                X